« Back to All Topics
9 ball 'disconnection' bugged game?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
A few weeks ago something very unusual happened in my game and happened again tonight. I was playing a bo5 in 9 ball against dranka it was 2-1 to me and i had an easy 4 ball clear to win. This was an important game to me as a win would have given me a (2) my highest ever rating in 9 ball, and would also have put me within 20 points of crown. All of a sudden very mysteriously I lost connection and ended up in lobby meaning i lost the match (meanwhile all other devices in my household were still connected to the internet at this time. As you can imagine I was a little bit cross to say the least. So tonight I just started to recover and get back to winning ways and was leading 2-0 against Anthony McGill again in 9 ball bo5. I suddenly and very mysteriously 'lost connection' again. Strange set of circumstances huh? Again when I had a high rating, again when winning, again no other devices in my household lost connection. Just for the record my internet connection has always been excellent and this never happens in any other game, and never happens when my rating is low or regular. So I have come to the conclusion that something or somebody is making me lose on purpose and I'm not happy about it. I expect a swift response and an explanation. If I don't get the response I'm hoping for I intend to withdraw my subscription for this website Kind regards, Mike (p dash).
Well Mike

Still no response...

FlyorDie Moderators, Op whoever?

Any sort of a reply would be only fair.
A lot of people are getting sick of paying out
real money in a subscription monthly/yearly to a game
site that seems to have no respect to its customers.

Im on this site since 2010 and in the last 2 years or so it seems to have really gone downhill in my and lots of others opinion..

Here is another thing..

Grand prix points are also not all been added to peoples overall score consistantely. Im currently missing a 5th place (10 points) since Monday the 1st of Febuary. I finished 5th place in blackball tournament and these points just havnt been added to my grand prix. I did not have any other billiards points this week.

I also await a response.

Thanks

Damien.
p dash 
I agree with you I have also turned off a few games.
Hi

Yes OPERATOR thank you for that reply but as i said that 5th place on the 1st of Febuary was the only placing i got that week in any billiard event.
If you want to look at my current grand prix points you will see i have got one 5th place finish.
This is from darts 501 tournament on the 7th of January.
I am 100% correct about this and its not the first time ive noticed this happening. 

I await your response

Thanks Damien
OK, maybe it is not very clear how it works, so I'll try to explain:

you have 25 points in 8-ball GP

http://www.flyordie.com/grandprix/2016/8ball.html

and 16 points in pool (excluding 8-ball)

http://www.flyordie.com/grandprix/2016/pool.html

therefore the 16 points in your "pool" GP is not added to your overall points, only the 25 points for your 8-ball GP.

This can change, however, if you win another (non-8ball) pool event, and your pool GP points will be higher than your 8-ball GP points.

Hope it is clearer now.

❤️
if the sites that bad then dont play it SIMPLE :d
Hi

Okay sorry i had a wrong understanding of it.

I thought it was done weekly between 8ball and non 8ball whichever you had more points in.

I think now the billiard players are at a disadvantage in grand prix compared to lets say a board game player. Anyway thats another debate for another day :)

Thank you for clearing that up with me and explaining it in good detail.

Cheers

Damien           Ps. No need to be so smart sunshine ^:^
Don't be sad try to find someone to check your connection. I had similar experience. I played with someone (forgot) that is much higher rate then me in bo5 match. That time the ratio is 1:2 and I would win the game if I pot the black. But it disconnected! How disappointed! Luckily my rate didn't drop too much. Therefore, everyone meet unlucky things not only you, not to mention this is just a game. Don't be so angry and nervous in your rate.