« Back to All Topics
points system
Posted in 
Billiards
points system
Posted in 
Billiards
points system
y does the system take points of u everyday u play to get them and it should be a benefit to subscribers but it aint ;\
yea non-subs should be "taxed" 2 points per day. Subs should keep all their points
It's nothing to do with subscribing. Ratings are used to judge your current ability, and it's presumed that if you don't play you'll lose practice. The longer you leave it, the lower you are rated. It stops players making a rating then leaving it because it's high. That way you know the top players are actually those playing well, and not just latent accounts.
Losing them per day is stupid...a week without a game is fair enough. Per day = stupid
Money Shot was exactly right,

You are taxed a point (or 2 if your over 500) a day.
This is in place to encourage high rated players to play instead of getting crown and stoping.

A couple months ago FOD did turn this system off musch to the delight of frequent point craving FOD players, however they soon realised that only 2 of the Top 20 players in Tanx actually played rated. (you have a choice between rated or non rated matches) Afrer a few complaints from Tanxters they have re-enstated the rule.

Personally I belive this rule is not needed in Billiards seeing as there are many players who could achive the crown if they manage to have 1 good day in pool,

However in Tanx where you only get 1 or 2 points per kill and rarley can get more than 50 points in 1 hour and are only a handful of truly good players people like to stop playing when they get a good rating.

Good for Billiards ? Not really needed
Good for Tanx ? Yes
I GOT TO AGREE WITH SNIPE

OMG never thought id say those 5 words :)
ex that was 6 words :)

and i think you should only lose points if you havent played for a while..not daily :( but whats my opinion on this site? :D
Although I agree to Money $hot I dislike the points-lose-rule very much. Players who arent very good are surely bothered with losing points everday. Players who are high rated and who are very good have a way higher ability of scoring points than low rated players. I think low rated players (non-subscribers) until 200 or something should not lose points. MAYBE Subscribers should not lose rating points until they are 250-300. So its a benefit for members as well. With this idea the crown would have to fight and good players would have to fight as well  and the worse ones could train and become better everday. Its pretty annoying if you lose your (yellow) because you dont play.
Concept I aint a word its a letter :p
no you are a person

thats like saying snipe is a nickname :p which lowers it to 4 words :(