« Back to All Topics
DELIBRATE FOULS
Posted in 
Billiards
DELIBRATE FOULS
Posted in 
Billiards
DELIBRATE FOULS
It is unfair that players can do DELIBRATE FOUL.
Fly Or Die should do somethink about this as it a form of cheating & unfair to players who dont play this way.
PLEASE STOP PLAYER FROM DOING DELIBRATE FOUL FLY OR DIE. 
One topic on this is more than enough 
BLACK WATCH
, and it should really only be in the 
Billiards
 forum as it's only relevant to these games.

So to reiterate: How would you go about writing the code to stop a deliberate foul?
i dont know how to write the code to stop a deliberate foul?
at the end of the day i am just a subscribe so it should be down to fly or die to find the code to stop a deliberate foul?

Alright then, maybe that was the wrong choice of words. Try this: How could a computer program differentiate between an accidental foul and a deliberate foul? 

The code at the moment knows that a player either hits the wrong ball first, pots the white ball, pots an opponents ball or doesn't hit a rail. It then awards a foul to that players opponent. 

A 
professional
 foul is not always obvious to the human brain/eye, so we'd be talking about some pretty advanced AI to be able to overcome this problem?

Do-you-see?
i gotta say this for one i agree although the delibrate foul is kinda crap i have done it myself i am sure u aint the only person who it has happened 2 and u wont be the last the only reason it happens is becuase ppl dont wanna lose.this cant be fixed i doubt but it happens 2 me all the time so i just do it back 2 ppl.so y dont u just get other ppl back just delibrate foul yourself
Please learn how to play REAL pool before you post threads like this.... Delibrate fouls are part of the game , YES, even in real, profesional pool.......

end of story
Well MagiKal... I have to agree with you on this one. Intentional fouls are indeed a part of the game. I suspect the players who object to this also don't care much for the whole idea of "playing safe" and other defensive tactics. And MagiKal you are also correct in that observing real professionals in action, one will clearly notice how important and necessary defense is to victory.

Once FlyOrDie corrected the game and made it so that ball in hand is granted as a result of a foul, intentional or otherwise, it became a legitimate part of defensive strategy. When faced with a difficult situation, you weigh the consequence of granting your opponent ball in hand with that of attempting a shot the result of which my give your opponent an even greater advantage than ball in hand.

It would be nice to see another change to make the game more realistic... in real pool, if each player intentionally fouls, or scratches three times in succession, the game is automatically declared a draw. The reason for this is that there are occasions when the balls have come to rest in such a manner so that who ever moves them first will most certainly lose the game. In fact there is also a rule permitting the players to agree to a draw for the same reason.

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/magician.png
]

Ummmmm, Mr Bishi, is this NOT the billiards forum ??
Yes it is, congratulations.

However this was not in the billiards forums:

http://www.flyordie.com/forum/thread.jsp?forum=2&thread=2326&tstart=0&trange=15

Do-you-see?

Ah, i c , my appologies to you Mr Bishi. I hadn't realised that you had moved it to here. :)
sory to say im with magikal on this one ... although i get a lil frustrated  when ppl do it to me .. its still part of the game.. and ppl cant just go changing the rules of a game .just because it doesnt suit them .. ..its only a game ..dont take it so serious .. have fun instead .. .. play me  ..i dont do it ..i dont even use ball in hand... 
The reason why magikal knows much about this is because he just so happens to play proffesional pool and is very good at it.. But besides that i agree as well....its all part of the game man live with it or find a new game to play.