« Back to All Topics
Suggestion to improve FlyOrDie's gaming experience
First off let me say that FlyOrDie, unlike other gaming websites, is one if not the only best gaming website on the internet. FlyOrDie has so much potential in becoming more popular that I strongly encourage all of you to participate and share your viewpoints so we can come to an agreement of what we think is best. With this said, let me introduce my proposal and you can decide rather or not you support.

My proposal is when two players engage in a game, their names will appear in the upper right corner of the screen like it is right now. When one of the players wonders off from the screen, their name becomes transparent and when they return back, their name goes back to normal. The reasoning behind this is to decide if the person you are playing against might be using a program. Whenever it is their turn to move and their name becomes transparent every time before they make a move, then we come up with the conclusion that they are cheating and might be using a program. When their is no indication before challenging the opponent that they might be using a program and we believe that the person we are playing against is a fair player, when in reality is not, we know to stay away from that individual in future games as well as the indicated players who might program. Their are many players who do not have a program sign that might use a program and this will further indicate them as future candidates.

Please support if you agree that the players' user name should become transparent when they change screens so the Operator can take this into consideration and make a decision rather or not a change will occur.

Thank you for your time.

→ŦĦẹ̣̄ Ņêẃ Мίķę←  
I have a really good suggestion. We need private games like that u can put a password on or can kick annoying people out of your game to make the atmosphere in the room more pleasant. We should have the option to kick out people that are rude, insulting and annoying.  
Agree with u Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the transparent name is a good idea kind of like on playok.com but the second idea  is bad because people will boot players for fun or nothing and abuse the feature and we will to miss out on matches between good players 
mike you were 1 of the biggest programmers ever!
I totally agree with you Mike, there are so many players who don't have a program sign but yet still use a program.
I think your way will improve the system and will be able to detect more program users out there.

Sincerely,

Ţhe Sōłđɨer

Hey ThUnDer. Since you have been a moderator for seven years do you believe that my suggestion would improve FlyOrDie? 
>Hey ThUnDer. Since you have been a moderator for seven years do you believe that my suggestion would improve FlyOrDie? 

Hi.  Your comment is not true.  I have been a moderator for only 9 months.  I have however been a member on FOD for 7 years.

>When one of the players wonders off from the screen, their name becomes transparent and when they return back, their name goes back to normal. The reasoning behind this is to decide if the person you are playing against might be using a program.

I, like probably 99% of players on FOD have iTunes, MSN, Facebook etc running in the background.  So if I "wonder" off to change a song on iTunes I don't want the system to pick up that I "might be using a program".  I'm not sure how the system detects possible cheats, but it is more involved then just clicking off screen.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Yes, I have all of those things that you listed as well. It is not a bad thing if your name becomes transparent as many of us like to "wonder" off. It is bad however if the persons' name becomes transparent every time before they make a move. This is how FlyOrDie's system detects programmers. Their are some people who program who do not have a program sign which is a big concern in my opinion. Most people who program know how to get around FlyOrDie's system by using a program when they get stuck and after they know how to win the game, they can go without the program to win the game. This does not apply in all board games, but it does in most of them. What I'm trying to get at, I would like to see for myself when playing another opponent if their names becomes transparent every time before they make a move, so I know if I am playing a real person or just a computer. 

I did not come to this website to play computers, I came to play with other people. This might be a broad statement, but I believe this is the truth.
>I have a really good suggestion. We need private games like that u can put a password on or can kick annoying people out of your game to make the atmosphere in the room more pleasant. We should have the option to kick out people that are rude, insulting and annoying.

You have the option "Mute" spectators which you should use if you want complete silence.  If people are "rude, insulting & annoying" you should be reporting this to the moderators to deal with.  A guideline on how to report people can be found on the 'Contact Us' section on FOD's main page.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator