« Back to All Topics
8-Ball bugs
Posted in 
Billiards
8-Ball bugs
Posted in 
Billiards
8-Ball bugs
As every new game, the new 8-ball pool might contain some bugs, even in spite of an extensive testing.

Please collect them in this topic, in case you found one.

Thx

OP
hits his ball pots my ball and gets another go lol
Found bug... when u shoot your own ball.. into a opponents and it pots.. and your ball doesnt .. you still get to play as if it was yours...

easy points :D
dont know if its a bug but when i try to login to any room it says ''Out Of Memory.''
When my opponent potted my ball, he played again... that doesnt exist in real
playing a game im solid but i pot a stripe but still my go :|
"You pot opponent's ball and it's still your turn" bug fixed.

OP
If u really wanted to do that version more realistic, i can say than the 8ball balls shud be bigger than blackball, like in real, and the table too
hi, not sure about this but when im in shooting mode the spin option is moving alsoi ts weird hope this helps and gets fix soon. Thanks!

Few times my screen went blue, happened today and yesterday I believe. 

Darren 
SOME OF THE CHAT DOES NOT SHOW WHEN YOU TYPE IT SHOWS ON UR SCREEN BUT NOT TO EVERYONE ELSE
I played ekelalfred earlier. He broke off and didn't pot. Then I potted a stripe and game says Foul, non-fair break. Has this happened to anyone else?
When i try to log in it says "out of memory":|
[img=
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/TriggySri/ss.jpg
]

Needless to say after I shot a foul was given. :(

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
^ Same happened to me in 9-Ball but a foul wasn't given.

By the way how do you get that image directly onto the forum, I've forgotten how to do it?
The exact same thing happened to me 2 times now.
I have noticed a problem with the new 8 ball version.

If I shoot the ball(s) hard sometimes the ball(s)'s edges are missing when I hit it/them.I didn't notice this problem with the old version.

I couldn't take an ss because it is too fast to capture it.
I'm just curious that someone has this problem too or my video card or my screen can't handle with this kind of situation. 

Thanks,
[img=
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/TriggySri/bug.jpg
]

@ OP/DEVELOPER - Every now & then I still get this bug where the white ball lands inside another ball.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Hi!
I wrote another thing on a subject, maybe I will see it coming up? This time I want to inform that the underspin is not good, and some other things, if you dont mind.
I have been playing on flyordie for years and havent found anything better.I play billiards and chess mostly.
Or try too.

1: some players can do underspin even if the white ball is close to cussion, and at least some underspin. And if I have at least 20 cm space behind the white ball, almost anyone can make an underspin. But it didnt work. (You can loose a game for less, if u dont know how u can be able to play the next ball in the order. I did one ball along the short cussion, taking the white ball out on the table, to pocket another into the opposite end of the table, and the white ball was laying free as the colored ball was. I had at least 20 cm space behind me but couldnt do the underspin to brake up the balls behind.  

2: And in real billiards the balls roll more, compared to these balls in both pool and snooker, in both the old and this new program.

3: And spin is also different, not to mention the angels the balls are going. A balls way with spin can be foreseen only by the shooter, for example, a spin can be in function after several hits by passing balls etc.
Or I can have a left spin, hit a ball on the right, and still have spin when hitting the several cussions. . 
And this example: in real pool I can shoot the ball to the right into the long cussion and then hit the short cussion, and then return to the same long cussion, and do what I intended.
And What about jump with the ball?
I saw that on internet in a competition so I guess that it is possible according to international rules, since I saw it. Why not have that here? And more spin, even close to cussion. Because you can hit the ball from above and in that way make at lest some underspin.
I mean, it could still be dependent on the players skill or ability to make such shots. 
I guess internet games gets better and better.
I guess its very advanced to make it good.

20 sm space and not be able to make underspin isnt normal. Dont know if this is a bug or if it is the program.

Thanks for a good and free game site!

mrjimmmy
Sweden
Thank you for your constructive suggestions.
Actually, the spin limitation system is currently being revised, which will hopefully give a more realistic solution.

OP
The bug regarding the white ball penetrating another ball has been resolved.

Hi, I have noticed something strange in the new 8 Ball version. I don't know if it was ment to be like this or that it is a bug.
However, it seems like a bug to me and that's why i made this post.

It's about the number of frames in a match. If I put this on 3 it means I will play 3 frames when I play an opponent. However, if my opponent leaves during a frame I only get a win for the current game and not a win for the frames which weren't played yet? Sorry for my crappy English. Do you undertsnad what I mean?

Here's an example: I have won the first frame and we are now in the 2nd frame. If my opponent leaves during this 2nd frame I only get two wins: 1 from the first frame and 1 because my opponent leaves.
However I had set that I wanted to play 3 frames every time. Therefore, in my believing, I should win the (not played) 3rd frame also. My opponent knew that he was about to play 3 frames with me, so he knew what the consequences of leaving at that time were.

Am I right and should I get 3 wins? Or do I get only 2 wins because only two games are really played?

oh I forgot I knew another bug too.
It's about the break off. If you pot a ball (not the white) at the break off, the table still remains open instead of assigning the two types of balls to both players, but it still is my turn.

For example: If I pot a striped ball at the break off, I don't get the stripes assigned but it's still my turn.
I only get the stripes assigned if I pot another striped ball next. However, if I pot a solid ball next then i get the solids and my opponent the stripes.
If I don't pot any ball and my opponent pots a striped ball, he gets the stripes assigned.

This wasn't a problem in the previous version

If you pot a ball (not the white) at the break off, the table still remains open instead of assigning the two types of balls to both players, but it still is my turn.

That's not a bug, it's one of the proper rules which have been introduced here.
i was playin a person and it did not show tht he was set for pro rules and bos 3. anyway we played th first gm and i shot one of my balls in the proper pocket but still said  foul. he won that game and i left..He got 3wins  and i only played 1 gm  with him. Had it shown he set it for bo3 i would hv played more,but it did not show he was set for pro rules or bo3 . now if you look at my info it looks like i gv him 3 wins in one min 
Effective match settings are visible in the challenge dialog. Also, if a match consists of more frames a dialog will pop up at end of frame indicating the next frame will start automatically after you close the "Frame Over" dialog.

With this rules Martin its easier to break and clear..
With this rules Martin its easier to break and clear..

I'd rather play with proper rules than fictional rules...
look at position of white  right on top of 15 ball 

[Edited by: geelong6 on 14/09/2011 7:00 AM]
Well all is fine, I would say about 20 min into playing my opponent the game focus decreases from clear to relatively blurry. 

Darren   
>>Well all is fine, I would say about 20 min into playing my opponent the game focus decreases from clear to relatively blurry.

[img=
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/TriggySri/lol-1.jpg
]

:D

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
hahahahaha lewis, I was thinking that too. Maybe if I used the bottom of 2 jars to form glasses the game would increase then I could see it in super 3d hd.

Ok, I open 8 ball once and it pops open twice. Also it has been closing itself on occasion.

Darren