« Back to All Topics
Time limit on shots
Posted in 
Billiards
Time limit on shots
Posted in 
Billiards
Time limit on shots
Do you ever get a little bit impatient when an opponent takes the the whole 60 seconds to make a shot? He just sits there with no activity. He shoots when the timer reaches 1 sec. If he makes the shot then you wait another 60 seconds and so on and so on. When this happens I leave the game.  Maybe it's me not having enough patience. I think the time limit for shooting should be about 30 seconds. That still is plenty of time to plan a shot I think.  Any thoughts?
I wholeheartedly AGREE as well and have experienced the same aggravating and discourteous tactic to PO the opponent enough to get a free win on a game and points. 
I vote for CHANGING SHOT TIMING TO 30 SECONDS!!
Sorry to disagree, but you know what the time limit is before you play. If someone likes to use all their time to take a shot that's their perogative. Personally I don't care if they take 1 minute or 1 second. It dossn't get on my nerves. Anyway why not do it back to them, they probably don't like other players doing it to them. 
Mr Mkgill, 
You can't know the player's personality! although I am not that kind of player, some bad players really do that.
Therefore, I totally agree the time limit is 30 seconds, even 25 is enough, just like the 6-red snooker.:)
What I'm saying is - you know the time limit - don't complain if players use it all. If you want a game with less time, why not ask FOD whether it is possible to have one!
What is FOD? Also, I think many people have to work (at least in my country yes). It is really annoying that the opponent wasting the time. Games are relaxing, not wasting time and winning. It is really impolite to use 59 seconds in one shot! I really don't know why some players have much time to play. Some people may say that he is busy. But sorry, I think it is just a excuse. We should focus on the game. Finish it then continue working!
yes, it is really boring to wait 30+ secs every shot
Yes watching players like RickMinotauro/Tirano taking 55seconds on even simple shots is just gamesmanship it is meant to be a game for enjoyment. But until the rules are changed nothing can be done.