New Features?
Posted in 
Billiards
New Features?
Posted in 
Billiards
New Features?
Hi all,

I had an idea that I was kicking around for new feature that FOD could include for sub members (since we are paying :)). If there was a way that we could check all time records against another player, and what we placed in all the tournies we played.  I know this will probably take alot of disk space from the servers, but this will be a cool feature. Not to meantion the fact, it will put an end to the debate of "whoes better"

Let me know what you guys think, and if I should let the admins know. Also, write in any suggestions you guys might have for some new features.

Ĉrown Thief
for example:

LoneShark Vs Concept = 35 - 22
Yes I really like this idea and I think others do too.

Your highest break would be a nice feature.

Highest break of the day (as table on homepage).
I'm not sure that this is possible, because I doubt that they have all the relevent data saved.

Whilst I can understand stats like "highest break" or "number of cents" being included in each player's data, individual records don't really prove what you want to see. You could beat a player 100 times out of 100 one month, then he could get better without playing you again. The best stat is the rating, so maybe they could include the "highest rating" reached - but even then this is only relevent to the time it was achieved.
>You could beat a player 100 times out of 100 one month, then he could get better without playing you again.

that's very true, and with all due respect...there will probably always be arguements on whoes better no matter what kind of data you present. But at least this way, you can see some stats. Im pretty sure FOD can create this since they show your last 10 matches and results and what the outcome was if played with the same person more than once. Also, I know it will be impossible to gather old data and put it in, I would be assuming that it will start from the day they introduce it.
If nothing else, it would make for some "interesting" topics in here... ;)