« Back to All Topics
the best 10 players of c4
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Posted in 
Four in a Row
for you, who are the best players of connect 4?

i am do not have a list lol
1.Gabrielamihaela
2.BlutoTheTerrible
3.UsaGuy
4.MelanieHaterz
5.Virus
6.Giest
7.AIyanna
8.Nunavut
9.Sukara
10.Tommy R&R
I can't think of 10 right now, but here are some decent players currently.

In no particular order.. 

virusantrax
oewan
Bloodmate
wiebke (underrated)
jeepee0407
CAMPEÓN¿ESPAÑOL

Guess you don’t love me anymore ThUnDeR :(
1. αє∂iℓнαiмυsнкiℓ 
2. CAMPEÓN¿ESPAÑOL
3. Bloodmate
4. oewan
5. String Cheese
6. ♥connect return♥
7. Bed & BreXit
8. Melanie_Haters
9. Cristiano97
10. CyberTala97
>Guess you don’t love me anymore ThUnDeR

How could I forget Stringy!

*EDITED LIST*

In no particular order.. 

virusantrax
oewan
Bloodmate
wiebke (underrated)
jeepee0407
CAMPEÓN¿ESPAÑOL
String Cheese

:|
I search my name but i dont see , Then i will replay this game a little haha :) 
>I search my name but i dont see , Then i will replay this game a little haha  

Hi Ant, my list shows players who don't use a prog.  But for sure, you are a strong program user. :|

See you in the games  :)
currently, I only have one top 5.

1-Melanie (the best blue).

2-Virusantrax (for me the second best blue now).

3-αє∂iℓнαiмυsнкiℓ

4-Oewan (a great guy).

5-CAMPEÓN¿ESPAÑOL. 

I do not play anymore, but I'm on top of the second.

By. ♛λℓєxαиdєя
Spyders That's a list of friends, it's not the best players.
Rescueable Melanie, Tommy (has a sign, but does not use prog) and virus, from then on and without offending, the others are nobs, nothing personal, humble opinion.
Half of these list only has a set of newbie players on them. I guess most these people posting these list here are new. It has alot of oldtimers who were the best here.

Btw,ThUnDeR i remembered in the past briefly you had a program sign long time ago ;).. So don't call others program when you probably used it before in the past.
1. Bed & BreXit
2. $Vegas$
3. jaejae
4. Air_Wolf
5. $5_Bucks
6. Big Mac & Fries
7. Out of Cash
8. $Trump-for-pres$
9. Ride--Along
10. Tax_Man_Cometh
I agree with both thunder and j666immy, they’re list is fair and looks reasonable in my humble opinion. However, I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of bed & brexit to put him in that toplist with all due respect, unless he is an old player that I dont know.
Yes Caballero real, i know what you mean. But the question of Virus was "for you,who is the best player".You would be right if the question was "who is the best player".
By the way,to determine the best player is not too easy.
For example,the best is probably not the one with the most points.That is likely the best pointbanker.
I think if you only look at regular players(not pop)then there are a couple of very good players.To mention an example,melanie haters would be one of the top players.But if you count also pop out as 4 in a row(and pop out is called 4 in a row in tournaments)then he would be off the top list.Does it make a best player just to win many games?Or does it also count that he knows all ins and outs and knows to do well in various strategies like different starts.Does it also count that a player doesn t run after a won game being red? Does it count that a player is able to explane the game to others?Yes,what makes someone to be the best...but the most important thing is that people enjoy the game.Actually win or lose is not important but not all players understand this:)  Greetings to all

Top 10 Connect 4 players that I have ever had the honor to play against or seen play in action:

1. ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥
Was a phenomenal player in both 7x6 and many other board sizes, such as 8x8, 9x9 etc. Played all sorts of variations such as 417, 116, 1337, and had a very strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning that he could play well regardless of the board size and adapt very well. I consider myself lucky to only beat him once and achieved a draw against him in 8x8 while losing all the rest against him, and a draw against him in 9x9 once in a tournament. Overall certainly the strongest player I have ever played against in person.

2. Fouracle 
Also a very strong player not just in 7x6 but also 8x8 and 9x9 like ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥. Technically he would a contender for the best player that I have ever played against, but 1st and 2nd place on this place are interchangeable. I have never defeated him in 8x8 or 9x9, while in 7x6 he again has a strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning he can play well just from about any position.

3. cymantex
One of the most influential connect 4 players from way back during the late 2000s and was still semi-active in the early 2010s, was one of the inventors and leading theorists of several crazy connect 4 positions that I honestly have forgotten, but once in a game a long time ago, when I was playing as a guest against another good player and played crazy positions, people were calling me "cymantex". It was quite the compliment actually, and speaks as to how great this guy was.

4. golbez
A very active player in the early 2010s, was pretty much perfect in 7x6, and invented a position that I'd never seen before. He was rather slow in his moves and took a lot of time to think sometimes, but was nigh unbreakable at his height even in hard positions; he'd always find the right move, a strong intuition so to speak of the game.

5. Ferite
Another very strong 7x6 player, I would place him below golbez though as he did, very occasionally get broken in tough positions, but still the two are fairly close in skill. 

6. Suffix
Was another great 7x6 player, usually played 417 against him but he was also great playing other positions as well. Was at first quite breakable in positions like 417, but gradually became near perfect and played a lot of anti-breaks, which he was pretty good at.

7. Sweet Candy
Also was an active player for a short time in the early 2010s, was the strongest female player that I had ever played, was also one of my mentors who helped hone my skill in the game by constantly breaking me and forcing me to understand the game instead of memorizing it lol. Unfortunately disappeared after a month or two of playing and never appeared again.

8. dreddz
Another awesome player, was very well known for his/her anti-breaks, used to play anti-breaks all the time and was a very fun player to watch play.

9. relfson
Was another good player who played the game for a very long time. Played many different variations, was breakable since he didn't play too often but also had a good understanding of the game. A solid player.

10. jer0me
I've only seen this guy played one time back in probably 2010 or 2011, but he played extremely well, or at least it impressed me, I think he played as red, 43771, and later in the game, when his opponent asked why he made a move that seemed weird at first but turned out to be winning, he simply replied that "it's because I'm not you", or something along the lines of that. 
Some great names there SèþħįŕƟƭϦ.  I remember all of them.

SèþħįŕƟƭϦ  your list is nice but ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ was a point banker he point banked to 985 points he's a former cheater.
Bonjour à tous

Pour moi Il y a plusieurs bons joueurs après il est difficile de dire qui est meilleur que l'autre. 

Pour moi un très bon joueur doit :
- Etre rapide (sur les styles basiques)
- Etre fair-play (nombre de partie paire)
- Gagner à 100% sur les styles faciles
- Savoir joueur plusieurs variante comme 417, 116... 
- Savoir break
- Savoir anticiper
- Aimer jouer de nouveau style...

Voici une liste mélangé de certains bons et très bons joueurs que j'ai croisé depuis plus de 10 ans... (j'ai du en oublier pas mal...) Certains pseudo vous rappellerons peut-être de bons souvenirs.

Qui joue en 8x8, 9x9 ou 10x10?

Qui joue en 417, 116...?

TRADUCTION :

Hello everyone

For me There are many good players after it is difficult to say who is better than the other.

For me a very good player must:
- Be fast (on basic styles)
- Fair play (number of even games)
- Earn 100% on easy styles
- Know player several variant like 417, 116 ...
- Know break
- Know how to anticipate
- Like to play new style ...

Here is a mixed list of some good and very good players that I met for over 10 years ... (I had to forget a lot ...) Some nicks may remind you of good memories.

dreddz
relfson
golbez
muggaz
jeje7
sephiroth
cymantex
sirius
fouracle
ferite
LAMIA
jeepee0407
oewan
bandicoot
Kimberly
Angelica
soccer22
dump
suprafix
fstal86 
reiki
eliten
bradspelaren
nameless
Parasita
edgemaster
the blue devil
o O loil
Dumpfbacke
Ob8
Divine Knight
God has Given
suffix
Divine Knight
stefan
qwer
OwNeD
celestial knight
ice dragon
the learner
mason

Sephiroth, what is your nickname on Littlegolem?

Who plays in 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10?

Who plays in 417, 116 ...?
Hi cσευя αηgε,

My former username on littlegolem was Absolute_Zero, that was the one I played the most often on, though I had an older account as well which I haven't used in years, though I did play you some games on it too. Actually, I haven't played on littlegolem for a long time now, think I got too busy with life and just called it quits. Good to see that you're still alive and kicking. Your games with Fouracle were always fun to watch

Top 10 Connect 4 players that I have ever had the honor to play against or seen play in action:

1. Deadly Silence(Bloodmate)
Was a phenomenal player in both 7x6 and many other board sizes, such as 8x8, 9x9 etc. Played all sorts of variations such as 417, 116, 1337, and had a very strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning that he could play well regardless of the board size and adapt very well. I consider myself lucky to only beat him once and achieved a draw against him in 8x8 while losing all the rest against him, and a draw against him in 9x9 once in a tournament. Overall certainly the strongest player I have ever played against in person. Most people referred tl him as the god of four in a row.

2. Gods Give
Also a very strong player not just in 7x6 but also 8x8 and 9x9 like Deadly Silence.Technically he would be a contender for the best player that I have ever played against, but 1st and 2nd place on this place are interchangeable. I have never defeated him in 8x8 or 9x9, while in 7x6 he again has a strong understanding of connect 4 positions, meaning he can play well just from about any position.

3. casey jade
One of the most influential connect 4 players from way back during the late 2000s and was still semi-active in the early 2010s, was one of the inventors and leading theorists of several crazy connect 4 positions that I honestly have forgotten, but once in a game a long time ago, when I was playing as a guest against another good player and played crazy positions, people were calling me "casey jade". It was quite the compliment actually, and speaks as to how great this guy was.

4. fstal
A very active player in the early 2010s, was pretty much perfect in 7x6, and invented a position that I'd never seen before. He was rather slow in his moves and took a lot of time to think sometimes, but was nigh unbreakable at his height even in hard positions; he'd always find the right move, a strong intuition so to speak of the game.

5. callum
Another very strong 7x6 player, I would place him below golbez though as he did, very occasionally get broken in tough positions, but still the two are fairly close in skill. 

6. Brooklyn
Was another great 7x6 player, usually played 417 against him but he was also great playing other positions as well. Was at first quite breakable in positions like 417, but gradually became near perfect and played a lot of anti-breaks, which he was pretty good at.

7. KUKKUK
Also was an active player for a short time in the early 2010s, was the strongest female player that I had ever played, was also one of my mentors who helped hone my skill in the game by constantly breaking me and forcing me to understand the game instead of memorizing it lol. Unfortunately disappeared after a month or two of playing and never appeared again.

8. God has Given
Another awesome player, was very well known for his/her anti-breaks, used to play anti-breaks all the time and was a very fun player to watch play.

9. oewan
Was another good player who played the game for a very long time. Played many different variations, was breakable since he didn't play too often but also had a good understanding of the game. A solid player.

10. eliten
I've only seen this guy play one time back in probably 2010 or 2011, but he played extremely well, or at least it impressed me, I think he played as red, 43771, and later in the game, when his opponent asked why he made a move that seemed weird at first but turned out to be winning, he simply replied that "it's because I'm not you", or something along the lines of that. 

Bonjour Sephiroth,

Oh! Je me souviens de ton pseudo Absolute_Zero sur LittleGolem. Je joue toujours sur LittleGolem et de temps en temps sur Flyordie quand j'ai le temps (même si malheureusement il n'y a plus de niveau...)  J'essaie de trouvé des "breaks"en 9x9 et 10x10. Si un jour tu veux rejouer... Ne jamais partir sur un échec ( plaisanterie :p ) Cela fait plaisir de jouer des bons joueurs et de voir aussi des anciens joueurs. J'aimais bien jouer contre Fouracle...

TRADUCTION 

Hello Sephiroth,

Oh! I remember your nickname Absolute_Zero on LittleGolem. I always play on LittleGolem and from time to time on Flyordie when I have time (even if unfortunately there is more level ...) I try to find "breaks" in 9x9 and 10x10. If one day you want to replay ... Never leave on a failure (joke: p) It's nice to play good players and see also old players. I liked playing against Fouracle ...
Does Fouracle still play on that site, or has he called it quits too?
Hi Sephi!

Yes, Fouracle is still an active four in a row player here on flyordie. However, I am afraid he has lost a lot of his skill because he has not played in a long time, which is why I left him out of my list.
He stopped playing in 2015 according to these statistics. 

He has good players on Littlegolem, and that's good when 8x8, 9x9 and 10x10 there is no program. We know that it is the players who play ...
Great list SèþħįŕƟƭϦ I recognize most the names there (can't remember if I have played Sweet Candy) - definitely all strong players. I have not played for a few years as the community has become too small and I put my focus on chess and other endeavors.

It would be a bit of effort to make a full list myself but I would definitely rank ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ the amazing ☎ as #1 on the list of players I've played for amazing solving skills and intuition!
F0uracle  "  ♥.þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя.♥ the amazing ☎ as #1 "

Why you people not understand this guy was a cheater long ago? Why are you ranking him so high? Maybe you not know his history he was a point banker before he was good. He's good i'll give him that but his history not makes him the best.
Yes I agree with deadpool.
I would like to add that for people to be in the top 10 they need to have good anti’s (play well with blue) such as deadly silence, bloodmate, gods give, brooklyn, and casey jade. These are legends that were so good in their prime.

Four in a row is a solved game, so it is not very hard to always win with red. However, to be able to beat someone when you are blue or at least making it hard for them would be really impressive.
Bonjour à tous,

DeadPooL, si les personnes pensent toutes comme vous. On serait tous des personnes mauvaise, car toutes personnes a déjà fait quelque chose de mal dans sa vie!

tricher? C'était juste pour le fun! N'oublions pas que ce sont juste des points... Pas de l'argent!Tout comme les gens qui utilisent un programme. Est-ce tricher? Au pire,ils se punissent eux même! Ils n'ont pas le plaisir de jouer, d'apprendre et d'évoluer dans leur jeu...

snail1. Vous, qui parlez aussi de tricherie? Brooklyn et casey jade ont "point banqué" et utilisaient un programme. Donc selon vous ils ne sont pas de bos joueurs, mais vous dîtes qu'ils sont de bons joueurs? Votre discourt est incohérent! ^^ Mais cela n'empêche pas qu'ils ont évolué... Je connais beaucoup de joueurs qui ont joué avec un programme et ils sont devenus de bons joueurs... 

Fouracle a dit j'étais le premier.... des derniers ^^ 

snail1 et DeadPooL si vous voulez jouer en 8x8, 9x9 ou 10x10 sur Lilttegolem. Comme on dit, plus on est nombreux et plus on s'amuse =)

Snail1. Je suis d'accord que gagner en rouge c'est facile (dans les styles basiques). Je suis aussi d'accord qu'un bon joueur, c'est une personne qui c'est bien jouer en bleu, mais aussi anticiper. Car beaucoup de gens gagnent avec les rouges car ils jouent du "par coeur". Un bon joueur, c'est aussi une personne qui respect sont adversaire et qui sait perdre! Si vous voulez on peut jouer dans d'autre style comme 417, 116... Ce sont des styles fun. Si vous connaissez? 

Fouracle merci. Tu es une des personnes avec qui j'aimais bien jouer. Pour ton style de jeu et tu joues très bien. Dommage que tu ne joues plus à ce jeu :(

Bon jeu à tous

Traduction Anglais

Hi all,

DeadPooL, if people all think like you. We would all be bad people, because everyone has done something wrong in his life!

cheat? It was just for fun! Let's not forget that these are just points ... No money, just like people who use a program. Is it cheating? At worst, they punish themselves! They do not have the pleasure to play, to learn and to evolve in their game ...

Snail1. You, who also talk about cheating? Brooklyn and casey jade have "point bank" and used a program. So you think they are not big players, but you say they are good players? Your discourse is incoherent! ^^ But that does not prevent that they have evolved ... I know a lot of players who have played with a program and they have become good players ...

Fouracle said I was the first .... of the last ^^

snail1 and DeadPooL if you want to play 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 on Lilttegolem. As we say, the more we are and the more we have fun =)

Snail1. I agree that winning in red is easy (in basic styles). I also agree that a good player is a person who plays well in blue, but also anticipate. Because many people win with the reds because they play "by heart". A good player is also a person who respect are opponent and who knows how to lose! If you want we can play in other style like 417, 116 ... These are fun styles. If you know?

Fouracle thank you. You are one of the people I liked to play with. For your style of play and you play very well. Too bad you do not play this game anymore :(

Good game everyone

blablabla þєŧiŧ ¢ǿєùя, you are a point banker! And you don't deserve to be on top best player here. You are like mason and Stefan Leanage who think they point banked and in the past and act like they are the best players. All the older players know your past petit coeur . 

You even admit it " cσευя αηgε " It was just for fun! Let's not forget that these are just points " "

Fun? So point banking was fun? 

ҳ▪bάиđĭ¢øǿŧ'.ҳ▫ is one of few french old players on flyodie c4 that should be #1 not you.
Hello DeadPool,

Bandicoot numéro 1? C'est un bon joueur mais Il ne prenait aucun risque en rouge. On pouvait le break dans les styles bassiques et il n'avait pas d'anti.Juste pour information, il n'est pas Français^^. 

Si tu savais le nombre de joueur qui ont point banque pour les points ou pour le plaisir. Oui, c'était amusant! C'était un délire entre amis :p (Tu n'as jamais joué à un foot sans vraiment respecter les règle, juste pour le fun?) Tout comme Brasilian legend! 0 ----> 1 000 points en une nuit, il s'avait très bien qu'il allait être banni ^^ C'était pour le fun!

Mais tu dis qu'un point banker ne mérite pas d'être dans le top. Pourquoi mets tu cassey jade? Brooklyn? Tu n'es ni objectif, ni cohérent^^ Personnellement, je trouve qu'ils méritent d'y être! 

Oui, j'avoue avoir triché^^. Si cela peut te faire plaisir. Cela me fera aussi plaisir..

Je ne cherche pas à être le meilleur^^ Je cherche juste à prendre du plaisir à jouer.

Pour ma part, j'ai adoré jouer avec tout les joueurs (y compris les programmes pour découvrir d'autre style...). Ils m'ont tous apporter beaucoup!  . 

Sinon quels sont tes autres pseudo? :p 

Si tu veux jouer, tu es le bienvenue. Ce sera avec plaisir!

Bon jeu à tous!

Traduction anglais :

Hello DeadPool,

Bandicoot number 1? He is a good player but He did not take any chances in red. We could break in the bassic styles and he had no anti.Juste for information, Just for information he is not French.

If you knew the number of players who have bank point for points or for fun. Yes, it was fun! It was a delirium among friends: p (You've never played football without really following the rules, just for fun?) Just like Brasilian legend! 0 ----> 1000 points in one night, it was very good that he was going to be banned ^^ It was for fun!

But you say that a banker point does not deserve to be in the top. Why do you casse jade? Brooklyn? You are neither objective nor coherent ^^ Personally, I think they deserve to be there!

Yes, I confess to having cheated ^^. If it makes you happy. It will happy me too.

I'm not trying to be the best ^^ I'm just looking to have fun playing ...

For my part, I loved playing with all players (including programs to discover other style ...). They all bring me a lot! .

Otherwise what are your other nicks? : p

If you want to play, you're welcome. With pleasure!

Good game everyone!
Petite Coeur is easily one of the best players, your stupid too think otherwise. And to throw my name into the hat makes me laugh. I've never once ever claimed to be the "best" or anything of the sort.
Also "snail" your list is a complete joke, Brooklyn, CJ etc. Are all program users by miles that have no clue on C4, not calling them out as I'm always friendly with them, but to say there the best players is an ibsult to the actual best players.
I explained why I think they are the best so upu can read it again if you want. I don’t know who you are mason thats why I didnt put you on my list, maybe we can play 20 games so I test your skills when you’re free.

And coure ange, I was the one that said brooklyn and casey jade were one of the best not deadpool, you seem to think we are the same people haha.
blalblabla mason the programmer jajajaja .. you are always banned for cheating and point banks! jaja petit coeur is a cheated and pointed bank in room 2 with claudine jajajaja ask and much older players we know petit couer before he was good ;)

" Petite Coeur is easily one of the best players, your stupid too think otherwise "

ofc a cheater/banker will defend another one of it's kind.
As far as i remembered while playing c4 petit coeur used to cheat but that was long time ago? why talk about past now?But he's very good player now. Best player? idk. I have played alot of good c4 players throughout the years so hard to say who is the best really.Everyone is the best in their own styles of play. :)

- Richy1985
Bonjour à tous,

Mason :o ça fait longtemps. J'aurai jamais pensé que tu dises un jour que je suis un bon joueur :o :p Tu joues toujours à connect 4?

Snail1. Je vous ai juste confondu. Vous n'êtes pas du tout crédible. Vous vous rendez compte? Pourquoi nommez vous bon joueur des personnes qui points banques et qui programmes? Alors que vous dîtes juste avant qu'un point banqueur ne peut pas être nommer bon joueur? Contradictoire??? J'adore votre côté "marrant"

Snail1. Vous connaissez Brooklyn et casey jade mais pas Mason? Pourtant c'est la même époque? Encore une incohérence??? Je dois vous demander si vous dites vous la vérité, rien que la vérité? lool 

Snail1, deadpool, RichyRich  quels sont vos autres pseudo? :p (Juste par curiosité)

Bon jeu à tous!

Traduction anglais :

Hi all,

Mason: o it's been a long time. I never thought you ever said I'm a good player: o: p Are you still playing connect 4?

Snail1. I just confused you. You are not at all credible. You realize? Why do you name good player people who bank points and who programs? While you say right before a banker point can not be named good player? Contradictory??? I love your "funny" side

Snail1. You know Brooklyn and casey jade but not Mason? Yet it's the same time? Another inconsistency ??? I have to ask you if you tell the truth, just the truth? lool

Snail1, deadpool, RichyRich what are your other nicks? : p (Just out of curiosity)

Good game everyone!
How is it an inconsistency to know brooklyn and casey jade but not mason? I’m really sorry but that does not make sense to me. Are they related or something?

I never said point bankers cannot be named please revert back to the start of the conversation, you are confusing me with another person.

I’m sure you are a great player couer, I was just not familiar with you or Mason.
Bonjour,

Vous ne citez pas Mason (c'est pour cela comme je le nomme pas) Oui, c'est une incohérence de nommé Brooklyn et CJ alors qu'il point banque. Je ne vous confond pas. Deadpool dit qu'un point banqueur ne doit pas être nommé, et vous dîtes que vous êtes d'accord^^ (Posted: Oct 9, 2018 9:25 PM et Posted: Oct 10, 2018 11:01 AM.)

Snail1, pourquoi vous ne voulez vraiment pas dire vos anciens pseudo? 

Snail1, c'est dommage que vous refusez de me jouer en classique ou en pop-out. J'aime jouer avec des anciens joueurs mais aussi avec des nouveaux joueurs. 

J'ai vu en salle qu'il n'y a plus beaucoup de joueurs qui ont la couleur jaune ou au dessus Connaissez-vous des bons joueurs actuels? Si oui, quels sont leurs pseudos? Merci.

Bon jeu à tous,

Traduction anglais :

Hi,

You do not quote Mason (that's why I do not name him) Yes, it's an incoherence of named Brooklyn and CJ while he's not banking. I do not confuse you. Deadpool says a banker point should not be named, and you say you agree ^^ (Posted: Oct 9, 2018 9:25 PM and Posted: Oct 10, 2018 11:01 AM.)

Snail1, why do not you really want to tell your old nickname?

Snail1, it's a shame that you refuse to play me in classic or pop-out. I like playing with old players but also with new players.

I saw in the room that there are not many players who have the color yellow or above. Do you know good players today? If so, what are their nicks? Thanks.

Good game everyone

the talk is very good.
all the mentioned names I remember them very well and many of them used the program and others only played with newbies.
Golbes for me will be number one, he was my teacher to be good at connect 4

greetings to all!.
DeadPool, I've no clue who you are and neither do I care. Your just a random talking about people you don't know.
Also snail, it would not be you who would bd testing skills if we played. And coeur is simply referring to the fact that when CJ and Brooklyn etc. Where playing, so was I, since 2007 I've played on this site until recent years as I no longer do.

Finally, no coeut I no longer play here, and yes I would happily say you are or could be the best overall C4 player. It's no secret that I've never been too admiring towards the French but I wouldn't deny a better player either way. I recall the last time I played you was a year or 2 back, we played some hard pop out styles starting in 2 which was very fun. Personally I've never seen any actual good pop out players besides Ferite, Suprafix and yourself coeur. So that was nice too do.
I don't plan on playing again though as the game is very dull, no one to play with like back then. Maybe one day but I very much doubt it.
10 players huh. This gets tricky.

In my experience I have played many players. Not only on Flordie, but also on blip and even little golem as Fouracle got me active there.

Years go by. Many of the old school players have forgot many things about the game, many played by memory, few knew the algorithms behind every move. When you ask me to list the best 10 players of C4. I will list those who I know for a fact knew the mathematics, knew the formulas and knew the "why go there" in those positions.

My list will be in no particular order, as some players you can't really break/seperate from others.

1) Cymantex aka Bradspelaren - Without a doubt one of the strongest players who knew the game very well. Always plays anti breaks or irregulars as red. Played strange styles and from these.

2) Qwer - Once upon a time I played this guy. Even after not playing for 2 years, he knew the irregular starts, anti breaks and even played perfect red starts. He knew the formulas to work out the moves better than cymantex did. However needed way more time to work tough positions out in which he was limited to.

3) Fouracle - Hard choice to pick for 3. 4 Was very close after. Fouracle Started as a begginer, he knew basic styles and often got broke. However, he went away and studied the game further and much more thorough. Within 3 months he become a monster. He started knowing loads of irregulars and often played anti breaks. This guy was always looking for irregulars and throwing hard games at all opponents. He even had that much passion to create C4 Quiz's containing hard irregular moves which would require knowledge of the game to even make sense to work out.

4) Golbez - Golbez was one of my favourite players to play against. We always had irregulars/anti break fights. 200 games vs him and we often broke each other. However he was in my opinion one of the best blue players I went vs.

5) Petit Coeur - Petit in my opinion is further down my list. I only played a few irregulars/anti breaks vs him in standard 7 x 6 style. If we were talking about every single variant of C4. Petit coeur would be first by miles. He has a very good understanding of the game.

6) Relfson - No one mentioned this legend. Relfson was a very old school player who didn't play much in terms of irregulars unless he was against a very good player/friend. However, he  knows the basics and game mechanics better than most players. Is a very strong 7x6 player, and even more board sizes.

7) dreddz - Dreddz, one of my favourite players. Very knowledgeable of the game.

other mentions without paragraphs as I couldn't really say much about them:

8 - metaldave
9 - Suprafix
10 - Parasita

other mentions:

Mushy18
OwNeD
Mason

Bonjour à tous,

Mason. Oui je sais que vous n'êtes pas très admiratif envers les français lool. Il y a beaucoup de français pas très cool... Personnellement, je n'ai rien contre les personnes qui ne parlent pas français sauf pour communiquer. Ce n'est pas très facile avec mon mauvais anglais... C'est dommage car c'est mieux de communiquer en jouant... Et les traducteur ne sont pas top... 

Je pense qu'il suffit que quelques bons joueurs reviennent pour que pleins de bons joueurs reviennent aussi. 

Mason, tu t'es reconverti dans un autre jeu? :p  (beaucoup d'anciens joueurs de puissance 4 jouent au échec, dames, gomoku...)

Je suis nostalgique de la bonne époque où il y avait beaucoup de bons joueurs. Maintenant, il n'y a plus de niveau, c'est vrai que c'est ennuyeux. J'ai même été sur d'autre sites de jeux de puissance 4 (6x7). Il n'y a que 3 ou 4 bons joueurs encore actif... Les meilleurs joueurs que j'ai connu viennent de Flyordie...

Ferite, C'est vrai que beaucoup de "bons joueurs" jouent du par coeur.
C'est bien c'est qu'en 8x8, 9x9, 10x10... il n'y a pas de programme. Tout les styles ne sont pas résolus. La taille est plus grande. Il faut beaucoup plus anticiper. On a plus de chance de casser un très bon joueur qu'en 6x7.

Ferite, si un jour on se croise sur Flyordie, ou little golem, ce sera avec plaisir de te jouer!

Traducteur en anglais :

Hello everyone,

Mason. Yes I know you are not very appreciative of French lool. There is a lot of French not very cool ... Personally, I have nothing against people who do not speak French except to communicate. It's not very easy with my bad English ... It's a shame because it's better to communicate while playing ... And the translators are not top ...

I think it only takes a few good players to come back so that a lot of good players come back too.

Mason, did you convert to another game? : p (many old power 4 players play chess, ladies, gomoku ...)

I am nostalgic of the good times when there were many good players. Now, there is more level, it's true that it's boring. I've even been to other 4 (6x7) power games sites. There are only 3 or 4 good players still active ... The best players I knew come from Flyordie ...

Ferite, It is true that many "good players" play by heart.
It's good that in 8x8, 9x9, 10x10 ... there is no program. Not all styles are solved. The size is bigger. You have to anticipate a lot more. We are more likely to break a very good player than 6x7.

Ferite, if one day we cross on Flyordie, or little golem, it will be with pleasure to play you!
I am not sure what the C4 community is like these days but it would be unsurprising if the current "good" players only know easy styles! Being perfect in regular 7x6 is simple if you always take the easy way out!

I will try to post a list as well of the best players that I have played. The players below all know how to play hard styles, irregulars, and consistently aimed to take their game to higher levels. This list is mostly comprised of players between 2011-2015 which is the period I was most active:

1) 
coeurange
 - best all-round player, not only knows just about every style in 7x6 but also a top player in pop-out and several other board sizes. Whenever I tested it with a new style it would almost always solve correctly. Very innovative and it also destroyed the 8x8 competition for a long time with creative breaks. 

2) 
Ferite
 - probably knows the most styles of any player I ever met, never afraid to try new things and always willing to help players who want to delve into harder styles. Also one of the fastest players ever. Taught me many good breaks and strategies when I was rising up the ranks. Probably just as good or better than coeurange at 7x6 however coeurange's knowledge of various board sizes gives it the edge.

3) 
golbez
 - one of the old school players who quit for several years but then came back to play and was still among the best. Had an incredible ability to solve just about any position given enough time, but time was also his biggest weakness.

4) 
Suprafix
 - one of the best players for sure, knew basically all regular styles and many irregs, we would often play 50+ game matches on new styles that we experimented with

5) 
Yukian
 - not many will know him on FOD but I played with him for many years on omgpop back in the old days, incredibly strong player and he put a lot of work in the game, more or less perfect in every reg style and a ton of irregs. I would say he is basically the same level as Suprafix.

6) 
relfson
 - old school player who has played all the best players, knows many styles himself and a good solver

7) 
Alexandra
 - another super strong player from omgpop who played during that period, was always willing to learn new styles and test her limits, she may be ranked even higher if she did not quit early.

8) 
Shock Lighting
 - very strong player who was just about perfect on all regular styles and good at irregs.

9) 
metalldave
 - another very strong player who originated from OMGPop, was an expert on all regular styles and some irregulars

10) 
nomnomnom (monkey)
 - very strong and creative player, me and monkey climbed up the ranks together and constantly worked on new styles and antis. We kept each other competitive and often he would be one step ahead of me only for me to close the gap quickly. He would be ranked much higher if he had not quit so early.

Other Names

jeje7
Divine Knight
Parasita

It is more than likely that I may have forgotten some players but these were the ones that came to mind!
Not sure why you guys are talking about me lol, I don't even play anymore on this site...Guess you guys missed me,huh?

Sup Shаun Murphy no1 mate long time no see :)
with all the players they had to make a list is impossible especially that we do not know if in the end they played fair play or not for me because for you how to define the best player to the crown, point, break ?
Aw the memories. I can't do anything but to smile coming back reading the forums and notice names like Ferite, Fouracle etc. This game was a huge part of my life during the period of 2008-2014. 

And fouracle. I miss those days we used to play 50-100ish games a day!
the 2 best players today is mostly who stays are melanie_hetars and oewan
I can not believe it's not on your Clark list

I will continue to improve, although I feel that I am on par with Melanie.

I do not have a list precisely the names that I quote are in my opinion the 2 best already that they remain in the game that they are fair play
1. Eliten:
Pioneer, and inventor. Made this game what it became, and everyonr after him tried to play like him. Even new players were indirectly inspired to learn how to play like him. Greatest antiplayer to this day.

2: Gzzo:
Fastest learner in history. Perfect in all regular starts and all variants within them.

3. Bradspelaren/Cymantex
Pioneer number two. Perfect player in all variants, and the first one that started inventoning rregs. And a forgotten game: speed/bullet play.
We used to play 5 sec games - really fun.

4. Fouracle:
Pretty much perfected all irregs up to 7 move ballot. Amazing memory on this dude.

5. Golbez:
Learned perfect play in all variants without help from vian. Best solver I have ever played.

6. Suprafix and Yukian
Swedes that owned new school c4. They made me start playing again, and to learn and master all the new stuff.

7. Recalcitrent:
 Super strong solver. We solved and deceloped antis for 7x7 board.

8. New Stiga. Him and I played daily the last half a year of my active carreer. We solved all styles, invented new stuff, until there were nothing new to learn. At that time I was at my strongest, and could play perfect in all ballots, and we invented new ballots where forced moves did not count. So easy example was the start 444444 was one move.

9. Dreddz.
My best mate, partner in crime, troll brothers and all that came with it.
When we both were active was probably the most fun times I had in this game. We teached eachother and were fighting alot :) 

10. Lamia
Kindness is magic. She became a strong player, was pure good at heart, and used to calm dreddz and I down when we were fighting.
She inspired me to become a better person. Seriously.

Others:
Couer. Weird player who I never really played. Used to troll me when he won. 

Ferite: did not play him much. Great at trolling :D

Carrol: old schooler, and amazing antiplayer.

Malik: greatest troller in history. Danish psyco that made me laugh everyday back om the days. Once he wanted to come to Oslo Norway to beat me up :D

Fstal and oloil: old schoolers, legends and amazing players.

Amanda: old schooler, swede, and he/she/it was supergood.

Parasita: dont know what to say. Funny guy, and the best profile picture!

Qwer: Didnt play him much, but was at cymantex’s level back in the days.

Sangfugl/Popeye: Borderline nutcase and pathalogical liar. :D However hes the only other norwegian player, and the one who got me into this game in 2005.

Probably forgot vital names. Sorry!
1. Eliten:
Pioneer, and inventor. Made this game what it became, and everyonr after him tried to play like him. Even new players were indirectly inspired to learn how to play like him. Greatest antiplayer to this day.

2: Gzzo:
Fastest learner in history. Perfect in all regular starts and all variants within them.

3. Bradspelaren/Cymantex
Pioneer number two. Perfect player in all variants, and the first one that started inventoning rregs. And a forgotten game: speed/bullet play.
We used to play 5 sec games - really fun.

4. Fouracle:
Pretty much perfected all irregs up to 7 move ballot. Amazing memory on this dude.

5. Golbez:
Learned perfect play in all variants without help from vian. Best solver I have ever played.

6. Suprafix and Yukian
Swedes that owned new school c4. They made me start playing again, and to learn and master all the new stuff.

7. Recalcitrent:
 Super strong solver. We solved and deceloped antis for 7x7 board.

8. New Stiga. Him and I played daily the last half a year of my active carreer. We solved all styles, invented new stuff, until there were nothing new to learn. At that time I was at my strongest, and could play perfect in all ballots, and we invented new ballots where forced moves did not count. So easy example was the start 444444 was one move.

9. Dreddz.
My best mate, partner in crime, troll brothers and all that came with it.
When we both were active was probably the most fun times I had in this game. We teached eachother and were fighting alot :) 

10. Lamia
Kindness is magic. She became a strong player, was pure good at heart, and used to calm dreddz and I down when we were fighting.
She inspired me to become a better person. Seriously.

Others:
Couer. Weird player who I never really played. Used to troll me when he won. 

Ferite: did not play him much. Great at trolling :D

Carrol: old schooler, and amazing antiplayer.

Malik: greatest troller in history. Danish psyco that made me laugh everyday back om the days. Once he wanted to come to Oslo Norway to beat me up :D

Fstal and oloil: old schoolers, legends and amazing players.

Amanda: old schooler, swede, and he/she/it was supergood.

Parasita: dont know what to say. Funny guy, and the best profile picture!

Qwer: Didnt play him much, but was at cymantex’s level back in the days.

Sangfugl/Popeye: Borderline nutcase and pathalogical liar. :D However hes the only other norwegian player, and the one who got me into this game in 2005.

Probably forgot vital names. Sorry!
Malik was his nick.
Real Copenhagen G :)
oh you scared me because my name is also malik lol.
Good day
any idea if eliten is still around anywhere? or jops?
I agree with relfson, Malik Qayum was an original, a very funny person! He was NOT arrogant. I chat with him on MSN or SYMFONI platform before. I remember how we talked about meeting but then we lost contact. I do not cry over it but I liked him.

+ relfson: did you not forget about Jer0me aka armstr0ng and jp? Or are they any of the players you mentioned. I remember them as fairly good players on this site.

brorduktig: I dont know. I have not spoken to either for a long time. I have not tried to contact them either. Have u tried to contact them by email? Probably they moved on with their lives.
a time that evolves some have known them teens now they have become old ^^:)
The people who inspired me in this game.

Eliten
Qwer
Bradspelaren
Fstal86
Golbez
Pikiwedia
Relfson
Muggaz
NewStiga
Dreddz
Sorry for such a late reply to this thread, just here to clear a few questions up :)

coeurange - I've recently starting playing connect 4 again, but interest is low due to lack of players. I've never really gone to another game but have decided to re-study Go again as I was very good at that game years ago.

Also is that Suprafix I see there? Do you still play Battlefield on PC? or PlayStation? if so add me up mate.
My PSN: HALLOWEEN_ENDS
Origin: HALLOWEEN_ENDS
I've just started to play on PC good old BF3.

Also about the questions regarding Eliten, He did return a few years back as the Pop-Out variation was release on here. He was studying the game to solve it and work a formula for perfect wins. I helped him a little in regards to playing the matches and if I recall he created a site called Fourensics or something along them lines with his research on there. Not seen or heard of him since sadly and can no longer access old email to contact.

And if anyone is still around or looking in this thread, add me on discord? maybe we can get a server going with all the old guys and gals :)
My discord: HALLOWEEN#2403

Now as I never posted an actual top players list I'll do that now in no particular order (players I've played and remember):

Petite Coeur
Suprafix
Fouracle
edgemaster
Ferite
Eliten
cymantex
LAMIA
Celestial Knight
golbez
dreddz
relfson
Divine Knight
Yukian
jeje7
bandicoot
God has Given

:) If I forget any I apologize.
Kind regards, and hope everyone is good. Mason.
can not judge good players that by pop unfortunately most players in normal program, and are too bad faith to confess that they prog for most!even though it is possible to learn the prog movements as I did!
:)

@clark kent off course u learned all the program moves, u use one everyday lol.

There is a pop prog that clark and futursoldier use, it was designed by eliten sadly and they managed to get their hands on it. Which is why they arent included in any of the lists in all the 6 pages of this topic.

I hope fod introduces a new version of the game so we can play without having to deal with progs.
it's a pity to lie to myself, but real players know that the prog pop does not exist those who continue to believe are unfortunately lost :) it's sad to see that people need to say things false for exists but hey it's life;)
Seems like people have not forgotten the old school players.