« Back to All Topics
whats the problem with moving the cue ball?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
why do players think that you are breaking the rules if you move the cue ball after our opponent fouls
Well, if they complain about that, then they don't know the rules of this specific game. You can point it out to them but if they keep complaining, there's nothing you can do.
Some seem to think it is a thing of honor, it seems. I generally do not move because I like the challenge of making a more difficult shot without moving. I will move if the opponent moves only and will never move on an 8 ball shot. There should not be a problem either way but some like to make it one. Some will even question you when you move but it's ok when they themselves move....I don't get it. An awful lot of bad blood on here just to get stupid points. Makes me want to stop coming here because it annoys me that people be so shallow even playing a game.
 I'm with jonnysan on this,i don't move either,and i never will,i find it more of a challenge not moving,i did have a problem against players moving,but as it is part of the rules,it's fine by me now,in the past,i have reached 550+ without moving in 8 ball, i also play some shots using overhead view :)..my choice.after all...it's only a game..gl to all :)
Because it's a stick and ball game!! .. 

NOT a Pick up the ball and put it where you prefer it game! 

Cue hits ball, hits ball and so on. no Hands involved . ;-)
So if you were playing on a real table you wouldn't move then?. Hands are involved anyway...how else would you move the mouse?
its the rules they apply to and for everybody just the way it is does not matter if u like it or not,personally i don't care for it but its not at all a big deal just accept it as part of the game,and it is just a game.if they move i will move if i have to only because they did,and i adimt the thought of move will cut out slop.any way that said,just played 2 games wont mention any names LIAM1612 he wrote in chat box very begining NO MOVE ok dont like being told what to do but respect the request any last shot 2nd game i shot make 9 ball and scratch this  moves and makes 9 ball and leaves 

[Edited by: Don Tico on Aug 16, 2017 8:55 PM]
its the rules they apply to and for everybody, just the way it is ,does not matter if u like it or not,personally i don't care for it, but its not at all a big deal, just accept it as part of the game,and it is just a game.if they move i will move if i have to, only because they did,and i adimt the thought of a move will cut out slop.any way that said,just played[correction] 3 games wont mention any names LIAM1612  wrote in chat box  at the very begining{ NO MOVE }i ok dont like being ordered what to do but respect the request anyway. last shot 3rd game i shot make 9 ball and scratch. this person moves and makes 9 ball and leaves .that is cheating maybe not to a computer ,but it is to humans.we had a agreement.when they said no move they lied/when they moved they cheated/they did both to steal points/when they left they were runing away=coward.i could care less about the points ,and losing do it quite often, oh its the end of the world, NOT.you can tell alot about a person from playing pool with them and never even meet them.it is absolutely amazing that we can look at a screen hit a ball down table and watch it in real time,the planning ,creativity,hard work to put the technology together to sit in our homes and enjoy it.its  truly amazing.but there is always someone who just has to trash it.my first post of this was cut,from reading other post nothing here is out of line .the event is fact.the rest is my opinion.u dont like ok.but do not cut it.post all or none.ps:there is no problem with moving the cue ball.AND WHERE DO U GET THE THUMBS UP AND SMILEY FACES!
seriously where do u get the thumbs up and faces and stuff and havent been able to find them probably right in front of me .and thanks
Thumbs up is (Y), thumbs down is (N) smiley face is :), laughing is :D ( can sometimes be construed as laughing at someone which can PO peeps.

No problem. Just some (N) players think that it is unfair! I always move after foul. In real competition, all players move! Who thinks moving is breaking the rules? WHY SHOULD WE LISTEN TO THEM? 
in all sports players PLAY THE RULES, so don't try to change them, those are the rules here so PLAY THE RULES!

In fact, is there any rules say that we can't move the cue ball? If yes, give me the website so that I can read the rules!
Hi, 

Is there any rules say that we can't move the cue ball? No, not here.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant whatever the game allows you should play to your advantage. So if the game allows move, then move is fine.

I think the rules this game is based on is 8 ball world pool rules.

I have played pool for a long time and all around the world. One pub I played in, in the middle of nowhere in Australia, had no foul rules, they just said try to play all the time and if the other player fouled by mistake, then just take your shot and get on with it. It was great but we could not play that here on Fly or Die lol.

Very happy that you say that Clever git. In fact, Git, do you move? Also, about rules, there is a rule that I think is unreasonable. It is that if you pot wrong ball or wrong pocket, it is not a foul. I think, in my knowledge, it is breaking the rules. Is this rule used in the world pool rules?
Yes I move, the game allows me, so I do it.

'you pot wrong ball or wrong pocket' you need to clarify here please.

If you mean in pro rules (8 ball), then we are talking about another subject, this subject is 'rubbish rules' and if you think a game has rubbish rules then the answer is simply don't play the game. I don't play pro rules for this reason.

In 9 ball players seem to want to change the rules the most. 9 ball is designed as a quick exciting game, but if you shoot out 9 balls in a row then that is the real skill side of the game. A 9 ball match is usually a lot of games, wining one game the short way does not mean much. 9 ball pro, is not a bad game. 

There are problems on this site with the snooker game, this is because the only way you can really play snooker properly is with a referee. But the basic snooker rules here are about as good as you could get for a computer game online. Pro rules are fine too if you want to play that game, but I am not keen, so I just play basic. 

You think I mean not to add pro rules? No. I just would like to ask the game company about this, because I checked the pro rules. It emphasizes that it is not a foul but not only the system error. Therefore, I would like to reflect my opinion to the company and try to change this rule. In fact, I like all the rules except the rule that I mentioned. Not flukes and much fair. 
Anyway, thanks for publishing our opinions each other, clever git! :)
I am not quite sure we are talking about the same thing.

I played pro 8 ball a while ago. 

My opponent nominated one pocket and potted a ball into a different pocket. 

This was not a foul but it was the end of his shot/visit.

It was then my turn and I was snookered. My opponent had done this as a tactic.

(is it still the rules of pro?)

Fine, I don't blame him, he is playing the rules of the game.

But I find this a ridiculous arrangement. My opinion is that this is not in the spirit of billiards. If other players want to play this this then good luck to them. But I will not!
And nice talking to you too :)

I also don't think it is a good sportsmanship. I seldom do this unless I have really no chance and no choice.:) 

However, I seldom meet this kind of people. Can you suggest some players?