« Back to All Topics
Looking for a few good players...
Posted in 
Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Anyone interested in creating new game scenarios for the existing TANX gaming environments?

If you are not sure about what I am talking about please refer to my previous posting entitled
"The 3 vs 3 Proposal".

Looking for players who are not only creative but who believe in good sportsmanship and honoring the rules of play.  

If you are interested please respond.  If you are not interested nor have anything constructive to add please move on to the next topic and have a great day.
Very nicely worded callmeishmael.

I am thoroughly (spelling?:|) in support of "The 2 vs 3 Proposal", great idea. :D
D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*3 vs 3. :|
Well certainly i would assist you in this situation but the dilemma comes along  , in what context do you mean ?

Do you mean actually create a new map or just make teamed operations in the current maps ?
First of all I want to thank James (sorry I don’t know how to make your trade mark symbol) and TANK_MASTER for replying.

To answer your question TANK_MASTER I think any new game scenarios would have to use the current maps.  I don’t know of any way to create new maps or to alter the existing ones.

Here is a scenario that I’ve been working on.  It’ll give everyone an idea of the direction my thinking is going.

I call this KILL THE KING, for lack of a better title:

The Setup:
Classic Op w/ power-ups
2 teams – 4 players each

The defending team places a tank in the crater where the SHIELD appears.  This tank is placed directly over the SHIELD point.  This tank cannot move but it can defend itself.  This tank is THE KING.  The remaining 3 tanks are its defenders.

The attacking team uses only 3 players in the op.  The 4th player stays in observation.  This observing player is responsible for making sure the other players, both attackers and defenders, follow the rules.

The Rules:
1. The only tank that can use grenades is THE KING.
2. No stocking up on weapons before play begins.
Which leads to…
3. THE KING only gets to use the weapons stores that he/she gets when they enter the Op.  THE KING must ration.
4. THE KING is the only player restricted to a particular part of the map.
5. No player gets to use the blue power-up.
6. No player gets to use the accelerator power-up.
7. No player may re-energize during the game.
Which leads to…
8. In this version of the game once a tank is destroyed the player is out of the game.  (Another way to play this would be once a tank is destroyed that player remains out of the game for a specified period of time.  If the player still has teammates in the game after this period of time has elapsed the player may re-enter the game.  The actual length of this period of time would be  decided once an average game length has been determined. The observing player would also be the timekeeper).

The Objective:
The game ends when either THE KING is destroyed or there are no remaining attackers.

I know it looks like a lot of rules and directions but I think its basically pretty simple and open to many variations.

So let me know what you think.  

ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM OR IDEAS ARE MOST WELCOME.  IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST OR ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY PLEASE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Sorry. Jamez - not James.

My bad.
I would be glad to help u but i have 1 question?

do u mean team battles or making maps for team battles
I'm talking about games, most of them will probably be team oriented, that use the existing elements in TANX.  Games like the KILL THE KING scenario I just described.
I think thats a good game ishmael,tho I'm getting mixed up with the number of players and what they do .

2 teams of 4 ,that makes 8.Only 6 allowed in game.Or am i suffering with this cold too much,that i cant think straight.? 
i think a ctf would be nice. Its in classic but the map kinda modified so theres 2 large crates.

-no powers no nades

-where the acclarator power was is a flag  

-the west creater has blue flag (blues)
-the east creater has red flag (reds)

west guy has to touch flag den its connected to him i has to drive bak to his base without getting killed 

-if he does den the flag just sits where he died 
-if enemy touch there only flag when its not in its creater it automactically goes bak to its creater
-if we touch it again we still have to drive bak to are flag

if u have enemy flag and u touch ur flag u get 1 point and thats it o and if ur on blue team ya tank is coloured blue if ur on red ur tank is red
Good idea Peter01:) It would be nice if ther was a CTF.
Except that y not make it Blue vs Purple use colours of pow ups
I think you guys might want to start thinking of senarios that can currently be played because I doubt there will be any modified fields in the next couple months.
I think the game should include more maps like a second snow place, another planet map(like pluto or venus), and more classic maps.There should be also achoice for Army Members in order for the operations to include enrgies.
Also 5 more ammos to each weapon will be useful.(not really)

Army Membership must be cheaper :d

To peter01:
I understand your confusion after reading my scenario description.  The 2 teams would breakdown this way: 

Team 1 - The defending team: 4 players(1 for THE KING, 3 for the defenders) 

Team 2 - The attacking team: 3 players.  

Then one additional player would be needed to be the referee/timekeeper.

To FiiRE .LIGHT.:
I actually don't know what a CTF is.

To Şŋΐρέ: 
You wrote - " I think you guys might want to start thinking of senarios that can currently be played because I doubt there will be any modified fields in the next couple months."

I absolutely agree.  I said something similar to this in my posting titled "The 3 vs 3 Proposal". 

My KILL THE KING game (described above in the original posting) is most certainly a scenario that can currently be played.

Here is another scenario that can currently be played.

I call it BLINDMAN TAGTEAM:

The Setup:
2 teams - 2 players each (at least 1 player must be an army member - i'll explain in a moment).

Game Maps: 
This can be played in either classic, mars, snow or sand. Whatever the map the Op is setup for 2 players with a password. 

Power-ups: 
Whether or not to use them would be up to the participating players.
(Personally I am  not a fan of power-ups.)

GamePlay:
Before the game begins all 4 players must have a way of covering the "Radar Map" on their computer screens - a post-it note should do the trick.

All 4 players start in the lobby area and decide on a password. Each team decides which of its players goes first. One of these two beginning players must be an army member.  The army member sets up the Op: again 2 players w/ the pre-decided password.  As soon as the Op is launched the other team player enters and the battle begins.

These two battle until one is destroyed. As soon as this happens the destroyed player ejects.  When he appears in the lobby his teammate enters the op. In the event that the two combatants destroy each other at the same time they will regenerate instead of ejecting so the op stays open.

The game ends in one of two ways:

1. The game is timed and the team with the higher score at the end of the time period wins.

2. The first team to reach a pre-determined score wins.

This game could actually be played 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1 depending on the talent, courage and ego of the single player.

Let me know what you think.

ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM OR IDEAS ARE MOST WELCOME. IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST OR ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY PLEASE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.
A variation on BLINDMAN TAGTEAM could be to have the two players that are not battling to be observing the battle.  They could secretly message their teammate as to where the other player is if they can't find them.  This could only work if the observation deck in the op is not full of onlookers.  I think only 5 players can observe an Op at a time but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the clarification peter.
FAT DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SPENT ALOT OF TIME TYPING THAT UP AND THEN U GO AND SAY! (I QUOTE)GOOD IDEA PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM VERY HURT :O:_|
:8}:8}:8}

SORRY BUT I JUST REASLIZED I HAD SAID 'good idea peter01:)' WHEN I SHOULD HAVE SAID 'good idea FiiRE.LIGHT.:)' MY BAD LOL EVEN THO THIS CONFESSION THING IS LIKE A FEW MONTHS LATER LOL