SNOOKER update
Posted in 
Billiards
SNOOKER update
Posted in 
Billiards
SNOOKER update
Dear All,

The Snooker game has been replaced with the more realistic "Snooker Pro" as known before.
From now you can find the Snooker game on pool table under the name "Snooker Light" in the roomlist, for those of you who prefer that one.

Have fun!

OP
not really happy with the change, FOD just ask our views before making such dramatic changes
I dont think its right to change something that worked so well. There was not enough people playing pro to make such a drastic change. I would understand if the pro table was more popular than the normal game we are all used to but this is not the case. As the users we are entitled to air our opinions on this subject. Alot of people do not like to play pro snooker hence the room never being full, updating is all well and good but i dont see the point in changing something that works just fine.
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed OP ? or this a brain wave ? terrible idea m8
You can still play on the small table, as mentioned, if you prefer that one.
Could you please explain why is it such a drastic change for you then?
The PRO version was less popular because it was harder to access, I guess. We are convinced that this version wll be more popular, as it is much more like the real game. 

OP
FOD should take the time on asking their users on what changes should be made, many good ideas (such as a bo3 button) have been suggested but we have no feedback whatsoever from the FOD support. Maybe FOD should e-mail its players with the any ideas or changes that you intend on making and then wait for a response that way instead of jumping the gun?

Hardy
change it back fod, its pointless, it was fine the way it was! also could i have my points back! ty :)

Sort it out fod ;)
It is possible to have your points shifted over. If you email support@flyordie.com and request this then they will change ur rating back to what it was on the old style tables ;)
email support@flyordie.com if you wish to have your point reverted, they did mine within minutes but they didn't inform me, this is the problem...if it wasn't for mods (who can't tell us much) we have NO info from FOD, surely a successful business has to keep in touch with its customers?..

Check the other topic for rating requests, do not email support for this.

OP
I can see the operators reasoning in trying to make the games as realistic as possible but i just dont understand the point in changing something that works so well. The system tournament for snooker is something that i will not take part in as i find PRO snooker very difficult. This is one of the reasons i pay to subscribe so i can take part in these things.
Yeah considering subscribers play a big part in funding this place it would of been nice to of been dropped a mail letting us know what was going to happen,but yet again as so many times before we get to know about the changes when they have took effect.Not particularly happy about this along with a lot of other ppl.
Very interesting............

FOD before you make any more changes can you sort out the bug with the respotted colours!

Why is it that even when OP is here and we are asking for changes to be made about how the change the game (considering they got rid of the NEWS section on the forum, which they never posted for over year) that he refuses to offer any advice or acknowledge any info, as users, that we give him
Unlike the McDonalds chicken nuggets, change is good!

Well played OP! :)
_________
Regards,
[img=
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/2803/jamez.jpg
]

Interesting that most of you complaining about not being notified, have stated at the registration that you do not wish to receive any information "about new games, special promotions and other news and product information from FlyOrDie™"... :p

OP
Lol Touche :p Im sure u coulda posted it and done a little survey type thing ;)
No, on that note, i do not wish for FOD to sell on my information to other affiliates on which i will bombarded with spam from companies i have never heard of. FOD do not offer any special promotions and certainly don't send out news. So, as for the tick box on registration...irrelevant
Hmmm maybe true operator but was there any previous posting in the forums saying in approx x amount of weeks we will be making some changes.No i dont think so! A bit like when it went from free to having to pay.
Ok, I repeat my question:
If you prefer the small table version, why don't you play on that version? If you do, what is the problem exactly?

For those of you who find it difficult to scroll down the roomlist, we have inserted a direct link on the main site www.flyordie.com.

Thx.

OP

Hi,

can u explain to me where i find the "snooker light"-tables. Normaly i start here:

http://www.flyordie.com/games/eurosport/billiard_de.html

I do not find "snooker light".

thx for help
bass_d
The problem is since when have all the pro rooms ever been near full capacity??????Never,and as for the,what was the normal rooms many times,yet you give us 3 lite rooms and god knows how many pro rooms.Dont think fod very good at doing there sums,if you want someone with a bit of knowledge and can add up drop me a line.:p
OK OP, if it's so easy to access the light rooms, then what exactly is this change for? Accessing the PRO rooms was just as easy
There seems to be no problem anymore but i guess the users are a little annoyed with the lack of communication and say of how the site works. If we way a subscription Im sure you can aprreciate some of our first concerns..doesnt make us complainers for airing our views. 
UK Hardy, while accusing us of selling email adresses, please let me remind you of point 5.3 of our rules which states: "5.3 A player attempting to damage the reputation of our site will be excluded from the games indefinitely and their player account(s) suspended or closed permanently."

So please avoid such fabrications in the future if I may ask.

Thx.

OP

OP is it going to be possible if need be to add more light rooms as i think alot of the snooker leagues will use the light rooms as thier league rooms. This will then make it harder for non subs to get into the rooms as they will be full??
If there will be demand for more light rooms, there will be more.
Now 2 of them are (almost) empty, the 1st one is less then half...

OP
why cant you just make it easier to access pro rooms. just have 4 billiard games on the main site instead of 3. and also now we dont get a link to snooker light off the pc game. why would the ratings swap over? if i can get say 600+ on snooker light it doesnt mean i could on pro!

clear this up please or ill have to take UK hardys side
bass_d 

look at the bottom of the roomlist.
You can also try www.startspiele.de

OP
OP, i am not attempting to damage the sites reputation in any way at all, FOD is excellent and as most know, im a frequent user but i'm only stating what i've learnt. I'm just asking that we, as users are informed time to time by FOD of the latest news.
I apologise if i came across as trying to break the rules but that was not my intention.

Hardy
well im sure u will take into account that its still afternoon and alot of users are still not up to date with the new changes. If your saying you will add more if need be then that is all i wanted to know so thank you :)
hara
You can access the light version from the pc game as well.

OP
and while we are on the subject of pc games, can you make it so we can use multiple pc games or is that impossible.....just my browser messes up when i try to go on the online game:(
scroll down in the roomlist

OP
Great idea op.....

only poor thing on your behalf is the fact you didn't let any one know about this changes you have made.

ty matt
"only poor thing on your behalf is the fact you didn't let any one know about this changes you have made."

This topic is to let anyone know about it... ;)

OP
Not everyone uses the forum :s, maybe a link like when a tourneys going to start would help the users? :D
IMHO you'll find people reverting back to the "Lite" version after a short period of time. When Pro was first introduced people tried it, but prefered the smaller tables. Why? They are easier, and people find it more fun when they can actually do something well. I may be wrong, but I don't think that the Pro version was avoided because it was inaccessible.

Anyway OP, now you need to change the desktop version so that the practice mode is for the real game and not just the lite version. Maybe you can add an option for a choice...
there is no snooker light room. or am i just too stupid to find it?
and, besides that, i think that no one played snooker pro because u almost cant see the balls on screen; and if u wanna aim, u have the choice of playing left, right, or straight, because the balls are now about 4 x 4 pixels on my 15 inch screen. 
thats no fun at all
i think people bookmarked sites like eurosport as an entry site to the snooker game. but eg on eurosport the snooker lite rooms are not listed.
therefore i dont find it surprising that the snooker lite rooms are quite empty: most people (including some mods) simply dont know how to access those rooms.

and btw, imho the design of the user interface is much better if u follow the eurosport link, than following the link listed above. (too dark, too many distracting graphics...) sry for that

PS: on the other hand, i think the snooker game is quite nice, and ty for all the work to cast it to us
PPS: excuse my bad english... :)
I totally agree with your opinion. 
                                        Martin
I don't like this new system with pro and normal rooms together... I liked the old small tables better... This update is an bad one! can you give us our old game back?
could you please put points on normal small tables CHELSEARULE
Hmmmm maybe this is a good idea

Rooms are full and the only reason I didnt like pro was because you would wait forever for game

Lets hope it stays that way maybe you could get rid of the baby tables for good :p?
I was very disappointed with your decision to make this change without asking for the opinion of gamers before. First, we had the chance to play PRO Snooker before...
very few of us did
. Second, Playing light version was more exciting and 
what's most important, the games were shorter, people not always have hours to spend in front of the monitors playing.
I hope you will realize your mistake and make changes to keep your web site as exciting and fun as it used to be.

Best Regards.
I dont really understand what problem this really is. We all are still able to play snooker on the small table. The only think has been changed are the rooms.

Mervin
I don't see what's the problem. Both tables are still there, they haven't taken it away completely. So you have to scroll down for once. Whoopdeedoo, it will give your fingers some extra exercise. Nobody wants fat fingers now do they?

You are really only arguing for the sake of arguing (or is it argueing? I'm really tired). I like the change. It will make some players realize that they are actually no good, take them down a peg or too. Which includes my paw Max :p!

Good work FlyOrDie and nice to see the OP getting greatly involved in a Topic. May we post more suggestions? I got a few...
I don't appreciate with this dramatically changed. Based on the reason about the time-consuming of the pro-snooker. Of course, there are such like realistic and perhaps there will be more fun. However, the OP team should ask our opinions first because many of us pay for this to play what they have before not like this. regards as usaul.
Hello,
I posted new entrie today, now i can not find it. Does it mean that you are affraid to hear honest responds to your ideas? Ones again, I would like to tell you that your idea about Pro Snoooker is wrong. Trying to improve the game you are ruining it...
Change it back, before it's too late.

Amuck Soul
"Playing light version was more exciting and what's most important, the games were shorter, people not always have hours to spend in front of the monitors playing."

What is it exactly that currently prevents you from playing the 'light' version, if I may ask, as you use past tense?
If you have only a few minutes, scroll down to 'light', or play 9-ball :D...

OP

"However, the OP team should ask our opinions first because many of us pay for this to play what they have before not like this"

What can't you play now, that you could play earlier?

Thx,

OP

The problem is not that the rooms have been swapped, but that you didn't change the ratings to go with the correct game. How you design the site is your perogative, but why mix stats from what are effectively two different games? Either you overlooked the planning part of your project or else you wanted to mix things up to encourage people to play game you want them to. Life and FoD go on and we still have our games, but I don't believe I am alone in saying that you could have made your customers a little more happy in the way you made and announced your changes. If that's all I have to moan about today then I am a happy man :)
I think that it's not correct to change something which was all right and so popular.The pro wasn't popular and after a month I'm sure that in the pro will be again 30-40 players so there was no need to change it.You had to ask us for our views.And my other request is for my rating.I changed it but the player info of the small table went for info of the pro table.I want to change it and I want to know how.Thank you!
hi im not happy with the update why was it done without anyone being asked first id rather it the way it was if it never changed i wont be resubbing my nic ty
why have so many pro rooms anyway i also wont be resubbing my name why pay to play in pro and now the change i dont need to pay to get in the light room ty

Fod, you are losing money by doing this, why not just change it back?
How are they losing money ? Are the advertisers refusing to be set on a loading screen to Snooker PRO ?
less subs = less money?! wierd thing is, almost 95% disagree with the change, but theres hardly NOBODY in the light rooms :S
lol I doubt FlyOrDie will lose income from subscribers .. they probably only take up 3% of the money they make :p
I think that most users don't know what the light rooms is, and that's why aren't playing there...
Everyvody seems to be moaning that they weren`t told or asked about this first. I don`t remember FOD doing this before when they made other changes to the game but then I also don`t remember anyone moaning as much.
How about accepting the change which is 1 for the better as far as the game goes, this snooker is much more realistic and people will get used to it just like they did with all the other changes.

SФФГЧ
FINALLY someone else understands the sheer stupidity of the complaints. 

Straight Rider: 'less subs = less money?! wierd thing is, almost 95% disagree with the change, but theres hardly NOBODY in the light rooms :S'

Although it's not quite 95% it is the vast majority that disagree yet they still play on the large tables. Is it because of curiosity or because you can't be bothered scrolling down to the Light Rooms. Doesn't matter what the reasons are really. Stats show things to be different to the complaints...but whatever.

If you search the post for suggestions to make FlyOrDie better, count how many wanted a bigger table. Funny how now that's here, it's too hard for you so you must complain. So if you look at things, who should really be the ones having to grow up? The ones with what looks like a chip on their shoulder? No, we're just sick of complaints with no evidence.

95% people disagree although the top 4 Rooms are full and Snooker Light, well um, isn't!
I also see a lot saying they can`t find the light rooms because they play through the Eurosport site, try playing through flyordie.com and then you have all the choices as they should be, or try moaning to Eurosport that they don`t have all the tables that are available.

SФФГЧ

Vıjay Sıngh, Pûmpkin, -Snøøpy-, China Open
-Snøøpy-, China Open, Pûmpkin,  Vıjay Sıngh
please change my ratings

thx..
I don't understand why you decided to change the rooms but it's obvious that what people say won't change it back, I try to tell as many ppl as possible about the light rooms because a lot still don't know that they exist or where they are (they are very well hidden indead if you are on the web version...just above what I think are the german rooms) I used to love to play snooker and occasionnally I even went to play pro snooker, because it was there before, well indicated for anyone interested! Anyway, I was just wondering why you couldn't leave messages like you do when you have your system tournaments...so everyone would know and could decide on their own which they prefer...as for the ratings, they should have been changed with the rooms, I don't care much about it but a lot of ppl do and that's why they don't want to start over in the new lightrooms... 
The change is fundamentally wrong, however I think it is great now after a while.

They should have changed the position of the rooms but not the ratings so everyone probly went straight into pro and had to earn their points.

Clever git (by name, but not by nature (or am I?))
Ok,"why fix something that aint broke"?sure the new update is more like the real game in that it takes just as long to play one frame ie.an hour!.if gamers wanted that from online gaming they would go out and play for real.20 workmates and i used to play on the site at lunchtimes or grab a quick frame in between jobs.CANT BE DONE ANY MORE.You need to practice every day all day to be any good at the new format.Eventually all that will be left are the people who are jobless who have the time to practice all day and these are the people who cant afford to buy anything from your advertisers anyway.well its been good but 20 of us from the same company are saying goodbye.
it can still be done scroll down to snooker light rooms and it as if the changes never happened..
Oh great now i know whats going on , sheesh i thought it was my eye's

michasm writes 'sure the new update is more like the real game'

I don't know about you but if I'm looking to play a game of snooker, online or not, I'd rather play the proper gamne of snooker and not a modified version of it. If you want to play a game like that, just go and play at Yahoo.
If you want to play the proper game of snooker buy yourself a cue and go down your local snooker hall. Whatever way you look at it, this is just a computer game played with a mouse. Realism is only a part of the issue here - other values such as enjoyment and playability should also be taken into account.
Beppe writes: Realism is only a part of the issue here - other values such as enjoyment and playability should also be taken into account.

Out of curiosity, when exactly did FlyOrDie remove the game which gave you so much enjoyment? I guess I must be the only lucky one seeing as I can still play it...
>Out of curiosity, when exactly did FlyOrDie remove the game which gave you so much enjoyment?

Did I say anything to suggest this?

However, seeing as you brought it up - FoD changed the ratings system knowing that most people will follow their ratings. Living in the PST time zone when less people are around leaves the old rooms mostly empty. The few of us who want to use the light rooms are rarely there at the same time. SO YES, FOD HAVE MADE IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO PLAY THE GAME I WANT.

FACT 1 - The larger tables have been available for over a year as Snooker Pro.

FACT 2 - The Snooker Pro rooms were no where near as popular as the smaller rooms.

FACT 3 - People have followed their ratings rather than moving of their own accord.

FACT 4 - FoD have broken their own rules on point manipulation by migrating the ratings from one game to another.

Speculating, I would suggest that had the points been COPIED rather than MOVED to the snooker pro rooms, then many people would still be using the old tables.
MR OPERATER CAN I PLZ HAVE MY OLD POINTS BACK HAD ENOUGH OF PLAYING REDS TO GET ME BACK UP THERE TO RUDE IF U BEAT THEM THANKS KINDLY 
Re. Beppe "FOD HAVE MADE IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO PLAY THE GAME I WANT."
Lmao, you call "more difficult" 1 more click to get into the snooker light room.  Are you serious??
Some people would love to be taken seriously but then they post rubbish like that and wonder why nobody listens to them.

SФФГЧ
I think when he put that it is harder for him to play the game he likes he means that there aren't as many people at his standard for him to play as there used to be. Most people that play light are red balls and yellow and very rarely see anyone with a better rating.
Living in West Canada, often there is NO ONE in the light rooms during my evening.
> FACT 2 - The Snooker Pro rooms were no where near as popular as the smaller rooms.

Things have changed, get over it, Snooker Pro has become a lot more popular. The reason I, and a few others, didn't play it before, was because most of the decent players stayed in what is now known as Light Snooker. Now that most of them have tried it, they have realised it's potential, it's enjoyment and it shows. All the rooms are now full while the Light Room struggle. 

I still don't understand it so I'll ask. Why is there so little playing in the Light Rooms and so many in Pro when there's so many complaints about it? I'll find it an accomplishment if Beppe can answer that one as I really do find it a blimmin' mystery.

> Living in West Canada, often there is NO ONE in the light rooms during my evening.

That's not FlyOrDie's fault. Well it must be actually seeing as there used to be players there at that time. So, um, where are they now? Enjoying the Pro rooms probably. Again I'll ask. If the Light game is so popular and Pro isn't, why is your room empty?
I already answered that - most people play for ratings, and their ratings are now in the Pro rooms. People are there moaning about the new game, but they won't go back to a zero rating. Not everyone knows about or uses the forum, so they never worked out how to get their points back. I enjoy and respect constructive arguments - and by no means is my opinion the only one - but there is no point in asking something which has already been answered.
Beppe, you seem to have forgotten when they changed the rating system and everybody was reset to zero year b4 last.
Nobody stopped playing, a few ppl moaned about it but they still kept playing and everybody had their rating back to "normal" within a few weeks.
If the reason for the lack of ppl in snooker light is the low ratings then why isn`t everybody there working on getting their rating back like they did last time there was a rating change? Only a few ppl are playing snooker light cos it isn`t as good as the snooker pro, that is very easy to see by all the full rooms in snooker pro.
I can understand ur moaning if you`re not very good at snooker pro, how about playing it a bit more then you might improve, you might even find it will improve ur shooting on the pool table snooker.
Beppe, you are only playing for rating? isn't that a lil poor? i think there are many more reasons to play billard in fod, like having fun to play good games, talk to nice ppl and so on. but maybe i am wrong...

to OPERATOR: well done, i love it 
Beppe, would you play a game which you hated just because you had a few points there? Wouldn't you much prefer to play a game which you enjoyed even though you had no or a lack of points? I don't see the sense in it really...

Enlighten me.
Soot - Zero ratings means that people have no choice, so it's not the same comparison.

M8 - I never said I played for ratings, I said that others do. Yeah, it's poor, but it's a fact that people have followed their ratings (before the ratings moved, people did not play Pro like they do now). It's now 10:22pm for me (6:22am in the UK) and their is no one in the light room. So first FoD move the ratings from the small game to the Pro version, next people follow their ratings, the consequence being... you read it enough times now.

Wizard - There's some sense in what you say. I also wonder why people are moaning when playing on the larger tables when they could move to the smaller rooms. As for me? I enjoy both games, but I prefer the light version because the games are quicker and easier. The ONLY problem I have with FoD is that they didn't migrate the score. Had they kept the ratings and stats with the correct game I would have no problems with the changes - even if they copied the scores across to give people the chance to choose. So whilst FoD state in their rules that scores may not be manipulated, they are doing this to encourage a change in game usage. My opinion is that this is amateurish and not the way to do things. Your questions have little to do with this! Wizard... I also understand that your opinions are different from mine. That's not a problem, just a healthy difference of opinion, so we don't need to fight about it :)
I agreee with you beppe...how flyordie went about in doing this is totally wrong...i like both aswell as you but prefer smaller tables and now i can never find a decent player to play...theres never anyone there and its ruined the game for me and i know what your saying because i feel the same and this games not going to be like it was because flyordie go do something like this and they knew what they were doing and it was not right at all, they put a one little line on the main page saying 'attention click here for smaller tables' in the smallest font there is, its not good and i think its unfair for people who like the smaller tables.
LOL, were you ever in Snooker Pro room 1, 2, 3 or 4? Try taking a look at how many people have a rating under 100 or even under 50.
I can only estimate but it looks like about 50-60%, obviously those people wouldn`t be the ones that have just followed their rating.
Considering that that counts for about, lets say 500 people, I think there would be a lot more than 50 or so in snooker light, seems your theory doesn`t seem to fit.
I agree the rating swap was maybe a mistake but then if they had swapped the ratings with the games then the majority would be (as you say) forced to play the light game even though there was a much better game available.
I doubt there would be only 1 room with 50 people in it for pro if they had swapped the ratings, and there would be a lot more people unhappy about having their hard earned points in the now not so popular snooker light rooms. Obviously FOD have to cater for the majority of their players and try to keep them happy which I think they have done.

SФФГЧ
well i enjoy playing snooker light more than any other game and i cant enjoy it with no-one decent to play. as the day goes on more people come and pro rooms end up full as for snooker light it gets to about 70 and mostly reds, snooker pro has alot of good players...flyordie should do something to let others know about the changes because my guess is half of this site dont know about it...i had to practically show my stepdad were snooker light is because he didnt know what was going on, he thought theyd just made tables bigger.
'Just a healthy difference of opinion.'

Well said. Finally you can have a somewhat sane discussion (sane compared to some other heated topics) and not be accused of being a moaner and 'just there to argue'. I do agree with what Beppe says about the bad rating choice although quite frankly, with the lack of free time lately that I don't have, it doesn't really affect me. Possibly why the change hasn't made more of a negative affect on me?
pool size table again, was just getting used to those large tables aswell *annoyed*
So therefore it only affects people whose lives revolve around this game? Ah, now I get it ;)!