« Back to All Topics
Snooker
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker
Posted in 
Billiards
Snooker
The long awaited new snooker update is here today.

The update includes all the new features that has been known in the other pool games, together with new, more realistic snooker rules.
Namely: 
- nomination of color after red
- free ball
- foul and a miss
- automatic win
etc

OP
Just tested it out, it's really great. I will be playing more snooker now. I tried old version and after getting used too the new it was extremely weird lol. Good update OP/Developer.

Darren
Thanks Op is it possible to put the quick snooker and room 1 separate ratings?
I have heard that suggested already would be really awesome :)
Quick has separate rating/toplist now.

What about snooker light OP, you adding it too the new version?.

Darren
Can you make the balls smaller and
the pockets bigger. :p
Thank you OP best update of the lot :)
I do understand that it's not over popular and so on, but I feel if you guys added a new version to snooker light people would play more, I'm one of those people.

Darren
WHy in quick is small table like light?
Lite has been integrated with quick. It is now quicker and liter, hope you like it this way.

OP
Yeah n1 OP but Quick Snooker hasnt updated for me and i dont know why..:S
Room1 has though lol
Quick is not on small table as lite, it is rather e mid-size table.

OP
Just tested it and well I can't say anything bad about it,  it's better this way and I do hope others like this. The table size is fantastic not too small not too big, hands down in my opinion a good choice.

Thanks for the update guys and I will continue subscribing!.

Regards, Darren (PS) last post from me lol
It is possible to make unrated room in old version snooker? 
WHYYYYYYY cant i get into the new quick version loool.. its still the ame for me yet room1 has changed.. some1 help:(
Why did u remove light and separate ratings?
ah sry didnt see u didnt update light
There are a lot of buttons (Pass, Free ball, Move, Shoot, Aim, Fine aim, Nominate...) and only 30 sec to shoot. It's really impossible. 45 sec would have been cool. 
Why have you removed snooker light, some of us dont have good eyesight and could only play on that table, can't even have a full game anymore, the new game is really rubbish the controlls are too small to see and not enough time to take aim, will give it a try for a while but cant see i will get used to it, have to look for another site now.

Great update OP, really like the new graphics.  I will be playing snooker a lot more.

Thank you.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
DrWho:

The font size on the buttons are basically the same, but the area on which you can click in order to activate any control is actually bigger.
Moreover it is now possible to resize the game if you want the whole thing to be bigger on your screen.
I hope you will get used to the new arrangement soon.

OP
I can also suggest to try to use the 'hotkeys' for the most common controls, which are:

left mouse button - aim
CTRL + left mouse button - fine aim
S - spin
M - move
right mouse button OR space - shoot

this will make things more comfotable and quicker, you will not have to bother about buttons.

OP
the quick snooker version should be on full size table with a seperate one for snooker lite on that size table. 6reds n small table is silly long shots r too easy n u only need to pot a few balls to win. 
"u only need to pot a few balls to win"

that's why it is called "quick".
If you do not want it to be quick, and want larger table, why don't you play the normal one?
been waiting for this update to come to snooker since the black ball game came out, now my perfectly weighted safetys to the baulk cushion will get the merrit they have always deserved
Update is great, thanks for it! I've preferred updated 8-Ball, but now I will play snooker much more than ever before :)

But, unfortunately, I have to say that combination of Light and Quick snooker is not the best thing you have done. I used to play Quick if I don't have much time or if I don't want to play one game so long for any reason. But now, Quick snooker is actually another game as normal snooker. If you could solve this in any way, I would be really happy.

But who knows, maybe this will force me to play normal snooker :) 

In any case, THANK YOU very much for this update ;)
Could you please explain what is the problem with the new quick? 
As you mention: 
"I used to play Quick if I don't have much time or if I don't want to play one game so long for any reason."

With the smaller table, the game is supposed to be a bit easier, therefore an average frame should be a bit shorter/quicker, which should come useful when you do not want a long match for some reason.

Thx

OP
who do i update the new version or download it .
i am a subscriber

Well, I just liked a possibility to play quicker snooker, which was as difficult as normal snooker is. Sometimes I don't want to play one game for 15 minutes and I play rather 3 frames per 15 minutes.

So I liked quick snooker just quicker, not easier than normal snooker.
Seeing as all is changing and light isnt being updated.. Would it be possible to have a version of quick snooker as such but with 15 reds?
You should of reset all of the snooker ratings, its like a completely different game in terms of angles and power etc.
Also could we have the zoom in/out option back as optional maybe? i prefer that to look around the table rather than the +/-. 
There are several ways to use the zoom now:

- click on '+'/'-'
 - mouse wheel
 - middle mouse button and move mouse
 - 'z' key (SHIFT + 'Z' for zoom out)
 - '+' key on the numpad ('-' for zoom out)

I hope you will find one of these feasible.

OP
Really like it.

A couple of points.  I think 40 seconds is plenty of time and, I would have liked to have seen that cut. Also, it would be nice to have a snooker sound when pocketing the ball.  Using the Pool table one spoils it a bit.
Ah right, the mouse wheel is the best option, thanks.
love the new update, defo gonna play snooker more!
nice one.
is it possible to make 1 or 2 more quick snooker rooms visible on the snooker page??
ty.
Maybe it'd be better if the Billiards room wasn't empty whilst we were playing, i know its new this game and all but not going to do our confidence any good with an empty club whilst were playing :D Just a thought.
I agree Kofur

Quicker not means Easier.
Now there are 3 identical games, Blackball-Pool8-Quicksnooker.

I would like to see differences between Pool and Snooker, but at the moment I cant.

One good player in pool now is good in snooker too.
Before was not.
They were differents games and differents skills needed to play some good billiard game. 
Now seems to play same game

suggestion :-
in new version it should be possible to change room while we are in any room (room 1 to room 2)
arrow over ball is so annoying & sometimes covers pocket, its pathetic
The arrow will disappear when changing to fine aim mode (pressing CTRL), or shooting mode (right mouse button).
Tariq Mir: changing rooms quickly is a privilege of our subscribed members currently.

OP
.Pıkachu: I suggest you take a closer look if you do not see any difference between pool and snooker.
The timer in quick needs +5 more seconds, its ticking far to quickly epescially when you need to elevate, anyone else agree?
Would it be possible to have a full version with the mid-sized table you have for quick ? Then 147 would become alot more possible :D
Operator: I don't see many differences, same angles of shot, same skills. 
Table is a bit larger than 8ball, but definitively snooker now is same game of ball8 with different color balls.

I agree with the time. At least 30/35 secs would be perfect.

Thanks for your attention
I agree with Vanian full version on mid table but keep shorter version also
Yeh, that would be better coz i dont like playin on the massive table, but quick is too quick.
Pikachu is totally right, snooker was hard in new version but now an average 8ball player can play rly gd in snooker..
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/oldga.jpg/

Some players in the old version here :p
everybody who perfers the old version then go there if not pllay room1 :)

Old version >>> www.flyordie.com/snooker 
scroll down for old version :)
Extra 5 seconds is need for sure & adding full amount of reds to quick snooker would be amazing i think update would be complete then. 
So you want more time, more reds, bigger table.
Well, normal snooker is what you're looking for, not quick.

why we not keep quick with normal tables )?
quick is now snooker on pooltable .
2 different games. makes no sense for me.
>>So you want more time, more reds, bigger table.
>>Well, normal snooker is what you're looking for, not quick.

That's not what were saying, in quick the timer seems as though it comes on pretty fast at times, an extra 5 seconds would be very helpful, i think if you could add full reds into the quick sized table, that would be a very popular game on here, probably more popular than the quick version and would definately be more fun to play. 
You say add more reds. Others say add bigger table. Then we got normal snooker I guess.
Vanian you want Lite snooker.

I would like to play in the big table of normal snooker,but with less red balls like was old version.

> quick is now snooker on pooltable .

no its not. It's bigger than pool.

> 2 different games. makes no sense for me.

Well, would that make sense if two games were identical?
The point is that different table sizes bring more variety. In real life there are also different snooker table sizes, 12 feet, 10 feet, and even smaller.
If you prefer big tables, then normal snooker is for you.
The tables fine.

Maybe in the future you could consider adding a full table version of the quick, that's all im saying.

Thanks for listneing anyway Fod have improved so much at feedback over the last few months.
Pikachu its not Lite, its obviously a bigger table than Lite, go try the old version and you will see.
First of all, the new rules added into the game (free ball, nomination of a colour, foul and a miss etc) are fantastic and make it so much more realistic and it's more enjoyable to play, excellent work by the flyordie team. However, after waiting for a long time for the snooker updates, I am very very disappointed there is no snooker lite update. This was a great game, and I know many people are gutted there is no new and improved update for this game. I am sure if there was a vote on the forum, that people would really like the old snooker lite back, but just a new, updated version. I can see what flyordie has done with quick snook, by trying to make a combination of quick/lite but it's not the same and isn't working, and people in the lobby area tonight have moaned about this. 

The only other problem I have with snooker is the size of the balls. They are really very small in my opinion and the long shots can seem impossible at times, especially if your eyesight is not the best. Subscribers use to have the option of using PC Game and 3D size, but now that is not possible. As I say, I think the new rules added are excellent and the tables are good, but I think you definitely need to go up a size with the balls and strongly consider bringing back snooker lite as it was and leave quick snooker how that use to be, rather than trying to mix the two together. I think it is nice to try these things to see if they work, but I really don't think the majority of people are happy that the original snooker lite has gone. Maybe make a new version of snooker lite and also keep quick snooker how it is now, and let people have a choice of which style of game they prefer.
I think FOD should remove the old version completely, because there are so few players :)
It is now possible to switch between snooker and quick without closing/opening windows.

OP
Would be good also to add information into players info, such as:

max break -
number of century breaks - 

I'm sure a lot of players want it very and i am one of them. Is it posible.

TY
Foul and miss rule is completely wrong. Even when you get snookered by urself and u miss the shot, the other player has the possibility to make you repeat! Another mistake is when u need snooks (for example there is 18 remaining and you are 28 behind, if you snook your opponent and he doesn't hit it, you can make him repeat. I hope you fix those mistakes.
Could we not have the option of choosing
how long we get for each shot before a game 
starts? Like 30, 45 or 1 minute per shot. I
am loving snooker quick but I am pants at the 
game, haha. I understand it is called quick 
for a reason but if we had the option to slow
it down a bit it would help my game.

Yes i agree with Ronnie that would be cool
Hate to be a party pooper but detest this new version, can't be done with the cue action/swinging, the arrows over the coloured balls stating the obvious (does that really need to be there ?!), the graphics etc. etc. and I think you should keep the old version active even though the amount of participants (at the moment) are diminishing, the few that are remaining are complaining about the new version so it's not everybody's 'cup of tea'.
get rid of old version & snooker lite & add 15 reds snooker on smaller table with update makes perfect sense.
2 errors with sizes in my opinion.

The balls are just too small. Not expecting them to be like 8 and 9 ball size, but think they need to go up one more size, and will then have much better chances for bigger breaks. They look the size of marbles on long distance shots. Also the blue arrow just doesn't need to be that big, it is off putting straight away before you prepare to line up using fine aim, that could easily just be a small blue arrow, and that would help alot!
What about an unrated room for Quick Snooker OP?. Just wondering if your adding it ,or not going to bother, not a big deal really, but it's always nice to have an unrated room.

Darren
Why u remove old version from 
http://www.flyordie.com/snooker/
 ? but its still possible to play from link to old version
is there anyway to make the snooker screen fit my whole computer screen? since the game only fits like a corner of my screen? is there anyway to change resolution for full screen? if not is there anyway you could do that? :P thanks
 The update includes all the new features that has been known in the other pool games, together with new, more realistic snooker rules.
Namely: 
- nomination of color after red
- free ball
- foul and a miss
-  
but only if i subscribe ,,,,,otherwise  i dont get a free ball
try minimumising your screen,mouse over task view,left click,then click back onto your snook screen.
In one FRAME, I played 104 minutes because my opponent always use much time to get one shot. I think 30 seconds per a shoot is enough.
"u only need to pot a few balls to win"

that's why it is called "quick".
If you do not want it to be quick, and want larger table, why don't you play the normal one?

Because when u play off the pack with 15 reds they hardly move which in addition to the 1minute clock which is far too long in my opinion should be 25second all games means a frame can take an absolute age to complete. I have recently discovered the solution to this problem though which is to clatter the reds everywhere off the break and not bother with safety. Sorry the slow reply op had things to do.
You really play really really fast, Mark Selby. It is very co cky! :D