« Back to All Topics
Call That Pocket
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Call That Pocket
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Call That Pocket
Im sure this has happened to everyone....A player hits the 8 ball, bounces it off 1000 rails and it magiacally lands in a pocket.  This is totally unfair.  It think there should be a rule that makes the shooter call the pocket (those familiar with 8 ball rules know this term)  And if they miss that pocket they loose the game. ITS SO ANNONG WHEN A DUDE MAGICALLY POCKETS THE 8 AND LEAVES WITH HALF OF YOUR HARD EARNED POINTS!!!!!!!!!!
As you say in another post,,,,,,,,,,,

" Deal with it "

:D . 
Thats how you probally won all your points  eh?
>>>And if they miss that pocket they loose the game
what kind of pool do you play? :p
if you call a pocket and miss its not over
UNLESS you pot it in a pocket other than what you called it ;)
Thats what i meant by it concept....thanks for clearing that up
Nah, I like the sound of that idea, I absolutely hate it when they slam it randomly and they win, especially when they run straight after. :D
lol as i say, play by the actual rules of the game - not by the rules that suit your needs :)
How do i communicate my idea to FOD?
from what i under stand people have posted stuff like this be4. it takes along time to make improvments. if they do get to it itll b under anouncments.

]:) halogeek92 ]:)
It's a real 8ball rule Air and it's a good one that needs to be on FlyOrDie soon. :D
dats exactly wat treble_champs dos to me den he runs !!!!!!! x-) its so annoyin :_|
okay, so you guys have took this into account on the negative view, but think about the positibe now.. surely you do this as much as it has been done to you! Would you rather choose your pockets and when you pot in wrong pocket by accident, you get a "foul" and they have free ball to move anywhere on table and win the game? Or would you rather play by the rules fod have set now and fluke all you want :p:p:p
sure if you want to be cheap......however i dont take blind shots at the 8...i actually aim
lol yes we all aim, but if we miss sometimes we end up potting after hitting 5+ rails :).

I was just stating a point which needs to be encountered beacause sometimes the game goes in favour of you, other times it doesnt.

I dont mind what happens in 8.. im a snooker guy :p
didnt mean to sound cross fusion...sorry.....
you snooker playing maniac
and i didn't mean to insult you in anyway :p but come to think about it, it does sound like a good idea! I was a little ;\ with the idea because i usually fluke on the 8 :D
Yeah let us just change all the rules FOD has, if we miss we expect the ball to go in the pocket everytime and we have a happy fun time and little angels dance around your screen while your playing. STOP TRYING TO GET UNREAL IMPROVEMENTS !!!!
Why is it an unrealistic (not unreal) improvement?
super polack is angry at the world for obvious reasons lol
NO IT US UNREAL YOU PEASANT ! IT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE AND IS THEREFORE.... UNREAL !
polack what are you on about? in real pool you do call all your pockets
you dont have to call the obvious ones just the combos and banks

so whats "unreal" about it?
uh-oh looks like polack is gonna explode with rage because he is wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnng! ;-) watch pool on the TV sometime, you ever watch Jeanette Lee? shes my favourite...9-ball player...excellent player 
Don't think it's really appropriate to call me a pesant.
I call pocket on 8 ball when it's on a cushion :)
English 8 Ball Pub Rules : 

Never have to call anything.

Go Look.

Peasants.
1 this aint england
2 this aint a pub
3 vital difference here; we arent drunk crazies
4 it was just a suggestion

lighten up 
well you know..everyone here isnt fortunate to be english (sarcasm) :|
so the rules suit to many people but REAL rules (not pub) say you MUST call pockets

and to halogeek..stop bumping every topic that is still recent
1)  ALLREADY BEEN A FEATURE ABOUT 4 OR 5 YEARS AGO WITH SOLWARE/FLYORDIE, TO NOMINATE A POCKET FOR THE 8 BALL FOR THAT REASON.
HOPE TO SEE THIS RULE RE-INSTATED.:)

2) BALL IN HAND DIDN'T EVEN EXIST BEYOND THE WHITE LINE LINE FOR THE 8 BALL BEFORE THE ROOMS WERE CHANGED AND UPGRADED
THESE RULES DO NOT EXIST IN BILLIARDS CLUBS,PUBS ,POOL HALLS OR OTHER SOCIAL BILLIARDS ORGANISATIONS THAT WANT TO PLAY BY THE BOOK.
BE GOOD TO SEE THE OLD RULES AGAIN GOTTA ADMIT IT!

:p gimps 

any time jamez.... and yea messiah..i wish the REAL rules, not the rules of drunk poolsharks, were back in effect
I'm English. Pub rules is more of an expression, they don't have to played in pubs. We aren't pub "crazies". Shut your face. 

Peasant.
virtual threats! im shaking im my boots!
just what are 
you
  gonna do to make 
me
 "shut my face" as you so arrogantly put it? are you gonna send me a angry missive? moan and groan to moderators that im being a brute?? and stop with the peasents..its pathetic..you just make yourself sound stupid
GOD I FEEL ASHAMED TO BE BRITISH WITH IDIOTS LIKE SUPER PILLOCK - PLEASE SOMEONE BAN HIM!
and to think...hes considered super!!!!!