Forums » Billiards
2-9 combo off break
Replies: 21   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: ж2σξзж (Jan 26, 2003 3:13 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 21   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]
dennis72

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 9, 2003 6:34 AM
Ok. Ty m8 !!!

ed_

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 11, 2003 10:06 AM
well to begin with the 2-9 is a legal shot.
takes more skill to now how to do it then it does to do a snooker break and then try to foul a player out to get the win.
The 2-9 is and will stay a legal shot on easyriders and anyone that doesnt want to play on easyriders because of it is more then welcome to withdraw.
im not going to set up a bunch of stupid rules about legal shots.
as for sgi's league if you want to be put in the penelty box for doing the 2-9 or a 9 combo join her's
you peopel complaned about the 9 on the break got it banned now you want to bann the 2-9 whats next,cant shot the 9 if it's a straight in shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ж2σξзж

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 11, 2003 12:40 PM
I don't ever remember critsizing Easy league for allowing the 2-9 break.
Nobody is ever put in the box on Sginetta league for doing the 2-9 break, they simply don't get a win for it.
Nobody has ever been put in the box for it either.
There are league rules that we ask people to respect and when they don't respect them they may be put in the box for not playing the league rules, nothing else.
If you don't like it you don't have to play in Sginetta league.

2of3

Roxanne.

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 23, 2003 7:59 PM

Let me first say that I agree with you that it is a shame about the amount of games lost by that 2 9 shot.
And that I posted a no vote in easy.

That being said...no one has really mentioned the actual fact here...that is the way the game program has been written...if you hit that one ball with the cue ball, on the break, right...there...this will happen...you can sink the nine in the corner off the two. All the arguing in the world isn't going to change that.

It isn't anyone's fault. It just is. Arguements...It's not fair...it's cheating...it's not sporting. I agree it's not sporting. But I don't feel that you can MAKE anybody who doesn't do the right thing on their own, do it because of a rule. Bad sports are bad sports.

On the other hand. It IS NOT cheating. If it was cheating...A. The game would give a foul, and you would get ball in hand. B. It's a perfectly legal nine ball shot...anywhere in the world. So...you got the people who gladly take the quick win...and you got the people who want to see what is going to happen if an actual game is played. I suggest people find those who feel the same about the issue and play with each other...because this argument CANNOT be "won" by anyone.

Mr Bishi

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 23, 2003 10:38 PM
Welcome to the forums Roxanne. You're managing to put your point across quite nicely without resorting to insults or bad language. And that's always welcome here. And I'm sorry for this, but I couldn't resist...

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night
Roxanne, you don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Put on the red light, put on the red light
Put on the red light, oh

I loved you since I knew ya
I wouldn't talk down to ya
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy
I know my mind is made up
So put away your make up
Told you once I won't tell you again it's a bad way

You don't have to put on the red light

Roxanne.

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 24, 2003 6:04 AM

I've never heard that one before Mr. Bishi. NOT!! LOL.

Roxanne

ж2σξзж

Re: 2-9 combo off break Posted: Jan 26, 2003 3:13 AM
@Roxanne :- "On the other hand. It IS NOT cheating. If it was cheating...A. The game would give a foul, and you would get ball in hand. B. It's a perfectly legal nine ball shot...anywhere in the world. So...you got the people who gladly take the quick win...and you got the people who want to see what is going to happen if an actual game is played. I suggest people find those who feel the same about the issue and play with each other...because this argument CANNOT be "won" by anyone."

You're right, it's not cheating and legal in FlyorDie.
The group of people that don't like this way of winning have got together in a league;- Sginetta, and play together there.
The rule was made because the players wanted it that way.

Play fair, have fun.

Replies: 21   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page