« Back to All Topics
8 Ball, Move
Posted in 
Billiards
8 Ball, Move
Posted in 
Billiards
8 Ball, Move
I've been playing here for a while now and I'm still not sure what the norm is on the servers. Is it ok to move or is it not? I'm sure this has been asked several times before, but I want to make sure.

Some people seem to rage quit - or at least get angry - if you do it and others agree that it's the rules of the game and should be followed. I personally tend to agree with the latter, why should I be punished for your bad shot? Sometimes after a snooker. In Snooker (the game) that would be a free shot, in 8 ball people might rage quit even if you move it a few centimeters. 

What do you think about this matter and how should one act when playing a game here? Should I ask first or just move? If the opponent chooses not to move, should I also not move? Is it okay to move in certain situations and not in other?
i agree with you - the rules are there to be exploited. if someone doesnt like you to move - tough. the thing i like doing is if your opponent says no move, just agree and when you get a chance after their foul, just move and say you lied, it winds them up even more. i play the game as per the rules, otherwise it would be a rubbish game to play.
You should move.
Thats the rules - its not your fault when your opponent makes a foul.

I agree with what Tommy says,but....it is a game of skill,i choose not to move when i play,because it is more challenging,and i have been ranked as high as a 4 ball,but just because i move,i'm past caring if my opponent moves,feel free to move if you choose,as its in the rules. 
Moving may be the rules but if someone wants to add more challenge to the game and not just chase points, they should consider NOT DOING THE MOVE and simply ask their opponent if they would consider "no moves?" if no reply then just both play moves. Don't say yes and then do your move and say you lied. That is very bad sportsmanship and very childlike to say the least.