« Back to All Topics
Bullet Rooms
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Bullet Rooms
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Bullet Rooms
Hi, i'm talking for the Administrators,..
I would like to know if it's possible to create a 
Bullet Room
 in Connect 4, i think it will be better for some players, they can play quickly without problem.

Contrary to this, players who use a program will not be directly drawn to this room (bullet), which will minimize the number of cheaters because many honest players have left the site because there are many cheaters and I find that unfortunate.

Hoping that there will be change, I wish you a very good day :)

Streaming
I totally agree.

You should make 3 different bullet rooms.

1 = 2 minutes
2 = 1 minute
3 = 30 seconds

This will help players based on the style they want to play.. For example if they want to play harder styles then 2 minutes would be good for them, or if they need to think for normal styles but not much then 1 minute.

the 30 seconds is for the elite players who do not need much thinking time, this will stop programmers from coming and will allow fair players to test each others knowledge :L... But I totally agree with bullet room.

Could you also make a unrated room :)?
You copied my idea dude!! I'd like this idea. I though in 2 kind bullet games. First one 30seconds and second one 1minute.

Bullet rooms don't help much against proggers.  The reason is the animation for moves is so slow.  I'm pretty sure most proggers can play in even a 30 sec room if they choose to focus on the game.
Bonjour,même si les boules sont longues à tomber, les proggers seront stressé et il y a des styles ou les programmes sont long ! Mais c'est vrai que les boules sont très longues à tomber, moi je rajouterai une salle pour jouer en 10 secondes pour plus de fun ! Plus il y a de choix, mieux c'est ! 

Note : cette idée date de longtemps !

TRADUCTION :

Hello, even if the balls are slow to fall, the proggers be stressed and there are styles or programs are long! But it's true that the balls are very long to fall, I'll add a room for 10 seconds to play more fun! Plus there are choices, the better!

Note: this idea of a long time!
There are many ppl worried with progs, so I though in c4's lighspeed version :p. The elite players usually the end their games less then 20 secs (fod's clock) or less than 10 secs (fod's clock. So I suggest 2 versions: C4 15 secs lengh and C4 10 secs.

My 1st idea it was for a big part of the ppl could plays with the best plays. So I think to avoid the proggers the 15secs or 10secs are good to avoid them.
only fast thinkin players can do this,of course they need to have good memory and try to play very fast,btw even if your very fast you will lose seconds,you cant always be for example at 10 secs you got left,no way you will lose time..
even proggers cant do it,the only way they can beat if opponent is a little bit slower..:)
this is bad idea because there is 80 ppl max in a room at a time. in room 2 and 3 there is usally no1 and sometimes 2 ppl adding bullet rooms wud make ppl leave and have less ppl in each room which wud be an even worse idea
Reiki, please don't talk for me or for I can do or not. If I said 10secs, that means I can play inside this time. If you can't, the problem is your. If you can't, that doesn't mean the others cannot do that also. So this suggestion is for the top players and at the same time it's to avoid the proggers. If you want play this excited version, then practice more.

If you know the starts, you'll not need many time to think or then you'll not need any time to think. If you don't know the starts, you'll need many time to think. That means if you know many starts or if you know all the starts, you'll not need many time to think. So you can preview the movements of your oppenent and play fast.

You are just worried. And your friends are also, because you cannot play fast. This version'll show who are really good in this game. The speed versions are for the real good players. So it's possible you make a match inside 10secs (fod's clock). 10 secs are something like 40 secs in the real time.

If I'm not chating, I can do a match in 7secs. There are starts that I'm not so good. Probally I'll take more time to end. But I don't see any problem in that.
even proggers cant do it,the only way they can beat if opponent is a little bit slower.

The slower players can banned for while if they don't know play fast. The 10min are for the slower players. This is the better place for them.
''Bullet rooms don't help much against proggers. The reason is the animation for moves is so slow. I'm pretty sure most proggers can play in even a 30 sec room if they choose to focus on the game.''
 (Viriilink) 

Yes, this is right. The animation of moves need to be really faster. This animation encourages the program users to play on this website. Please, Moderation, do you think this animation can be changed, improved?

Thanks,
J-P.
Faster animations or slow animations, the proggers will continue progging. There's not difference. Even at the blip.se there were some proggers. The blip.se was faster.

Anyway, I suggested this game principaly to become this game more funny. And 10secs'd be interesting to play. No much time to think.
For Parasita:
Im talking for you?
Sorry i just read the 1st post of Streaming and i gave my opinion,i didnt read all others..
--------------------------------------------------------
Anyway those ideas for Connect 4 will never succeed..
The situation will stay same...
But if anything changes i will still be happy,cuz i like new things just bring it!
If everything new shows up it will be good for FOD!:)
Streaming I saw you couple of times in C4...And you were gray colour..(newcomer)And then suddenly you want changes around here..You talking like A pro..:S i dont get it :)
Maybe you played somewhere else...idk..Its weird:p

Bonjour, si le graphique est lent ce n'est pas vraiment un problème, si on peut jouer en 10secondes. Car même si les proggers les plus expérimenté arrivent à jouer vite. Il ne faut pas que leur programme bug un coup! Et sur certaines stratégie les programmes sont plus long ( apparemment ) Et si le joueur joue vite, il laisse moins de temps au progger de faire tourner le programme! Accélérer le graphique ( les boules ) je trouve que c'est une très mauvaise idée pour se qui sont moins fort ( car beaucoup de personne ça pourraient les perturber ) Et 10secondes cela me semble raisonnable ( tu as le temps de jouer, de réfléchir et même de parler ! ) 

Autre remarque : sur ce site je trouve qui manque beaucoup de compétition ( le temps pas assez rapide et pas de tournois " pour le fun " ! ) Ce qui pourrait attiré du monde, vous ne croyez pas ? 

TRADUCTION :

Hello, if the graph is slow it's not really a problem, if we can play in 10 seconds. For even if the more experienced proggers come to play fast. Do not bug their program a hit! Strategy and some programs are longer (apparently) if the player plays fast, it leaves less time to Progger to run the program! Accelerate the graph (the balls) I think it's a very bad idea to which are weaker (as many people that could disrupt), and 10 seconds it seems reasonable to me (you have time to play, reflect and even talk!)

Another note: I find on this site is missing a lot of competition (time not fast enough and no tournaments "for fun!") Which might attract the world do not you think?
I don't  think so they can fast less than 10 secs. The faster prog's that I saw it was 15 secs. The first rows they can fast. Until the end of the game, they lose 1sec per movement.

30 sec, 1 min or 2 mins it doesn't matter...
I Think the most important thing is >> Create Bullet Rooms << 
First of all it will minimize the number of cheaters (it's a big good thing),
Then honests player can play without problem.
If it happens, it will be a very good effort from FOD :)

Good Luck To All

Streaming
 :p
I personally think this is a great idea as well. 
The problem is of course the super-slow animation which would allow ppl to use programs even if it's only 10 sec for the whole game.

The dream scenario would be to see a bullet room without the slow animation. However it's hard to imagine it becoming more than just a dream. 
I agree stop the cheaters :)

[Edited by: Translator on Nov 26, 2011 3:56 PM]
I agree stop the cheaters

[Edited by: Translator on Nov 26, 2011 3:56 PM]
Wherein lies the fun to play quick games? Better focus on slow games with variation to challenge the mind.
i dont know if its the animation or the server or my connection but it takes me at least 3 seconds before i can even make a move (thats if i know where i want to go).