« Back to All Topics
new fine aim change
Posted in 
Billiards
new fine aim change
Posted in 
Billiards
new fine aim change
erm well i dont like this change...i use fine aim on every shot nearly and i know many dont but i do and i cant shoot with this new thing cant get it right...flyordie when these changes are made onn pc version you gotta put other fine aim on aswell somehow because thats how i play and your changing my game here, i just played and with this i cant get it right.
and whats with the 9ball small size on browser? when u maximize it it  keeps it small and blacks out rest of screen? i think you should at least be able to have a choice of small or normal not small or small and rest black...this fine is terrible ! i now know what spots are there for so you can see if reds covering it etc. :p
you don't like the new fine aim? :O:O:O

Now you can actually aim the shot...
I am guessing that you were joking...
i totally agree with you about the fine aim changes
it was fine before !!!
i aslo use fine aim alot now i cant 
So some of you find that being able to see where the cue is pointing HINDERS your aim :O

You'll need to explain WHY that is the case, because I really don't believe that it could cause a problem.

I'm still :O that you could post that.
Right beppe ill explain and no im not joking, like i said most people didnt or dont know how to use the normal fine aim or the 'old' one now but believe me i do, when i aim some shots and im having trouble wondering if its going in one or two touches of fine aim helps me alot to know and it also works alot ive used fine aim for a very long time and i tryed this new change last night and i couldnt use it because it doesnt feel the same as the last one so im asking the operator to make two lots of fine aim, im sure theres others who use fine aim and not just me because i need it to play this game its how i play and how i have done so operator can you reply to this post, your changing my game alot here.
If you are subscriebd PC Game still has the old fine aim ;)
I kinda understand - when you think it's going to miss, you make a couple of pixel corrections and it works. However, the same movement using the new system (in the other direction) doesn't achieve the same results?

Personally I believe that you'll get used to being able to visualise the shots using the new way. However, I agree that it would be nice if a new download version included more personalisation. Technically it's possible - and I would imagine not too difficult - to have options for dots and fine aim settings. This would also provide another incentive for people to subscribe. Why not even add options for different music, more fx (crowd noise might be amusing), and even different cue and table appearence?

Failing that, I think that FoD should be diplomatic find out which system is the most preferred by their users.
another step to the op's realism would be the cue spin...if your on a rail why not make it more realistic as you cant use backspin etc...?
Yes, but this would have to be applied to the web version and the browser version at the same time. Aesthetics and controls are one thing, but to change the actual game play would require more coordination. They would have to shut the game down, then make the old web and PC games incompatible with the new. The same would apply if they rounded the rails a bit more around the pockets or if they made some shots power sensitive. They may (or may not) be working on this, but if they are it's going to be a sudden change coinciding with a new downloadable version.
'another step to the op's realism would be the cue spin...if your on a rail why not make it more realistic as you cant use backspin etc...?'

This can't really be achieved on the smaller snooker table because of the size of it. Your always against a rail or in front of a ball. The new larger size table would welcome this change because there is room now, WHOOOOOOPEEEEE!

I feel that an improved player information would be good. Not a specific one for each game but a general one. Tabs to move between games would be nice so that you could see the Snooker Information then see the player's 8-ball Information. 

Bravo to FlyOrDie for the changes for far and there's potential for more to come, or so I've heard ;)!
How about a "Clean Cue Ball" option? :p
they aint no diff in the change still seems the same to me

smackamcracka wrote:

How about a "Clean Cue Ball" option? :p

Noo! 'Cause then I can't use my excuse of; "I got a kick" when I miss! :D

[img=
http://img255.echo.cx/img255/7185/untitled1dk.png
]
the changes are only visible on the browser mode...not pc game(yet)
> This can't really be achieved on the smaller snooker table because of the size of it.

What are you talking about? Just because you increase the likelihood of an event (ball on rail), it doesn't change the laws of physics.
Bravo to FlyOrDie for the changes 
for far
 and there's potential for more to come, or so I've heard 

?:|
Um I didn't mean about the greater likeliness of the the ball being on a rail. I meant because of the lack of space you don't have that many clear shots mainly because of the amount of balls on the table. Play Light and you'll understand what I mean. Most shots would have to be played with top spin then which clearly would infuriate more players. Guess I wasn't very clear before...
Can't you accept a typo. OK, it's meant to say 'so far' instead of 'for far'! Sorry for not concentrating on every word I type. Why don't I quote all your mistakes next time?
OOOOOPS sorry again.

Can't you accept a typo should have a question mark instead of a full stop. No need to quote it seeing as I've already spotted my disasterous error.
There are typos and then there are typos... when you write something which makes sense as it is, then I am not going to presume that you mean something different :)

Of course I know what you are saying, but I just don't agree that there is that little space. Of course the likelihood of a railed cue is lower on a larger table, but that doesn't mean that the effect shouldn't be added to the smaller tables... it's not be added to anything just yet!