« Back to All Topics
NEW FORUM UPDATE
NEW FORUM UPDATE
NEW FORUM UPDATE
I have noticed this morning a minor update of our forum here for our valued members to share their comments and views.

The details of the author are now displayed at the top of the message rather than the left hand side, it is somewhat a "minor update" but I would like too see more updates here, i.e

- User Avatar.
- A Flashing icon that displays whether a user is online or not.
- An option to be able to send users a direct message, (like an inbox).
- An option to default your text colour, font and size.

Just some suggestions, your comments, views and thoughts are always welcome and noted by our Moderators and Administrators to make "life" here more suitable and enjoyable for you.

Lewis
FlyOrDie Moderator
I dont like this update mainly because all replies are in one page now
I personally don't like having all the replies in one page either.  It's especially annoying when I can still change my forum settings to display 15, 30, 50, or 100 replies per page, but it doesn't affect anything.  Simply adding an "all" feature to that list and letting the user choose would be better.

I'd also like to take the time to point out my renewed annoyance at the need for mod approval of posts in the larkinor forum.  I know this has happened before and the players managed to get it removed.  There are a number of messages that are time-sensitve in larkinor: requests for needed items, help with invaders, and certain splat competitions to name a few, where waiting for a message to be approved can affect game play.  There hasn't been an abundance of spam on our forum to justify this, and I request that the need for approval be removed, or at the very least accept a regular larkinor player as a mod (I know at least three active larkinor players who have applied).
look in larquinor quest forum, 1000 replies in one page :^O
I second the two complaints:
1. All messages appear on a single page - have them at least sorted in the inverse order.
2. Larkinor forum does not need mod approvals. Having played for about 5 years now, I can hardly remember one or two occassions of inappropriate posts, and those were quickly singled out anyway. OR appoint a regular Larki player..

On a related matter: since you took time to implement 'minor' updates, is there a chance to document forum text codes for everyone to see, please? Not just those schlocky emoticons - everything that can be used. I noticed that at least some of them changed (monospaced font), not sure when it happened though.

Tx, EG
Besides, I personally like how posts are now rearranged by columns to see which post is a reply to which previous message :). It seems to me rather convenient that you don't have to switch pages while reading certain topic as well.
My vote goes for points that Lewis has suggested, 2nd point could be free choice of any user whether to have it or not (privacy).
Artik
I don't like this update. i was hoping for a update where u can put an avatar.. but ohh boy in this new minor update adding the feature of an avatar would be horrible cause the name , post count and registration date is all up & adding the avatar thing would make it look horrible.. :( 
i think everything should be put back as it was & a flashing icon that shows someone is online would be great like thunder said + the message thing is a great idea( i can contact some mods this way & hopefully get a reply ^_^ ) & the text color is a horrible idea. why? this forum is white & grey and then some user posts a thread with pink :O or blue or maybe mix them :( . that would simply make me lose interest in reading what the user has to write .... 

Fly <-> Or <-> Die 

-Shotgun :p
oh and i think this minor update is sending a message saying they won't enable the avatar thing cause its impossible now as they have changed the post count etc thingy on the top. 

I do not like the way a "replied" message is shown under that reply, it does not make for easy reading as it's not in date order anymore...

Please can this be changed :( ?

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Replying just to annoy you more :p

Good to see things changing after a number of stagnant years!
i would like to suggest an option for the user to erase,or remove any text they post whether in lobby chat or forum,as sometimes opinions and thoughts do change. and the single page postings ,,not a big fan of those im afraid..:( oh and.. how about for those who may argue about runners,flukers ect.a "DEATHMATCH" option where two ppl who agree play just one game and loser instantly loses connection for five minutes or ability to type? cool idea or what?:)