« Back to All Topics
More Realistic?
Posted in 
Billiards
More Realistic?
Posted in 
Billiards
More Realistic?
Since were going for the more 'realistic' approach to snooker i got a few suggestions.

1. Add swerve
2. Shouldnt be able to screwback as much
3. Should get kicks SOMETIMES
4. Cant screwback when whiteball is on a rail
5. Should have to chalk your cue or you would miscue
6. Should have an Flyordie world championship once a year

AND PUT THE OLD FINE AIM BACK, THE NEW ONES CRAP! lol

if ud like to add more ideas, feel free but i hope Fod does something about these ideas.

Ty Nish
Sorry i just found out u can stil use the old fine aim by pressin shift, soz bout that.

but u can stil think about the rest:p

Ty Nish
Yea man i like TOTALLY agree ...lmao :p that ok?
just playing. good ideas.  i thought of half of them for ya but good :D
And i thought of the other half   ty ;)
                > ))))*>
I agree with everything. 

Including the idea that sharkbait should be eaten for tomorrow's dinner. Think it was PLOP's idea, he's the chef around here.
U forgot commentry nish u > ))))*>
yes i agree with the above ^^^
Nish, here are my thoughts on your ideas...

> 1. Add swerve
I am not sure if this would make the game better or worse, as it would be hard to simulate. It would certainly be interesting to see it though.

> 2. Shouldnt be able to screwback as much
Yeah, and top should make the ball travel further than without.

> 3. Should get kicks SOMETIMES
Why? The game is hard enough as it is! Kicks tend to happen more with tournament lighting, whereas FoD snooker has two spots (look at 2d table lighting). Basically I don't like this idea.

> 4. Cant screwback when whiteball is on a rail
Agreed, it's about time impossible spins are not allowed.

> 5. Should have to chalk your cue or you would miscue
No point, people would just chalk the cue. Why waste time clicking another button on each shot?

> 6. Should have an Flyordie world championship once a year
Knockout style?

> AND PUT THE OLD FINE AIM BACK, THE NEW ONES CRAP! lol
Your prayers have been answered - hold down SHIFT while aiming and Bob's your uncle...
>Why? The game is hard enough as it is! Kicks tend to happen more with tournament lighting, 
whereas FoD snooker has two spots (look at 2d table lighting).
 Basically I don't like this idea.

I'm sorry, what are yous talking about on this one (the bold)? I'm a little confused :(
LOL, I was joking on this one. On TV you often hear some trash about "kicks" from commentators. Basically no one knows why the kicks occur, but some analysts blame the higher powered lighting used in the professional game. If you visit a snooker hall usually the tables have two or three standard bulbs, which create two or three bright spots on the table. In FoD in 2D mode you can see two bright light spots on the table, which would indicate that the table would have two spots rather than the strip lighting which I think is used in the pro game. If the analysts are correct in their reasoning, then in FoD there should technically be less kick occurances.
I can think of 
 bad thing about realism of this game and that is...

When ur hard up against the cushion how is it possible to put draw on the ball...lmao 

So lets all get REAL !! this topic was brought up about 1 yr ago and nothing...so slow down with ur request.lol ur all giving me a headache ty:p
I agree with all the ideas apart from 3 and 5 as Beppe said; it would just increase game time (for 5). Plus it's not fun for professionals when they get kicks so I don't think it would be fun for us ameteurs. :p

I really like the world championship idea. Top 48 in the game automatically get in with anyone else who wants to enter have to play best of 3 qualifiers until another 16 players are left and are entered into the championship.

Round 1 = best of 5
Round 2 = best of 7
Last 16 = best of 9
Quarter Finals = best of 11
Semi Finals = best of 13
Final = best of 15

:D

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
Oh ok Beppe. Thanks, now I understand what you meant on the lighting part :)
I know, maybe they shud add Masse shots so as to make crazy trick shots on the table. That would be great.
Yep i agree with u mups ;)
So since were makin Fod more realistic these days cant we just put these ideas to good use?
OP never replies to my posts lmfao and im 1 of the best to ever play here :@ :) :p

Thnx Nish 
I dunno, i like the not able to screw back on cushion :)
finding the chalk would be a game in itself ...
all great apart from chalking and kicks! well suggested...let's jus hope OP does somethin bout it :D
3. Should get kicks SOMETIMES

Thats the most stupid thing i hever read in this forum. Imagine the situation: You play snooker and the black decides which player wins. You can pott the black but there is a KICK. Your opponent win the game. Do you really want to lose a game because there was a kick?
So I think this is not a good idea.