« Back to All Topics
Whispering
Posted in 
Billiards
Whispering
Posted in 
Billiards
Whispering
Id like to see the whispering feature of fod taken off, i think this feature causes a lot of trouble and mods cannot see what is being said.
if people want to yack away to each other and its to personal to say in lobby, then there is msn or yahoo.
Say the dont have MSN or Yahoo! players should be entitled to privacy. How would you like your mum standing over you listening to a private phone call, that is why FoD has "whispering". 
but lou, if mods really wanted to find out what other players were saying they could find it out. i heard they can check those things. and dont u find it inconvinient to keep going from msn to fod. its easier to have the same thing in one place. and wut have u got against whispering neway?;)
They should keep whispering .. 

I also think that if another player has you on buddy, you should be entitled no filter when whispering to him/her while still following the rules. I have a few friends that play here that live around me.

Sometimes one talks about the day and hobbies.

Players talking:
eg. "try to come over later if u can" <-- that is filtered in chat for the 3 last words
"there are a bunch of new r4ppers out" <-- filtered for obvious reasons

I think you see what I'm saying :p

Maybe not the brightest idea but I decided to get it in :)

[img=
http://img56.exs.cx/img56/9883/captionsig4st.jpg
]
i have my reasons for this, but main one is this. certain player in room one, whispers and then says things in lobby which arnt true. this person is muted on at least 5 players pcs that i know of, including mine.
I think whispering is a very good thing, you need some privacy and now and then you might want to ask your friends things and in lobby people will just talk over you and it gets annoying, thats a reason why the bold writing is good in whispering to, don't take away whispering pls fod

LIVE
STRONG
i think whispering its a very nice feature of fod...
all the privacy it offers is very useful
plus,imagine how annoyin it would be in a room to hear to the viewers chattin loud
i concede defeat, lol. nice to hear everyones views, maybe a button would be useful to turn the feature on and off, is that a better compromise.
Something like an Ignore button, maybe?
i have heard that mods. can hear everything that u say even when your whispering is that true??
maybe a feature to turn this on/off...lmao  wtf either u want it or u dont make up ur mind son..

First..the answer is no they can't see your whispers.
Second... i think the mute button works fine if people dont agree with the site and the way it's setup then leave.. it's that simple. I harldy think that adding more buttons is going to improve the game or make the lobby any better as some of the newbies dont even know how to use the ones they have now.:p
The most obvious problem, besides the privacy issue, is that if everyone had to talk out loud the lobby would be so flooded with different conversations it would be impossible to sort it all out. Can you imagine 20 different conversations all going on at once ?  It's hard enough when there are just 2 or 3. :p