« Back to All Topics
Suggestions
Suggestions
Suggestions
This post is strictly for people to post their ideas
on that would help to improve the games. As there is
a lot of people that do have some great ideas on 
what they would like to see implemented into the games.

Please do not abuse this topic.

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderator)
i think in pool, we should have a choice of different cues to make game abit more interesting. maybe a different background. be able to copy and paste off chat board and maybe the choice of having voice chat but only as a choice.

for tanx maybe another 1 or 2 maps and again, choice of different types of tanx.

just a few ideas i thought would be ok

zippo
heya Mac   <waves>
good topic..
where do I start?  :p
ok..  first off..  and most important for me would be a division between ratings (rank in Tanx) and points aquired..  I feel .....as well as many of the old timers...  that we should have a rank that accumulates by day or visit..  in other words..  every time you log into the game it counts toward a rank..  some of us would be right up there by now....majors..  or captains...it would be easy to do...  I think..  and regarding points...   they should be awarded per battle session...  and accumulate that way..  totally seperate from whatever rank a player is..  personally..  points are not that important to me..  but a cool rank would be..  based on how long you have been visiting the game on one nick name...as I mentioned..  some of the old timers who have been at Tanx since the beginning would be fairly high in rank..  and therefore distinctive to any user who visits as so...
another suggestion I have would be personal inbox's for subscribers only...  that can be accessed from their player information page..for messages from other members..  something customizable even.. where one could hyperlink images in from a hoster to give your inbox a personalized appearance...  and a step further..  being able to use your own back ground on your player information page..    what do you think?
I welcome replys from members especially and from the FlyOrDie team..

be well,
GHOST RIDER MP 

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/ghostrider.txt
]
FlyOrDie I know this subject is going to come up more than once in this forum.

9ball "Cheat Break" A break where 9ball is sitting on edge of pocket and can be easily (spl) made in the first 2 shots of the game. The simple easy solution is to set up the break like in snooker (not being able to move white out of circle), where it is nearly impossible to win the game on the first 2 shots. 
i like the last point made by ghostrider, own inbox and personilized background sounds really good. and erm... fod are probably sortin 9 ball 'cheat break' out.
Well possibly everybdoy can have a rating in snooker cos there is a lot of non-subs that don't have a rating and r pretty good!!! 
no i dont agree with that coz some people who only play snooker wont suscribe and wots the point of fod makin that rule if its just a loss of money
Here is one more "IDEA"
FOD definately gotta try to make this game possible.
this would bring a lot more players. It would also encourage ppl to sub their name, (which is good money for FOD).  
The game is suppose to be played with three players.
Player 1 gets balls 1-5 Player 2 gets balls 6-10 and Player 3 gets 11-15. 
Now player 1 has to pot balls 6-15 and protect his balls which are 1-5 and so must do the others. 
If balls 1-5 are all poted in player 1 loses and gets out of the game and the game continues with the other two players or viseverse. 
I know it is possible to make the games like this so you can have one more game and not only 8 - 9 and snooker. 
It would be more fun.
Also try to give more privileges to subbed players. just a brb and do not disturb button is not that great... like other ppl said changing the background, diff sounds, changing the color of your table also...etc  
If FOD has good programmers they should be able to do this. 

TY 
Joel .....X.....
:D;)
and the "best idea yet" award goes to Mr. El.Mexicano :), those are some good ideas bud, i also think we should have 4 players games, like partners, that would also be cool to do, or str8 pool. 
Ty Fine ....
hehehe i've been called Mr. even tho i am 19 :D hehehe
.....X..... B-)
The Suggestions received so far are very good, 
A couple of ideas i have been working on are:

*Instead of the mute guests button, it be transformed
to a "league" tournament button, as like the one they have for system tournament schedules. Where the TD's make a tournament, and it shows the start time, link for that tournament and league, and what room etc. This would also eliminate the need to advertise in any rooms, except where the tournaments are taking place.

*Another idea was that in tanx, as the max players in a game is six, so maybe have 6 different design tanks, and each player then selects one tank.

*It would also be good if a "jukebox" type setup, could be adapted to the download versions, and have a variety of music to select from, (which could be uploaded by players, subject to editing of course ;-) ).

Keep up the great work with the ideas, 

Macca36(FlyOrDie Moderator)

Take it nobody liked my idea then :( is there like ne chance that on the info for non-subs even tho nothing comes up.. they cud show all the other names that user has! 
Can you please sort the glitches and freezing out in snooker sometimes can give the game away and its not very nice to see it happened:p
It would be an improvement, if there were top-right and top-left, as well as bottom right and bottom left spin. More choices in English is the only thing missing
that 3 player game wudnt be that good i dont reckon coz it wud be harsh coz 2 m8s cud just team up on 1 guy and just play each other

make snooker table bigger 

8 ball and 9 ball break this balls open more we dont wanna smack into the pack 3 or 4 times and there all stuck 2gether like glue try n get a few balls maybe past the middle pocket near the d

maybe a top break page on names or summet so no 1 has to take ss all the time

i and 1 more idea

Get Rid of my deremit on mossy is god name its annoying 

7 month is a bit harsh tbh
How about you tank has your own nation's flag?
>>>
great post!! i have been waiting for this..i sent in a post ages ago about *New fonts in games* ok most people agreed with my idea..what i think would be good is..well if we could select a font but not change the colour obviosly because of moderators..it would just be cool if we could choose a font and have it in bold or regular or italic or wateva but just in white..please fod look into this

Thanks ;)
Or even better, a custom flag :D
yes El Mexicano i also like that game. It is called "Cut throat" and if you go to www.pogo.com and into 'Hammerhead pool' you get a perfect example of this game. Its fun!
Suberkid this is a forum about FlyOrDies's games not other sites.
Well the thing about a flag...They probably wouldn't make a Confederate battle flag for my tank...:(
>>>
I have been waiting for this..i sent in a post ages ago about *New fonts in games* ok most people agreed with my idea..what i think would be good is..well if we could select a font but not change the colour obviosly because of moderators..it would just be cool if we could choose a font and have it in bold or regular or italic or wateva but just in white..please fod look into this

Please!! i know i have already posted this would u please look into it i think it would be great!
Thanks
Macca,
The one thing i dont not like about pool, is the fact that my points lower every day :( i go on holidays quite often and i lose an awful lot of points while im gone!

Thanks for reading this,

superkid316
u lose 1 a day stop making excuses.

>Overall ratings are decreased each day by an amount >depending on the current rating.
>The following formula is used:
>Rn = ( Ro * Ro ) / 125000 
>Rn is the new rating. 
>Ro the old (previous day) rating. 

Rating Amount subtracted

>below 500..1 
>600........2 
>800........5 
>1000.......8 
>1500.......18 
>2000.......32 

>So players with higher rating will see their rating decrease quicker. 
>A 500 rating will reach zero in approximately 1.5 years without playing. 
BIGGER TABLES SMALLER BALLS!
i think this is a great idea
like in leagues when ur winnin u get ur record as +1 and onwards why dont u have this in ur info? any1 agree :D
Hi Macca, a lot of people complain about the so called 'Cheat Breaks', I think 1 way to stop this would be to make a foul shot when someone hits a cushion before the pack, like in any 'normal' 8, 9 or snooker game.

OK in 9ball it is possible to get the 9 over a pocket without hitting a cushion first.......but then this isn't an easy shot and so gl to anyone who tries it.

Also side spin would be very nice and much more realistic but I don't know how much programming this would take, if it is possible please try.

'Mute Guest' is a waste of time since they can't chat anyway.....use this button for something else.

ж2σξзж 
Yes, some very interesting ideas there 2of3. I would most definitely agree with the no hitting cushion on 9-ball break and only 9-ball. It isn't as if u can put the 8-ball over the pocket and pot that and win off a break in 8-ball, is it?

Yes...the "mute guest" button isn't necessary, why have it? get rid of it. Make something better. 

I haven't read all the posts in this topic so if im repeating something someone else has said my apologies. Well...first off there should be some customised tables...different colour cloths and a variety of cues. On some occasions i like an audience of my friends, but sometimes the room fills up with a load of people that are...should we say are "un-wanted" in the room, maybe when someone wants to watch your game an alert should come up and u can either accept them or decline them. This wouldn't be for all the rooms i shouldn't expect, also maybe when u challenge someone and they accept you both have to choose say a "public table" a "locked table" or an "invite only table" My thoughts on this are very positive and i should think many people would agree with some of my ideas...well thats alls i gota say.

The Master. A friend to all :p

HI I`V READ ALL THROUGH THESE AND HIZ ZIPPO :) LOL 1ST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY SOME VERY GOOD IDEAS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS GAME "CUT THROAT" AS I HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT AND IT SOUNDS QUITE GOOD 

I DEFINATLY AGREE WITH THE MUTE GUESTS BUTTON AS WHAT IS THE POINT IN IT SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN???????

ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY CANT EVEN TYPE ANYWAYZ.

THE CHEAT BREAK IN 9 BALL SIMPLE SOLUTION 1 OF 2 EITHER RESTRICT BREAK TO THE D HOW EVER THIS WILL LEAVE THE 2-9 BREAK WHICH I CONSIDER A CHEAT BREAK WAY TO SORT THIS ONE IS IF THE GAME ENDS BEFOR BOTH PLAYERS HAVE HAD AT LEAST 1 SHOT NO CHANGE TO THEIR POINTS :)

I ALSO THINK FOD SHOULD MAKE AN EXTRA ROOM IN EACH 8 BALL 9 BALL AND SNOOKER JUST FOR THE LEAGUES DOING THIS AND HAVEING THE ROOMS AS INVITE ONLY WHICH YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO INVITE ANY 1 FROM ANY ROOM THIS WAY THE LEAGUES CAN DO MEETINGS WITHOUT BEING DISTURBED.

I ALSO THINK FOD SHUD CRACK DOWN ON SECURITY FOR THIS SITE MY NAME P_ED1 HAS BEEN HACKED AND INTRUDED ON SO MANY TIMES WHICH IS PROOF THAT IT MUST BE SIMPLE AND EVERYTIME THIS HAS HAPPEND I HAVE ENDED UP BEING BANNED FOR SUM TIME AND THE LATEST 1 BANND AND DEMERIT FOR A WHILE IS JUST A LITTLE BIT OVER STEPPING THE MARK FOD SHOULD LOOK IN TO THESE THINGS BEFOR TAKEING ACTION!!! AND I THINK MANY PEOPLE WILL AGREE.

THE CHANGEING OF THE TABLE CLOTHS, CUE STICKS, BACKGROUNDS AND FONTS ALSO ARE SUM OTHER GOOD IDEAS I KNOW I`M GOING ON BUT I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON FOD FOR JUST OVER 6 MONTHS AND THERE IS A LOT OF STUFF WHICH CAN BE CHANGED AND MADE BETTER 

PLZ SEND SUM FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS ESPECIALLY ON THE SECURITY SIDE

TY P_ED1
Well being a snooker man i think side spin would be great if you could make this possible, and maybe where you keep track of the top ranked players maybe keep records of the top breaks.

Thanks, 
Tony

They do keep track of the top players. Go to main page. Above the bilards games theres quick links theres 3 links that look like 3 boxez=s the 3rd link in the row is for snooker.

bigger snooker table

different colour tables ie blue table for 8 ball

return to the days when it was all FREE

more rooms

more ppl 2 watch matches

the ability to curse!!!
i like The Master's idea on havin a locked room or yea like u can choose who comes into ur room, by both players decision, and also if u allow sum1 in but they start to cause trouble, b able to kick em out ur room by both players consent too.
it'd b cool too if it was free like it used to b like Kastro sed.
hey macca, this is what i think. there should be more places for a subscriber to play in tanx. yes the desert, snow, classic, and mars is kool, but make some new ones, like at knight or jungle or something. i think thatd be kool
Cobs
Şŋΐρέ if you would of actually read my post carefully you would understand, i said "where you keep track of top ranked players" then maybe keep top breaks with them.

Thanks,
Tony ;)

Hey,
I hope FlyOrDie reads this, there are some great suggestions...

suit u sir

General and Tactical Commander of the Rapid Response Force
no 1 has replyed to what i said i really want to know what u ppl finkkkkkkk
They should make the cue ball so u can have side spin aswell.

make the snooker table bigger because pool tables and snooker tables are not the same size lol.

have spots on the table for colour balls..

make it a handicap where if your cue ball is on the rail or cushen u cant get bottom spin ( like a real game) so u have to sort of raise the butt of the cue

make the D wider in snooker the yellow green and brown are way 2 close.u should be able to fit the cue ball through it twice its size..

custom cues..

a voice activated feature so u can chat to the person your playing..

lock room feature when u want some peace and quiet, so u dont get anyone watching..

a buzzer or some sort of sound when theres 10 sec's left from being timed out...

thats all for now ...

Mr. bishi did this post once, it got like 300 replies, FOD did absolutely nothing. Whats the point ? The main 4 reasonable things people want is : Side spin, bigger snooker tables, stop cheat breaks, break list. My personal favourite : all players are reset points and game tally and then everyone start fresh, coz about 90 % of high pointers got them before new system was introduced.
If they got the points befor the new rating system and they stink they would have lost them all by now. Restarting would do nothing.
Agreed with Don, all them suggetions and nothing done. Ah, all fun after all!

Bigger snooker table,
stricter bannings,
an option to appeal against your ban,
a blue 9-ball table,
yellow writing for subscribers,
personalised player info's,
side spin,
better break-offs,
24 guaranteed replys from a member of the FOD support team!

That is all, good day!
YEH, THEY NEED TO SORT ALOT OUT, FOD HASNT UPDATED NE FING FOR AGES!!!!!!!!!!!
Macca, when i am taking certain shots during my game, i need to use sidespin to get onot the next ball. As this isnt usable, i cannot get onto the next ball. so my idea is that we can use sidespin (left and right) as well as top and backspin

superkid316
i know everything fod is doing!!!!
 i aint gona tell ya like u`l have to pay me!!! hehehehehe

but belive me you aint getting ignord on this forum :)
also i think FOD should add a section where you can see if your friends are online, that way i wouldnt have to search EVERY room looking for people. This would make life much much easier. thanks ;)

gg ty
We know we're not getting ignored because I am still getting bans for what I say on this dámn thing! 

READ THE GOOD BITS FOD, NOT MY SWEARING!
 :(
lmao tazz

be quiet about sidespin i`ll let u in on 1 thing its on its way we`ll have it soon :)

WOW. This is an old post, and after reading
  through it, seems that some of the ideas 
  did actually get implemented. A lot of people 
  had some good ideas then. Would like to see 
  what other ideas can be suggested now. 

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderator)
hey macca :D i think we shud have to call our shots.. then all the people that whine about fluking will have nothing to say and will prob save a few demerit points:D
a great idea would be that you could only challenge people that were in 100 points of you and you could only get challenged by people who are within 100 points of you. i get tired of low people challengin me who arent gonna give me any points:p just an idea
a great idea would be putting in some jets and ships so we could shoot at them too.
Wow, I think Euan perdicted the future here:

"Bigger snooker table,
stricter bannings,
an option to appeal against your ban,
a blue 9-ball table,
yellow writing for subscribers,
personalised player info's,
side spin,
better break-offs,
24 guaranteed replys from a member of the FOD support team!"

Nick
Snooker Suggestion

i hate wen ppl leave wen ur on a break and leading on2 a centry
fod should create something where u shouldnt be able to leave if ur ging to lobby and play some 1 else.
and if the person really needs to go the person on the break should press some button to allow the player to leave and concede
doont u think this is a gd suggestion??
I think a good one would be, when someone fouls that you can actually lift the white up above the table cos sometimes you can't get the white out and it would be good if you could lift it off table. to get it out the bundle of balls.

LIVE
STRONG
Another one I think would be alright is, At the start of the game I hate it when your opponent says, 'BO3' and they lose one, and then run. And I think FOD should make it so, if you click the button for bo3, or whatever, that should be how many games your there for,.

LIVE
STRONG
I agree with both of LIVESTRONG's suggestions. The lift ball option would also help in a scenario where there is a ball that is impossible to hit without fouling. You just getinto an endless tapping match on the ball before. The Bo3 button I think is also needed. If a player leaves before the bo3 is completed it should go down as a 2-0 loss.
Yes because it isnt fair they have fouled and it is impossible not for you to foul.
I think guests should be allowed to unmute demerited players

Nick
i think flyordie should take smackamcracka's idea into account its a good one...shud get option of bo3 wen u start if ne1 leaves before that they lose points for the games.
Im all for the bo3 button, if it can be implemented into our  
games. This might even deter the higher rated players from challenging and , in my case , running after one game. Who knows :^O the lower rating player might even fluke his next two games, thus, achieveing poetic justice. :p I think its a smashin idea.

:D     Rab      :D
i think the that if someone with 0 rating kills someone with 600 rating they should get more points than if they killed someone with 20 rating
They do get more points Crater.

Snipe
 :)

PS I'd like to see myleague and FlyOrDie hook up and FlyOrDie have an offical MyLeague league.
Really like snipes idea and it shud be implemented
i think that an update in the forum is necessary.
several topics have been made but nothin was ever done,lets hope the admin takes this into account:)
Take a look at Joel`s own background he`s made, everyone loves it and I think it would be great for the pc game. Just an idea

LIVE
STRONGB-)
I dont think subscribers get their moneys worth, plz give subscribers more stuff.

Nick
Well to be honest, what actual advantages do subscribers have over non subscribers? .................................................................................................
macca id like to see mods get power of invisibilty to get shot of the bad apples on this site.
PC VERSION!!!! thats what they get :| i just lost my star :( and am lost without pc version ... plus when u get attacked by challenges one after the other like 2000 times in a row ... and sooo quick u cant mute em... you can put the busy thing on :)... thats and advantage worth paying for.. i miss my star :(
My suggestion to all... (this can work for subs & non-subs)

Have Fly or Die have a 
Friends Page
... where you enter a friends nick & they will tell you if they are playing, in what room they are in or if they are not playing.  Instead of ppl asking "Has anyone seen so & so?" when they come into the rooms.

Sandy:D
I believe a good feature in pool could be that when accessing opponents records,  an indication of what the highest level they have achieved so far would be included. It only states what their current rating is which does not often indicate their level of ability. A great site though. Very happy with the concept.
Cheers Zaphod99
I agree with zaphod...also on top of this i think highest break achieve should be implemented...i know unfortunately there isn't a way to get everybody's highest break so it'll all be from scratch...but ow well...other stats can be shown also dunno which but you can work that out suggestion people
Fine Aim

¿ Can we get the fine aim to move with the cue stick ?

When regualr aim jumps and angle so you can't pot the ball you must use fine aim. 

Unless there's a trick, I can't see when the stick isn't aimed in the center.

Does anyone understand what I mean ? :p I can't see another way to word it :(
Fine aim is rubbish, I never use it. What does it do? Nothing.
It moves the cue stick only a little bit. 

There's a bug (probably intentional) in FlyOrDie where the cue stick jumps an entire angle just so you can't pot the ball ..
maaybe ...  DONT BE SO CRUEL TO THE PPL THT DONT SUBSCRIBE... I MEAN C'MON   justbecause we dont wannaput money on this site because u can play it for free as it is ... why not give us the equal rights to  .... have the busy sign.....  ppl like me need it!!! HELLO!!!! THIS IS CRUELTY!!! i mean c'mon its only a bloody tiny star next to the name. THINK PPL 
THINK!
Are you a Zombie! Or are you blonde? If you had the same things as us, what would the use be in us subscribing, it would waste our money. People are saying the opposite to you and saying subscribers should have MORE advantages. not the same as you Jeeeez

Regards
[img=
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/images1000/live.gif
]
i agree with caption,fine aim  is absoloutely needed,especially in the high rannks livestrong:)(dont know how u manage to be (7) without fine aim honestly m8:))(<---there was no offence there,dont take it as such:))

caption,i didnt understand what u were trying to say in ur first post soz:p
i think non-subs should be seen in the top 20 players list because how can it be called the "Top 20" if some of the real top 20 are not subbed and so not there. 
i use fine aim in every game i play..when im not sure of the shot fine aim makes sure ;) just use it a little bit though like a few touches to left or to the right whichever way you need...it is useful when you get used to it.
I have never used fine aim...and have been high ratings...so billiardsman...you can get high without it just puts me off tbh

I agree with almost everything caption said...site has gone beyond a game of 'fun' it's now become a competition...to see who can get that illustrious crown. When in fact it means nothing..it doesn't improve your life or your social stature...you just get a cheap looking crown next to your name...with a spelling of Rulez! All those people complaining...just shut up for a bit a sit back and look at flyordie...it's given loads for the people who play on here and is well maintained...not all the appointments of moderators have been especially good...and many know that...but flyordie has tried it's best..and if you can't accept that...just leave the site and make it better for the rest of us

lol Respect Casper said that :p

I'm just agreeing with him :)
i think they should make an uncencored room so people that swear or have terrets syndrome can go there and say anything they want to who ever & they should also let temporeally banned people in there(but dont let them change there rating points).
Seem's pretty pointless to me whiteghost
Lets See
Here's my billiards suggestions

1. Private games always nice
2. Personalized Away messages (as stated by THE WIZARD)
3. Having to call pockets rooms in 8 and in 9 for the 9ball (probally a little tough to do)
4. Buddy lists
5. Stat search (such as search last 50 games played against (insert name)...win percentage along witht he ratio which confueses me lol
6. A mute guest button for when in a game (JUST JOKING)
7. A mark by ppl's names who have been on flyodie 3+ years.

This all little stuff but I thyink would be nice
So far the games themsleves are pretty realistic:)

Pool Master Duck
how would the name pocket thing work? what if  you missed the pocket you named then potted the 8 in another pocket. i know it would be the other persons go but how would they take it? i asume the 8 would  be relocated to its starting possition but would the player be able to move? because i find that a bit harsh. 

however if they couldnt move then if a player had no easy shot on they could name a pocket then deliberatly try and pot it in ANOTHER pocket (by fluke or whatever) so the other person would have a hard pot. 

please enlighten me im not too familiar with how this rule works:p
if u call a pocket and the (8) goes into another,then u lose the game.
thats only 4 the (8),if it happens with another ball u dont lose,u just dont continue playing and its the others persons turn.

PS:thats the official rule,and not some rule used in pubs.
2 Suggestions.
1. When you mark a person as a "buddy" the text from that person turns to yellow, which is the same as a moderator.
I think changing this to a red for eg 
would be an easy step closer to that perfect game.

2.A Subscribers only room.
(pool, snook) I feel players DO NOT need sixty seconds to shoot. CUT the time down to 30 seconds.

Also get rid of the time outs. 

There is nothing more annoying in this game then waiting 59 seconds a turn for someone to shoot. It is also annoying having to wait for people to time out if they have left for whatever reason. Some people even wait 50 second shoots, then shoot without even aiming, then time out, then wait fifty nine seconds, then shoot without aiming, then time out...and do that till they time out or drive the other person crazy they leave the game.

If something comes up during the middle of game, the person should have the decency to leave the game, but they don't. They just leave you hanging.

Getting rid of the time outs and cutting down the shooting time will make the game smoother. 

And hey, if someone has something else to do, that is there problem. They shouldnt accept a game if they can't play. 
why are you guys bringing up 1 1/2 year old posts?
Because people STILL read them...you are evidence to that.
I would like a feature that allows you to see players info even if they are not in the room.

(e.g. you type 
/info "Jamez™"
 as that is the code that is used for seeing players info)

I would also like links on players info to see their other games information (I know you can tweak the URL to get it, but it's just hassle).

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
good idea jamez...i know that if you type /clear in the games then all the writing disappears so they could do that but itd probably be hard work but im sure flyordie could do it ! 

does anyone know any other codes that can be typed into the flyordie games ? maybe /path :p
/msg
/mute
/challenge
/info
/clear

They're all the ones I know.

[img=
]
Just found a few more... :D

/help
/unmute
/version
/exit

[img=
]
well if anyone nows how to retreave a pass and wen i emailed flyordie will they email me back cause my name is ghost killer1 so if a mod can get my pass somehow that would be very helpful case my ghost killer1 acount is a army member and its a 300. if u track the pass anyone email mme at ghost3602@hotmail.com or my new name for tanx ghost killer 1 see u guys:`( and i was not banned and my other acount is NBK_GHOSTKILLA and dat ghost and †NBK_ƒ°®©e† see you:`(
i have a suggestion...i started playing here 3 or 4 years ago when you could actually get a decent rating and the rating system actually made sense before they started taking your points away...i think you should go back to the old way where you didn't take any points away because most people actually did earn them...i should know, i was the top player here in 8 ball 3 or so years ago and i went in everyday and played...if you want to keep taking points away then do it to the ones who haven't subscribed and let the ones who have subscribed keep there rating...they're paying for the crap atleast let them keep what they earned...it's like going to a candy store and getting candy and then saying...everyday no matter how much you eat, if there's any left we're going to take some back...you paid for it...it's yours...but do whatever...not like you FOD people listen to me neway...peace
To Mystikal:

Candy is unlimited to a child. Here at FlyOrDie, points are not. What would be the purpose of not taking points away? This is to prevent the #1 ranked (since only subscribed players can be in the toplist) from getting an extremely high rating and sitting on it for months while others try  to take it from him. I like the rating system.
FOD to make an official "myleague" type league for users of FOD. To be ran by trusted users, not quite moderators but TD's who only had power to remove players from a tournament and then pass on any bad actions from users to moderators who could deal with it later. OBVIOUSLY, this is only for subscribers ( a) to give them more priveleges and b) to keep out the riff raff ). It's been proven leagues are popular and people are willing to contribute. 
If I didn't read it I wouldn't have had a reason to reply.

Bye, have fun at Yahoo.
Calling pockets isnt a rule. Lets not try and change the rules of a game.
I propose an idea..................
An all round pc version that allows you to access multiple games on the front screen....
Billiards, Tanx, checkers, chess etc not all of them but the major ones. This would be cool? no?

Hardy
it would be over 20 megabytes ty
20mb is relatively small though....

I'd certainly like it but not being subbed I wouldn't benefit :(
My suggestion is that .. there should be a window are a pannel during game play on table which show us  main lobby users :)
couple of 8ball ideas.1 uk rules and australian pub rules as an option or a seperate room for each and different coloured balls like just red and yellow and the black for uk rules.

2.a supernintendo multiplayer lemmings game.you might need to  get the copyright and the licenses but i think this is a great idea.

3.jukebox where you add your own personal songs other wise an mp3 player can cause your computer to lag.

4.battle chess game where instead of taking the pieces you fight for the piece.

5.Faster loading times not everyone has cable or broadband
i think more games should be introduced .eg : killer, u have 3 lives each and when u miss u lose a life. till all 3 are lost :D and a doubles room ! thtd be class :D
maybe gold writing for crowns:p
how about emotions on introduction for subcribers:p

add a battle chess game where you kill each other or bash each other to take there piece.there were a few of them around on the old amiga 500
i mayself has thought of a new cue stick for better players. but i dunno if my comments matter so bye :)
how about a think that keeps track of all the players that u played
CHANGE   SNOOKER   LITE   BK    TO  NORMAL

TY

[Edited by: Mervin on Sep 30, 2005 1:51 PM]
:O Agreed. catchin on ty.

Agreed.
im glad tht u "Agree" with me :)

CHANGE IT BK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you should be able to personalise your pool cue :)
good idea
i would like it if i can get it the room even if there was more then 120 people......and like personialize your own table and Cue and Pool Stick and be able to like make your name Glow if your have a certent rating or rank..
like your name be Black be glowing the color of the ball color you have in that pool game!!! it would be Tight!!

RªAPÝß B-)

i got 1 good idea for 3D Billiards with some ppl it wont open it loads then closes to fix this problem its happining to me and i cant use 3D Billiards becoz of this problem so my idea is to make 3d billiards playable for all subscribers it will help fod keep more subscribers
i would like to see a rule in 9ball where the 9ball has to go last or it is a foul .. it would bring more players who dont like 9ball on here as it is and it would be more about skill then luck unlike now.
I totally agree with what green said.

I gave the idea of the coulourd text for subscribers a while back i can still remember sitting there with a FOD screenshot editing it all then sending it to streamline :)

i think this ideas just as good.

the way i see if FOD is good just a few little changes that need to be made.

Also i think u should update the swear filter with known bypasses with being a raging lunetic my self i could giv u lots of bypasses if u like lol. ( However i dont use them on FOD banns suck :( )
do the ppl at flyordie actually read this.i say upgrade the sound effects and add a jukebox feature to 8ball.my discman is always running out of batterys and ive only got 96mb ram so realplayer makes my computer lag.
What about new security rules cause the mute button dont work WHAT DOES IT DO????
So how about having a button which changes a persons name red as well as a mute button this means that they should be watched by moderators then if they get there name reddened again there name changes a different colour then if they get it done again they r muted 4 a week and etc this would be good cause we will know who to avoid to play and give the moderators a easy job also there should be a FOD Moderator room where u can plea ur case if u have been put red out of spite cause that won't be fair i think this would solve the mute button problem p.s I think TANX is good but why dont u change it to the WAR GAMEZ so u can command ur own AIRCRAFT,SUBMARINE and other battle machines I think this would be a gr8 idea ;) 
SOME OV THESE IDEAS R GREAT KEEP IT UP PEOPLE
Hi.

I came to this forum with a suggestion, and was looking for a place to put it... I found this topic, but by the time I've read through it all, I've forgotten what I was going to suggest!  

I'll call back later if I remember it!

howartp.
i think u should create more tanks in the game tanx and make more backgronds and places

just a few suggestions
The name of the game with 3 players is called cut-throat. I've played this game many times with friends. It's a very fun billiard game. I vote for this one.

Another good idea is to be able to "lock the door" during a game to keep these trouble makers and haters out. Also a boot feature to be able to eject sour spectators out of the game you are playing.
moderator pay attention to this there are some good ideas here.ive notice  moderators dont even reply to this and probably havnt even bothered reading it. 
Moderators don't make changes to the game, it doesn't matter if they read this or not.
I Got a demerit point last night and was wondering why i got it, and what it is. ?? And when does it go, Is it good or bad. 
Hi, extremely old topic I know. But I just had a really good idea. Y'know when you are on msn or whatever and just stay in the lobby for a while but are not clickd on it? Well I do that quite a bit and whenever i click back on the lobby there's always all that blue writing on the left that says:
Incoming challenge request from _____
Challenge request cancelled from _____

Well I think to stop this happening the box-thing at the bottom sould flash orange(like on msn) to show someone is challeging you.
GIVE US THE POSSIBILITY TO PLAY THE OLD VERSION OF SNOOKER LIGHT
i agree they should make teams option in all games ive played this way else were its so popular ev1 loves it
Card Games!!

Like Hearts and Poker (with no really money).
Hi everyone. This is Rey. Actually i can't suggest about this topic or games, because i have no idea or knowledge about the games. But i can say one thing that all of the suggestions are so nice.

Thankyou