« Back to All Topics
Snooker
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker
Is there any chance of a choice system being added for when you are snookered that ou must nominate a ball?

Thanks
also... the option of free ball.. these i fell would add a further sense of realism
lol
:p

Amount of times this has been suggested..
not everyone reads the forum all the time... 
if its been suggested this many times u would think they may listen :|
> Is there any chance of a choice system being added
> for when you are snookered that ou must nominate a
> ball?
> 
> Thanks

Ik heb wat reclame gemaakt op mijn site voor deze, dan doe ik dat nu ook voor de mijne. 
http://forum.gbke.be
if this games is to be any sort realistic u should have to nominate every colour not just if u snookered.  ofcourse not when only colours left 
Fod Listen u having a laugh aint u we still waiting for tables of highest breaks
dont get me wrong this game is the best on the web for 3d pool and snooker but there comes a time when things need to be changed and it seems liketheres a lot of obviouse things that need changing
Actually Martin, in real snooker, you dont always have to nominate your color. Only when you are snookered. ;)

Watch some snooekr m8 ;)
>Actually Martin, in real snooker, you dont always have to nominate your color.

That's INCORRECT. The rules state that after potting a red 
the striker must designate prior to stroking which color ball is his object (that specific color is then his "ball on")
. If the player aims towards a single colour then effectively that IS his nomination. If there is ANY doubt as to which ball he is striking (e.g he is snookered or two colours are close together), then he must make it clear to the referee which colour he is nominating. Missing the obvious ball or nominated colour is a foul.
Actually Martin, in real snooker, you dont always have to nominate your color. Only when you are snookered. 

Watch some snooker m8 

If you read what i wrote i said you dont ALWAYS have to nominate your color.

Thanks beppe but you are wrong. ty ;)
WPBSA rules state that a player choses (nominates) a colour as his "ball on" after potting a red. As you can see by the follwing excerpt from the rules, satisfactory nomination is required. As you will see from watching pro snooker, taking aim at an obvious colour without any other indication is still satisfactory to the referee. If you watch enough, you will see situations where the ref will ask for clarification when the shot is not obvious, and maybe even the odd miscue where a foul is called.

SECTION 2. DEFINITIONS

12. Nominated Ball
(a) A nominated ball is the object ball which the striker declares, or indicates to the satisfaction of the referee, he undertakes to hit with the first impact of the cue-ball.
(b) If requested by the referee, the striker must declare which ball he is on.

A nomination is required by the rules, even if the indication is just to take aim at a single ball. I am afraid that you cannot change these rules Panther ;)
Beppe, ur trying to back out of your corner.
I said you dont always have to nominate your color.
It is common sense when you aim at an open color that that is the designated ball. No need to copy and paste facts and figures from the net when the point has already been made clear by ME and stating that you DONT have to nominate your color if it is an open ball already.

Thanks ;)
Corner, what are you talking about? Your designated colour IS your nominated colour. Just because you don't have to send a handwritten statement of intent to the ref each time, it doesn't mean it isn't nominated.
lol thanks for just agreeing with what i said? Designated ball is same as nominated ball, i knew that already but thanks :)
>I said you dont always have to nominate your color.
>>It is common sense when you aim at an open color that that is the designated ball
>>>Designated ball is same as nominated ball, i knew that already

In the first point you said that a colour does NOT have to be nominated. In the second you suggest that aiming at an open colour designates it as the ball on. In the fourth you are saying that designation and nomination are the same thing, effectively suggesting that you DO nominate a colour on each shot. Get what I am saying yet?
sorry, third - I know the rules, I just can't count :p
listen... u dont have too nominate if it isnt obvious simple

ye lol :$ if its obvious dont nominate
panther i watchsnooker more than any other sport if u did ud understand me