« Back to All Topics
2-9 combo off break
Posted in 
Billiards
2-9 combo off break
Posted in 
Billiards
2-9 combo off break
I'm sure alot of ppl on fod like this "trick" but im tired of it. I think it shouldn't be allowed on this site. It's a cheap win for some1 desperate for a win and points. Bein 15 im sure u wont even pay attention to this message but plz think about. I'm not even sure if u can control that. Anyone plz support me.
I agree Gene... its very annoying now... i've stopped doing it..

fod should change it
Hi LilGene, I hate the 2-9 break too, it's a cheap way to win.
Join Sginetta league, there the 2-9 break is not allowed & the person who plays it gets a loss.
We also don't allow 9 ball combos after any sort of foul, this stops people playing snookers to win the game.
Down with cheats.
Play fair.
Have fun.

www.myleague.com/sginetta  the fairest league in FlyorDie.
ty 2of3 but i dont think sgi likes me. She kicked me cuz me and my bro were in te league and both joined from same pc. Even though i told her we only had 1 pc she said 1 of us had to leave, but ty 4 invite.
Hi LilGene, sry to hear that. The cases admin system would show you and your brothers names as being the same person, from either the Email or the IP of your pc.
Unfortunately there are plenty of people who try to make 2 nicks or more with the same story (thats my brother).
There is no way that the admins can tell if you are telling the truth or not, please understand this and don't take it personally.
You are welcome to join but we can only allow 1 nick from 1 pc unless someone who we know can vouch for you.
If you and your brother join different leagues you will both be able to play without this problem.
I hope you understand our problem of trying to stop the people who cheat with multiple nicks, and I'm sorry it affected you in this way.

2of3

sorry for being ignorant

But what is the 2-9 combo off break?? lol

Dave
its just this dumb trick that involves no skill Fred
2of3... cuz my bro left league also a long time ago would i be allowed to join again?
I have stoped the 2-9 combo break also.... but there is so many ways to do it there would be no way to break if you could not do a 2-9 break how would u break
Hi LilGene, yes you would be welcome to join.
Just please remember we only allow 1 nick per pc and please read the rules under the link on the main page.
These rules are strictly enforced for your own good as well as those of other players.

http://www.myleague.com/sginetta

2of3

Hi Green Goblin, hope you are well.
There are many ways to do a 2-9 break but it doesn't mean you have to take the 2-9 combo that is possible after it.
You can play 'fair' and just pot the 2ball alone without taking the combo.
A cheap win isn't worth much.

2of3   ;)
Hi ppl...

Please tell me what a 2-9 combo is so i don´t upset anyone by mistake.
Have no idea what it is???

Play well m8´s!!! 
Yeah I'd like to know too. Is this some special 9 ball thing? I'm guessing it's along the same lines as the 'reverse break' trick in 8-ball? 

The so-called 2-9 break is a break which usually pots the 1 ball in the right middle pocket & leaves a relatively easy 2-9 combination to pot the 9ball in the left corner pocket, finishing the game........a cheap way to win.
The person that doesn't break doesn't even get a shot.
There are unfortunately quite a lot of players that practice this just to get a cheap win.

Thats where most of the high ratings in 9ball come from.

I hope this answers your question.

Play fair.

2of3

Aha! Now I know. Thanks for enlightening us. :)
well to begin with the 2-9 is a legal shot.
takes more skill to now how to do it then it does to do a snooker break and then try to foul a player out to get the win.
 The 2-9 is and will stay a legal shot on easyriders and anyone that doesnt want to play on easyriders because of it is more then welcome to withdraw.
 im not going to set up a bunch of stupid rules about legal shots.
 as for sgi's league if you want to be put in the penelty box for doing the 2-9  or a 9 combo join her's
 you peopel complaned about the 9 on the break got it banned now you want to bann the 2-9 whats next,cant shot the 9 if it's a straight in shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't ever remember critsizing Easy league for allowing the 2-9 break.
Nobody is ever put in the box on Sginetta league for doing the 2-9 break, they simply don't get a win for it.
Nobody has ever been put in the box for it either.
There are league rules that we ask people to respect and when they don't respect them they may be put in the box for not playing the league rules, nothing else.
If you don't like it you don't have to play in Sginetta league.

2of3

Let me first say that I agree with you that it is a shame about the amount of games lost by that 2 9 shot.  
And that I posted a no vote in easy.

That being said...no one has really mentioned the actual fact here...that is the way the game program has been written...if you hit that one ball with the cue ball, on the break, right...there...this will happen...you can sink the nine in the corner off the two.  All the arguing in the world isn't going to change that.  

It isn't anyone's fault.  It just is.  Arguements...It's not fair...it's cheating...it's not sporting.  I agree it's not sporting.  But I don't feel that you can MAKE anybody who doesn't do the right thing on their own, do it because of a rule.  Bad sports are bad sports.

On the other hand.  It IS NOT cheating.  If it was cheating...A.  The game would give a foul, and you would get ball in hand.  B.  It's a perfectly legal nine ball shot...anywhere in the world.  So...you got the people who gladly take the quick win...and you got the people who want to see what is going to happen if an actual game is played.  I suggest people find those who feel the same about the issue and play with each other...because this argument CANNOT be "won" by anyone.  
Welcome to the forums 
Roxanne
. You're managing to put your point across quite nicely without resorting to insults or bad language. And that's always welcome here. And I'm sorry for this, but I couldn't resist...

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light 
Those days are over 
You don't have to sell your body to the night 
Roxanne, you don't have to wear that dress tonight 
Walk the streets for money 
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right 

Put on the red light, put on the red light 
Put on the red light, oh 

I loved you since I knew ya 
I wouldn't talk down to ya 
I have to tell you just how I feel 
I won't share you with another boy 
I know my mind is made up 
So put away your make up 
Told you once I won't tell you again it's a bad way 

You don't have to put on the red light 

I've never heard that one before Mr. Bishi.  NOT!!  LOL.

Roxanne

@Roxanne :- "On the other hand. It IS NOT cheating. If it was cheating...A. The game would give a foul, and you would get ball in hand. B. It's a perfectly legal nine ball shot...anywhere in the world. So...you got the people who gladly take the quick win...and you got the people who want to see what is going to happen if an actual game is played. I suggest people find those who feel the same about the issue and play with each other...because this argument CANNOT be "won" by anyone."

You're right, it's not cheating and legal in FlyorDie.
The group of people that don't like this way of winning have got together in a league;- Sginetta, and play together there. ;)
The rule was made because the players wanted it that way.

Play fair, have fun.