« Back to All Topics
I've figured out why 9 ball is not played much anymore
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
I go into 9 ball once and awhile just to keep up on the game. I played a person who didn't like losing to me. I always let the opponent re-challenge rather than running like many seem to do to "get those point" as if their was a $1000 reward in them. So sad. Anyway, this guy was having trouble beating me so he decided that he was going to start playing dirty by hiding the ball as much as he could instead of just playing the shots. He managed to fowl me out to win the game by playing that way instead of playing cleanly. He really pissed me off playing that way. I realized that if many played like this at 9 ball, then there would not be many playing there......AND THAT IS THE CASE. Why can't people just play the game and not be so nasty.
i agree 9ball is the much better game but it requires more skill so all the rookies stay in 8ball. 
This post really should be a new one rather than a reply to what I've already posted. Sad to say, I am starting to notice A LOT of the same thing going on in 8 ball now as well. I just finished playing 2 people tonite, both of which had the same "tactic" or "strategy" as some may call it. Does FOD pay players $$$ for accumulating points? Is there some sort of BIG PAYBACK for playing like there's thousands of $$$$ on the game?? WTH drives people to go to such low depths just to win a freekin pool game online? I have a great deal of fun when I find someone who can play a clean game without stupid little tricks like hiding the ball, playing a no-move game until the 8 ball shot and then moving, or just plain poor sportsmanship. No class on this site anymore sad to say. I've been on here since 2006 I think and have really noticed a tremendous decline in good sportsmanship. Soon I will be dropping FOD for the sake of my own sanity. So aggravating having to play against people like that.