« Back to All Topics
why does it say no rail when i hit 3 rails?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
i hit 3 rails to get out of snooker and it said no rail what is this all about lost quite a few games coz of it!!!!
A ball has to hit a cushion AFTER the ball you aiming for is hit or it's a foul. i think :|
That's correct, in 8 and 9 ball billiards contact with the rail has to happen after the cue contacts the object ball.
I think the old "Rail" System worked better, anyone else agree?
 Legend.
No, the old rule when you could hit the rail first was incorrect, as it is not in the real rules of billiards. Whilst I understand that some rules are difficult for FoD to implement - such as the push-out rule in 9 ball and colour nomination or free ball in snooker - there is no need to change the rules so that they do not reflect the real game.
I see, but i did enjoy the old rule better. As sometimes myself i forget how the new rule works. Also i think the "move" option should be replaced with two shots.
US pool rules which are recognized in more places around the world than the UK rules, and FoD reaches a worldwide audience. However, it would be interesting to see FoD introduce a seperate UK pool game with the two shots rule.
yes but 3 rails come on i mean the white wasnt goin fast enough after 3 rails to hit the other ball into the cushions:(