« Back to All Topics
behaviour at an all time low
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
something needs to be done about all the bad language from certain players on here. It seems every game turns into verbal abuse, mocking etc. I am sick of it. I even got it from a pink ball today whos name is like that of an 80s male singer. shall remain nameless. can we make a list of players who do this so we know who to avoid playing? It is like an epidemic. infectious name calling, like bird flu ! 

weed out the nasty people and keep this game friendly like it should be.
you mean rick astley ;\?
lol he is a baby just ignore him, your own fault mute is there so use it :|
i agree  nearly every game is abuse ridden, all that needs to be said is gg gl gs ns ty . trouble is when these thugs(kids) start you feel the need to answer back which in someway is stooping to thier very uneducated level,ive been drawn into this ..but only if provoked, ive learned from the first abuse.....to take ss and hit mute.
erm?....sorry smart, dont really see how it is my fault. Perhaps you would like to re-phrase that ridiculous comment.

Memphis, you are correct but ss doesnt seem to do much.

I had a muslim guy the other day saying kill all westerners and rXXX your women etc...

sent a ss and the next day he was still there abusing people in the same fashion. laughing at me saying "I'm still here"

Then there are the stalkers like warhorse who is well known by the mods yet is still here everyday following people, talking rubbish and abuse and ruining their games.

Why does the internet attract so many immature idiots ?

cos the little kids can hide behind a monitor.  they cant in real life. 
and why should we have to mute these people.  they should be banned end off.  i cant see how a mute button is a concilation for theyre behaviour.  
What are you talking about! What is the mute button for? :|

A moderator would tell you to do the same thing, so if you can't press a simple button then it is your fault :)

You like any other player does not have to listen to such rubbish, so use the mute :|

Now what part of my comment was ridiculous ;\?

your right ss dont seem to work,itll just come to the point where there will be no speech allowed then these idiots will have to find another game to ruin
>Why does the internet attract so many immature idiots ?

They like to think their life is worth something :|

It's all good saying there's a mute button, but until they abuse you in the first place you can't predict they will say anything :p

Just concentrate on winning instead of reading their comments ;) Reply to their abuse through a good thrashing on the billiards table :D
I often find myself laughing at the ridicule of these who think they're hard behind their monitors, so I don't bother using the mute button. A mod telling us to just use mute seems like the shorthand way of saying they can't be bothered to look at screenshots and ban them.

[Edited by: Mervin on Feb 12, 2007 12:50 AM]
  Just ignore the verbal abuse, mocking etc,etc,etc and use the mute button. Thats what it's there for. Just play and have fun instead of  making usless posts like this one:)

χέ№™ 
(not so) Smart, it is the bit where you say it is my fault. It is not any players fault if their opponent starts spouting abusive nonesense. You can press mute after they have said something but it is too late then. 

You are the kind of person who would say it is a girls fault for being attacked because they are wearing a skimpy dress. 

Be smart, dont empower these idiots. I will attempt to start a list in the forum of players who have been offensive. Not sure the Mods will go for it, we will see.

I have given up on the ss's, nothing ever happens.

<<<<<<<I don't know why your SSs weren't acted on but the SSs are seen by many mods.  Sometimes including the game and room # the offense occured in is helpful.  Do not start a list in the forum with players names, that will get YOU in trouble.>>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Feb 12, 2007 7:35 AM]
listen ok so they say the comment before you can mute, so what :| it is total nonsense anyway, and just internet rubbish ;\
laugh at there comment and press mute and it's all good :D

>You are the kind of person who would say it is a girls fault for being attacked because they are wearing a skimpy dress. 

How Veryyy Dare You :|
I personly dont think all SS are looked at I could be wrong but its what I think and for the mute button thing I myslef am a subcriber and the mute button it forever for subcribers unless you unmute them (bad idea) but for non-subs the mute will ofen disappear I know this because I have a few non-subbed nicknames and it has happened to me many so often

Thanks -C-C-
I didn't mean to post twice if I did :S
I dont know why people are so offensive on here. Perhaps if we cant make a list of offensive players perhaps we can make a list of nice ones? perhaps FOD will let us do that. 

I was playing a black ball the other day and because i went 10 points ahead he started calling me all the names you can imagine, named after a certain boxing film currently showing at a cinema near you!

Incidentally I won
well, some are bad losers who are angry, but some just enjoy starting trouble it seems, i dunno why they do it either ?
some are kids which excuses them in some way, but there are plently of older people who are just as offensive as well.
Ok I'll chime in now.  Yes behaviour has been at a low lately, and yes there is a mute button...but if I remember correctly a mod told me once that this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY site, thus abuse should not be taken to light no matter if there is a button there or not.  I don't believe in the "mute button" and thus don't use it much, I use it for chronic abusers yes but only after I send an SS of their behaviour to moderators.  It should be sorted out by the mods as is because in their own words this is a family friendly site.

fearn B-)
precisely, there are all kinds of people on here, young and old. It is sadly a growing minority of people who like to be rude and aggressive and they need to be removed. The other problem is that they just get a new ID if they are banned despite the fact that FOD are quite able to block any URL permanently. 

> something needs to be done about all the bad language
> from certain players on here. It seems every game
> turns into verbal abuse, mocking etc. I am sick of
> it. I even got it from a pink ball today whos name is
> like that of an 80s male singer. shall remain
> nameless. can we make a list of players who do this
> so we know who to avoid playing? It is like an
> epidemic. infectious name calling, like bird flu ! 
> 
> weed out the nasty people and keep this game friendly
> like it should be.

Here Here!  Nobody should have to put up with that kind of nonsense when they're playing a game.  Whether it's a sore loser or an arrogant winner, that kind of stuff oughta be stopped.  Is there a way to report people officially?  

<<<<Yes there is a way to stop it.  First do not list their names in the forum, second click here 
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=12&thread=30630&tstart=0&trange=30
 >>>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Feb 25, 2007 10:23 PM]

<<Refrain from personal attacks & insults, or your forum priveledges will be revoked.  This warning is for all posters>>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Mar 1, 2007 5:33 PM]