« Back to All Topics
Rating System
Posted in 
Billiards
Rating System
Posted in 
Billiards
Rating System
The rating System should go, ever since its arrival FlyorDie has never been the same. People just care about their rating now, and not the game itself. Its made games to competitive and if your a low rating player no 1 will play you as they dont wont there rating to go down. Also it has brought some very horrible players in, Theres not many nice people around anymore apart from the old players and some new ;). I guarantee anyone who was here before rating will agree with me, you should get rid of it.

Chris
too rite Jim, i totally agree, the Rating System Should go
yeah, it has never been the same, since its been introduced
come on FlyOrDie get rid of it, Jimmies rite
dam rite. we should all get together, and strike or somat for it to be removed
too rite, makes it too competitive
WELL, as always i have to agree with sir jimmy white!  
I hope Flyordie will follow us
 in our discissions!!!!!!

I understand your reasoning for taking away the rating, but you have to remember that there are A LOT of people out there on FlyOrDie that play simply for that reason (the rating).  You can still play with the rating and still have fun.  Its the people that abuse the rating system by thinking they are above those lower then them or what not.  That i do not agree with.
agree with us? lol they'll probably just delete this topic so more people dont join our cause....
i cant totally agree with these comments because yes there are idiots on flyordie thats just a few but it isnt competitive true ppl dont play lower rated players but if u r actually a good rated player u shudnt lose 2 the crap raters and i think it shud actually be removed because i think this will stop ppl makin constant names including me if u have a name with no ratin y would u want other names with no rating aswell most ppl have 50+ names for ratin thats the only reason

peace out R.I.P 2pac;) and Biggie;) and any other brothers lost in the struggle lol 

EDITED, ENGAGING IN PERSONALITY'S  2.4

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 4, 2002 1:13 PM]
i like the ratings, it gives u a goal and something to play for.it wouldnt be fun winning if there was no reward for doing so.if u dont like the ratings then just ignore them and play your game.the only time it is hard to find a game is when your rating is high. it also helps u find ppl equal to your skills so the games r good.
Well agree.. lets put it in action! :)
I SAY DROP THE DAM RATINGS. IT TAKES THE ART OF SUPRISE FROM THE GAME.AND FOR THOSE WHO LIKE SAY IT GIVES YOU A GOAL. GO TO ESPN AND PLAY FOR REAL CASH ON A REAL TABLE.
I say to keep the ratings but not let ppl make a new name if they already have one.. can that be done?? so we will know who is good if there werent ratings then i would get into games with stanky ppl bye
Keep the ratings.  many wouldnt play if it was scrapped.  Competition is healthy and fun!!
Yo Jimmy! are you the guy who used to run snooker tournaments last year?

just curious
one question wots ur rating

i agree with toronto fully
i agree the rating system should go also,
maybe flyordie could make a room for each game with no ratings in them,
I want to see the challenger's rating,good wishes to everyone.
ye the rating must go. i email flyordie the other day. no reply. they should at least listen to us.

hamesy
All we seem to hear from you Jimmy is old players this old players that.. Move aside it's the 21st century it's time for the has beens to make way for the real talent and stop dwelling on the past! :D
...oh eyh.. there's no wondere Jimmy wants rid of the rating system he knows he aint all that anymore!

KEEP THE RATINGS!!!! :)

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:48 AM]

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:49 AM]

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:52 AM]
FANTASTIC POINT, one i have been going on about for ages and even posted one for it "gentlemans game". your spot on aboot this jimmy, too much focus on the ratings which can be cheated anyway, but all its done is make for crap games and crap players that are too scared to go for a pot and just play a cheesy snooker or u can opt for the other exciting player who isnt intelligent enough to think how to play a safety shot or he thinks tapping the cue ball to the nearest red. im 110% behind ye on this one jimmy. BAD THE USELESS RATING SYSTEM AND USE A LEAGUE THAT U CANT CHEAT IF ITS RUN PROPERLY!!!! 
Since we were all little kids,all the games we play,includes competition,this is fact.So i accept this fact and play according to this,there s another fact that,if something not smart happens in game,that s usually cause of that competition.The point is do we have the ability of creating smartness when its difficult,maybe we can try on this..haze is not totally wrong
i have to admit yes. Its good for the competition but to understand my view fully you have to have been here before the ratings which many of you have not been,

Chris
i have to agree with you, only people who were there before rating understand. People who havent been there without it dont realize how much better it was, i mean without rating there still was competition, tournaments etc, and u knew who was best and who wasnt
i think that ratings shud go but be replaced by a win percentage. also every1 shud only be able to have one name if flyordie cud introduce this i wud be happy. what u think of this idea??
I THINK THE RATING SYSTEM SHOULD STAY I AGREE IT DOES MAKE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THE POINTS AND TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE FUN OF JUST PLAYING A GAME BUT THEN THE IDEAR OF PLAYING A GAME THE OBJECTIVE IS TO WIN THOUGH WINNNING IS NOT EVERYTING BUT IF U ARE THE HIGEST RANKED PLAYER IN THE ROOM AND YOU WORKED HARD FOR YOUR POINTS THEN THE POINTS SHOW THAT YOU ARE GOOD AND SHOW THE ACHEVEMENT YOU HAVE MADE THE LOWER RANK PEOPLE CAN PLAY THE PEOPLE WITH LOWER RANKS THEN CAN STILL BUILD ON THERE FROM THERE AND THE GUESTS CAN PLAY THE GUESTS I LIKE THIS ROOM BECAUSE OF THE RATINGS SYSTEM IT ALOWYS ME TO COMPEAT FOR TOP PLACE AND TRY AND BE THE BEST I AGREE IT BRINGS BAD PEOPLE INTO THE ROOM BUT THEN ANYROOM GOING TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THAT I TINK MABY HOSTS TO THE ROOMS AND ACCES BANS MAY BE A GOOD IDEAR.
THANX FOR A GREAT GAMES SITE  
constant emails to flyordie will sooner or later end up resulting in our favour
ok this is getting scary, alot of ppl dont like the ratings(bet they r all low)so if there is talk of getting rid of them then at least offer 2 choices, rated or not rated. i say this because i have been playing for some time and dont really want to play someone with no exp. or skills and have a boring game.i like the challenge of a skilled player.!

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:50 AM]
You go bruv lets MAKE them scrap the scoring!
YEAH MAN IT REALLY SHOULD GO IT MAKES FLYORDIE BORING
2.2.2 / 2.4

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:54 AM]
Yes i totally aggree with Jimmy. Ever since the introduction of the rating system people are not caring bout the game. They just care about their ratings. I think this is very ignorant of FlyOrDie. And since the introduction of the rating system it is easy to CHEAT and get a good rating. Even though flyordie have changed this slightly i still think it is a major flaw. So my last words will be: Listen to the people that keep this site going, get rid of the ratings and have it back to the old way. i'm sure many people would aggree with me.

[Edited by: MILITARY POLICE on Dec 3, 2002 11:54 AM]
 COULDNT OF SAID IT BETTER JAS .. 
I think we should keep the rating but not in steps of 100's there would be more games played if it was in stps of 250 or 300's i would like it that way my self 

i hope you's all understand :D
I think you are right but there are still some good sides of rating system. Mainly it allows players to play against someone their own strenght (quality). The thing which should be banned is multiple nicks, because if i am somewhere in 200s i want to play someone who is as good as i am, but there are people who use secondary nicks to gain easy rating points and then intentionaly 'lose' against themselves to gain high ratings. This is the thing Flyordie shouldn't allow.
In the end i would just say that i played pool before rating, am still playing it and will play it in the future with or without rating system
The thing that makes me so confused is the fact that theres seem to be quite a few intelligent people posting here in the forum yet i never see any intelligent posts in the chat rooms.  For those of you who complain about the vulgarity and immature behaviour in the chat rooms, why don't YOU start writing more mature topics in there. Just a suggestion.
I THINK U HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT FORUMS ARE FOR, IVE ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS BEFORE, BUT FOR THE 
CHEAP SEATS
................. THE FORUM WAS PLACED HERE FOR PLAYERS TO 
VOICE
 THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT CERTAIN MATTERS.
NOW BEAR IN MIND THAT 
MOANING
 IS IN FACT 
VOICING
 UR OPINION.
SO IM LEFT PONDERING WTF YOU THINK WE SHOULD POST ABOUT.....???????

HOWS THIS THEN?

ANYONE KNOW WHY THE STARTS AT NIGHT "FLICKER" ?  

1ST GUY WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER WINS 20 POINTS ;)
UMM COS IM ALWAYS BENT  LOL
Don´´t u all know that u  c a n  play without rating???
Go to www.eurosport.com and Flyordie there. U will have the same games without rating!
yeh i have started to play at eurosport.com and then go to game zone and they have the games with no rating and a cool blue room with nice ppl. go there its good if u dont like ratings.
im takin a guess at ELITE's question...
but anyway...the stars flicker cuz it has something to do with a combination of the atmosphere and the forms of gases around the stars.  When the 2 mix, they tend to bend or mis-shape the stars a bit at a time.  
almost toronto, the gasses in the atmostphere create an effect similar to a heat wave on a road etc. but u still have the 20 points  :D
i would care only if i knew how it worked!
I say stuff the ratings because really there is no point in having them
if rating system goes i go no sence playing then will get boring plain and simple
I THINK GOLDENLEAF HAS LOST THE PLOT JIMMY OR HES JUST A NEWBIE CMON FLYORDIE U AINT GONNA GET RICH AND THE GANE LOOKS LIKE CRAP NOW 
jimmy white i totally agree with u
Oh,  Leave the ratings.  I've never heard of these people saying get rid of it. I've been here awhile as most know. Besides, there won't be anything to nag about.

i agree.......golden leaf aint new either;)
Sorry but i disagree with jimmy why because the rating seperates the class from the blast
I agree with ya jim totally to bad we can't complain about it.
Couldn´t agree more m8......u r so very RIGHT !!!
 Well,first of all hi, eh, i havn't been playing on fly or die for weeks and months,but I had a great holiday without this thing now I feel to get back to the usual days,but I dont think so,FlyOrDie is making their website from bad to whorst,and I don't want these games with the stupid good for nothing rating thing and the other stuff + now ads and other silly stuff wich slowed the flyordie server for good,
 I would like FlyOrDie to put the games like they was in the Good Old Days,
Thank You for reading this little long message,
 JB»
ok jimbothis rating system is rubish stormbringe stream line who eva runs this site i hope u read this and listen 2 all of us jimbo and every1 eles who wants the ratings back me and my m8 did used 2 playon this but he dont play on it any more.we  used 2 hav alot of games 4 compertiotion now he dont play on it thats ok wid me so the next day i go on hav a lot of games wid people get my rating up higher  what do i find? its not there sorry but if u dont change this with in a month me and i bet u a lot of other people will stop playin on this time i garente  NO! i garendante it all im askin is 4 the rating 2 go back so 4 me and the other people who want 2 hav fun change it plz.
thank u
 rock2002
I agree rating system should go or return too 0 for all player.

but we have problem if they take off the rating because they will have to accept only the subscriber on the site and fly or die scare to refuse unsubscriber on the site
because they need  them to get visitor  on publicity.

Fly or die you have choice to do now or you get off rating and unsubscriber or you restart the rating too all player at 0 and if u keep same rating system u have too put same  hours of day to all of us because we still lose pts play or no. look for---> 
http://times.clari.net.au/

u will have hrs for the world someting  you forgot to put in ur rating system.
have a good day ;-)