Forums » Four in a Row
the best 10 players of c4
Replies: 60   Pages: 5   Most recent reply posted by: 《.¢ℓαяк кєหŦ.》 (Apr 23, 2019 2:10 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 60   Pages: 5   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 » ]
SèþħįŕƟƭϦ

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 10, 2018 8:06 AM
Top 10 Connect 4 players that I have ever had the honor to play against or seen play in action:

1. ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥
Was a phenomenal player in both 7x6 and many other board sizes, such as 8x8, 9x9 etc. Played all sorts of variations such as 417, 116, 1337, and had a very strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning that he could play well regardless of the board size and adapt very well. I consider myself lucky to only beat him once and achieved a draw against him in 8x8 while losing all the rest against him, and a draw against him in 9x9 once in a tournament. Overall certainly the strongest player I have ever played against in person.

2. Fouracle
Also a very strong player not just in 7x6 but also 8x8 and 9x9 like ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥. Technically he would a contender for the best player that I have ever played against, but 1st and 2nd place on this place are interchangeable. I have never defeated him in 8x8 or 9x9, while in 7x6 he again has a strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning he can play well just from about any position.

3. cymantex
One of the most influential connect 4 players from way back during the late 2000s and was still semi-active in the early 2010s, was one of the inventors and leading theorists of several crazy connect 4 positions that I honestly have forgotten, but once in a game a long time ago, when I was playing as a guest against another good player and played crazy positions, people were calling me "cymantex". It was quite the compliment actually, and speaks as to how great this guy was.

4. golbez
A very active player in the early 2010s, was pretty much perfect in 7x6, and invented a position that I'd never seen before. He was rather slow in his moves and took a lot of time to think sometimes, but was nigh unbreakable at his height even in hard positions; he'd always find the right move, a strong intuition so to speak of the game.

5. Ferite
Another very strong 7x6 player, I would place him below golbez though as he did, very occasionally get broken in tough positions, but still the two are fairly close in skill.

6. Suffix
Was another great 7x6 player, usually played 417 against him but he was also great playing other positions as well. Was at first quite breakable in positions like 417, but gradually became near perfect and played a lot of anti-breaks, which he was pretty good at.

7. Sweet Candy
Also was an active player for a short time in the early 2010s, was the strongest female player that I had ever played, was also one of my mentors who helped hone my skill in the game by constantly breaking me and forcing me to understand the game instead of memorizing it lol. Unfortunately disappeared after a month or two of playing and never appeared again.

8. dreddz
Another awesome player, was very well known for his/her anti-breaks, used to play anti-breaks all the time and was a very fun player to watch play.

9. relfson
Was another good player who played the game for a very long time. Played many different variations, was breakable since he didn't play too often but also had a good understanding of the game. A solid player.

10. jer0me
I've only seen this guy played one time back in probably 2010 or 2011, but he played extremely well, or at least it impressed me, I think he played as red, 43771, and later in the game, when his opponent asked why he made a move that seemed weird at first but turned out to be winning, he simply replied that "it's because I'm not you", or something along the lines of that.

ThUnDeR

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 10, 2018 12:54 PM
Some great names there SèþħįŕƟƭϦ. I remember all of them.

DeadPooL

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 11, 2018 4:16 PM
SèþħįŕƟƭϦ your list is nice but ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ was a point banker he point banked to 985 points he's a former cheater.

cσευя αηgε

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 13, 2018 11:02 PM
Bonjour à tous

Pour moi Il y a plusieurs bons joueurs après il est difficile de dire qui est meilleur que l'autre.

Pour moi un très bon joueur doit :
- Etre rapide (sur les styles basiques)
- Etre fair-play (nombre de partie paire)
- Gagner à 100% sur les styles faciles
- Savoir joueur plusieurs variante comme 417, 116...
- Savoir break
- Savoir anticiper
- Aimer jouer de nouveau style...

Voici une liste mélangé de certains bons et très bons joueurs que j'ai croisé depuis plus de 10 ans... (j'ai du en oublier pas mal...) Certains pseudo vous rappellerons peut-être de bons souvenirs.

Qui joue en 8x8, 9x9 ou 10x10?

Qui joue en 417, 116...?

TRADUCTION :

Hello everyone

For me There are many good players after it is difficult to say who is better than the other.

For me a very good player must:
- Be fast (on basic styles)
- Fair play (number of even games)
- Earn 100% on easy styles
- Know player several variant like 417, 116 ...
- Know break
- Know how to anticipate
- Like to play new style ...

Here is a mixed list of some good and very good players that I met for over 10 years ... (I had to forget a lot ...) Some nicks may remind you of good memories.

dreddz
relfson
golbez
muggaz
jeje7
sephiroth
cymantex
sirius
fouracle
ferite
LAMIA
jeepee0407
oewan
bandicoot
Kimberly
Angelica
soccer22
dump
suprafix
fstal86
reiki
eliten
bradspelaren
nameless
Parasita
edgemaster
the blue devil
o O loil
Dumpfbacke
Ob8
Divine Knight
God has Given
suffix
Divine Knight
stefan
qwer
OwNeD
celestial knight
ice dragon
the learner
mason

Sephiroth, what is your nickname on Littlegolem?

Who plays in 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10?

Who plays in 417, 116 ...?

SèþħįŕƟƭϦ

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 17, 2018 7:13 PM
Hi cσευя αηgε,

My former username on littlegolem was Absolute_Zero, that was the one I played the most often on, though I had an older account as well which I haven't used in years, though I did play you some games on it too. Actually, I haven't played on littlegolem for a long time now, think I got too busy with life and just called it quits. Good to see that you're still alive and kicking. Your games with Fouracle were always fun to watch

snail1

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 18, 2018 10:18 AM
Top 10 Connect 4 players that I have ever had the honor to play against or seen play in action:

1. Deadly Silence(Bloodmate)
Was a phenomenal player in both 7x6 and many other board sizes, such as 8x8, 9x9 etc. Played all sorts of variations such as 417, 116, 1337, and had a very strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning that he could play well regardless of the board size and adapt very well. I consider myself lucky to only beat him once and achieved a draw against him in 8x8 while losing all the rest against him, and a draw against him in 9x9 once in a tournament. Overall certainly the strongest player I have ever played against in person. Most people referred tl him as the god of four in a row.

2. Gods Give
Also a very strong player not just in 7x6 but also 8x8 and 9x9 like Deadly Silence.Technically he would be a contender for the best player that I have ever played against, but 1st and 2nd place on this place are interchangeable. I have never defeated him in 8x8 or 9x9, while in 7x6 he again has a strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning he can play well just from about any position.

3. casey jade
One of the most influential connect 4 players from way back during the late 2000s and was still semi-active in the early 2010s, was one of the inventors and leading theorists of several crazy connect 4 positions that I honestly have forgotten, but once in a game a long time ago, when I was playing as a guest against another good player and played crazy positions, people were calling me "casey jade". It was quite the compliment actually, and speaks as to how great this guy was.

4. fstal
A very active player in the early 2010s, was pretty much perfect in 7x6, and invented a position that I'd never seen before. He was rather slow in his moves and took a lot of time to think sometimes, but was nigh unbreakable at his height even in hard positions; he'd always find the right move, a strong intuition so to speak of the game.

5. callum
Another very strong 7x6 player, I would place him below golbez though as he did, very occasionally get broken in tough positions, but still the two are fairly close in skill.

6. Brooklyn
Was another great 7x6 player, usually played 417 against him but he was also great playing other positions as well. Was at first quite breakable in positions like 417, but gradually became near perfect and played a lot of anti-breaks, which he was pretty good at.

7. KUKKUK
Also was an active player for a short time in the early 2010s, was the strongest female player that I had ever played, was also one of my mentors who helped hone my skill in the game by constantly breaking me and forcing me to understand the game instead of memorizing it lol. Unfortunately disappeared after a month or two of playing and never appeared again.

8. God has Given
Another awesome player, was very well known for his/her anti-breaks, used to play anti-breaks all the time and was a very fun player to watch play.

9. oewan
Was another good player who played the game for a very long time. Played many different variations, was breakable since he didn't play too often but also had a good understanding of the game. A solid player.

10. eliten
I've only seen this guy play one time back in probably 2010 or 2011, but he played extremely well, or at least it impressed me, I think he played as red, 43771, and later in the game, when his opponent asked why he made a move that seemed weird at first but turned out to be winning, he simply replied that "it's because I'm not you", or something along the lines of that.

cσευя αηgε

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 19, 2018 11:52 PM
Bonjour Sephiroth,

Oh! Je me souviens de ton pseudo Absolute_Zero sur LittleGolem. Je joue toujours sur LittleGolem et de temps en temps sur Flyordie quand j'ai le temps (même si malheureusement il n'y a plus de niveau...) J'essaie de trouvé des "breaks"en 9x9 et 10x10. Si un jour tu veux rejouer... Ne jamais partir sur un échec ( plaisanterie ) Cela fait plaisir de jouer des bons joueurs et de voir aussi des anciens joueurs. J'aimais bien jouer contre Fouracle...

TRADUCTION

Hello Sephiroth,

Oh! I remember your nickname Absolute_Zero on LittleGolem. I always play on LittleGolem and from time to time on Flyordie when I have time (even if unfortunately there is more level ...) I try to find "breaks" in 9x9 and 10x10. If one day you want to replay ... Never leave on a failure (joke: p) It's nice to play good players and see also old players. I liked playing against Fouracle ...

SèþħįŕƟƭϦ

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 24, 2018 2:11 AM
Does Fouracle still play on that site, or has he called it quits too?

snail1

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 25, 2018 5:10 AM
Hi Sephi!

Yes, Fouracle is still an active four in a row player here on flyordie. However, I am afraid he has lost a lot of his skill because he has not played in a long time, which is why I left him out of my list.

cσευя αηgε

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Sep 27, 2018 10:01 PM
He stopped playing in 2015 according to these statistics.

He has good players on Littlegolem, and that's good when 8x8, 9x9 and 10x10 there is no program. We know that it is the players who play ...

F0uracle

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Oct 4, 2018 3:02 AM
Great list SèþħįŕƟƭϦ I recognize most the names there (can't remember if I have played Sweet Candy) - definitely all strong players. I have not played for a few years as the community has become too small and I put my focus on chess and other endeavors.

It would be a bit of effort to make a full list myself but I would definitely rank ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ the amazing ☎ as #1 on the list of players I've played for amazing solving skills and intuition!

DeadPooL

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Oct 9, 2018 9:25 PM
F0uracle " ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ the amazing ☎ as #1 "

Why you people not understand this guy was a cheater long ago? Why are you ranking him so high? Maybe you not know his history he was a point banker before he was good. He's good i'll give him that but his history not makes him the best.

snail1

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Oct 10, 2018 11:01 AM
Yes I agree with deadpool.

snail1

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Oct 12, 2018 12:01 AM
I would like to add that for people to be in the top 10 they need to have good anti’s (play well with blue) such as deadly silence, bloodmate, gods give, brooklyn, and casey jade. These are legends that were so good in their prime.

Four in a row is a solved game, so it is not very hard to always win with red. However, to be able to beat someone when you are blue or at least making it hard for them would be really impressive.

cσευя αηgε

Re: the best 10 players of c4 Posted: Oct 12, 2018 6:25 PM
Bonjour à tous,

DeadPooL, si les personnes pensent toutes comme vous. On serait tous des personnes mauvaise, car toutes personnes a déjà fait quelque chose de mal dans sa vie!

tricher? C'était juste pour le fun! N'oublions pas que ce sont juste des points... Pas de l'argent!Tout comme les gens qui utilisent un programme. Est-ce tricher? Au pire,ils se punissent eux même! Ils n'ont pas le plaisir de jouer, d'apprendre et d'évoluer dans leur jeu...

snail1. Vous, qui parlez aussi de tricherie? Brooklyn et casey jade ont "point banqué" et utilisaient un programme. Donc selon vous ils ne sont pas de bos joueurs, mais vous dîtes qu'ils sont de bons joueurs? Votre discourt est incohérent! ^^ Mais cela n'empêche pas qu'ils ont évolué... Je connais beaucoup de joueurs qui ont joué avec un programme et ils sont devenus de bons joueurs...

Fouracle a dit j'étais le premier.... des derniers ^^

snail1 et DeadPooL si vous voulez jouer en 8x8, 9x9 ou 10x10 sur Lilttegolem. Comme on dit, plus on est nombreux et plus on s'amuse =)

Snail1. Je suis d'accord que gagner en rouge c'est facile (dans les styles basiques). Je suis aussi d'accord qu'un bon joueur, c'est une personne qui c'est bien jouer en bleu, mais aussi anticiper. Car beaucoup de gens gagnent avec les rouges car ils jouent du "par coeur". Un bon joueur, c'est aussi une personne qui respect sont adversaire et qui sait perdre! Si vous voulez on peut jouer dans d'autre style comme 417, 116... Ce sont des styles fun. Si vous connaissez?

Fouracle merci. Tu es une des personnes avec qui j'aimais bien jouer. Pour ton style de jeu et tu joues très bien. Dommage que tu ne joues plus à ce jeu

Bon jeu à tous

Traduction Anglais

Hi all,

DeadPooL, if people all think like you. We would all be bad people, because everyone has done something wrong in his life!

cheat? It was just for fun! Let's not forget that these are just points ... No money, just like people who use a program. Is it cheating? At worst, they punish themselves! They do not have the pleasure to play, to learn and to evolve in their game ...

Snail1. You, who also talk about cheating? Brooklyn and casey jade have "point bank" and used a program. So you think they are not big players, but you say they are good players? Your discourse is incoherent! ^^ But that does not prevent that they have evolved ... I know a lot of players who have played with a program and they have become good players ...

Fouracle said I was the first .... of the last ^^

snail1 and DeadPooL if you want to play 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 on Lilttegolem. As we say, the more we are and the more we have fun =)

Snail1. I agree that winning in red is easy (in basic styles). I also agree that a good player is a person who plays well in blue, but also anticipate. Because many people win with the reds because they play "by heart". A good player is also a person who respect are opponent and who knows how to lose! If you want we can play in other style like 417, 116 ... These are fun styles. If you know?

Fouracle thank you. You are one of the people I liked to play with. For your style of play and you play very well. Too bad you do not play this game anymore

Good game everyone

Replies: 60   Pages: 5   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page