« Back to All Topics
New Pool game: Bank Pool
Posted in 
Billiards
New Pool game: Bank Pool
Posted in 
Billiards
let me take that back lol. its (N) 
Its ok but why cant you play rail first BANK shots?
Because that's the rule of bank pool.

OP
Unfortunately not a game for me :(

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Well It takes way too long for starters, in my opinion it's not a very good choice of games, no offense!.

Darren
Not a game for me but thx anyway OP atleast u let us have a taster of what its like :)
I think the games take too long, even to get
to 5 points is hard enough, especially for
crappy players like myself, I was going 
backwards, haha, think my opponent just got 
bored to death as he just left the game!

How about putting a timer on the game, like we
have with power snooker, then when time runs
out whoever has the most points is the winner,
or if points are tied either play on until 
someone gets one more point or call the game 
a draw. Thanks for another game though OP!
This game is very difficult to play. Some shots are not even bankable.
What makes it very difficult is not the bank shot but because you have to CALL the POCKETS when it is banked. Please remove that.
The game is obviously not for beginners, it is meant to be somewhat difficult.

We do appreciate any suggestion about how to make the game more interesting.

OP
only call pockets in pro rules & 10 mins time limit. who evers ahead wins or tie if the score is level.
If i pot over 1 cushion and hit the cushion in hole it does count as a cushion?!?!
Very weird to be honest.

Tommy
The game is not difficult due to the callshot.
Removing the callshot would not make it considerably easier, as kiss shot, carom shot, etc. is still not allowed.
If we remove these rules, and any bank shot counts, then this game will be a paradise for hit'n'hope players, which is not its purpose.

The time limit might be a good idea, but then the player who scores 1 point would be too much tempted to delay the game as much as possible. 

So after seeing the game being run for a couple of hours now, our idea is to remove a couple of balls, and default version would be 5 balls, 3 needed for a win, -3 needed for a loss (9 balls remaining for pro mode).

OP
The "cushion in hole" bug will be fixed soon.

OP
OP, i think that calling the pockets should only be in pro rules otherwise some games will take a long time and a time limit like 10mins would better
I quite enjoyed the one game I played, was over in five minutes, not too long. Removing the call pocket is an absolute no-no for obvious reasons.
I like the idea of lowering the number of balls as many balls on the table make it difficult to bank. Although I think the score of -3 and 3 to lose/win is a bad idea. 3 is just too low for a win. The game play must be improved in order to make bank shots easier, such as lowering the number of balls on the table. Keep the score to win at 5, BUT remove the "lose 1 point" if you scratch rule.
I would say leave it as 5 shots as banking 3 balls in a row i did earlier.. I just reckon the amount of balls should be lowered, Also a game timer added. But instead of worrying about players wasting time to try to win.. could you not update the timer to 30 seconds per shot or 25 seconds. 

Also, When somebody scratches and the opponent moves the ball and misses the bank, They receive a bad hit and -1..

I think players can cheat by potting the cue on purpose several times until your forced to get the -5 and final foul.

Power Snooker allows you to choose an amount of time to play for, If you could add that. It would be good as well as choosing the amount of banks to win the game if you are subscriber.

Thanks, Just some suggestions.
The game is awsome and very challenging. nice one  flyordie.............  2 thumbs up on this one
Thanks Op ,nice game and as you said this game is not difficult for Pro pool players.
Just a simple modification , bank the cueball before potting balls would be very nice if it counts when the ball is in 

Roger (Translator.)

[Edited by: Translator on Dec 22, 2011 7:47 PM]
its too easy to pot by hiting rail first
The game has been modified somewhat based on your feedback, in order to make it more interesting for even more players.

The modifications include:
 - ability to choose 5, 9, 15 balls (default 5)
 - "Pro mode" now means basically the previous normal mode
 - normal mode (non-pro) now means that a foul does not decrease you score, and no extra ball is put back on table, but opponent gets ball in hand
 - in pro mode -3 points means loss of frame, point difference of 3 (or 5 or 8) also means end of frame

Hope everything's clear ;)

OP

Awesome! Thanks for taking everyone's suggestions into consideration. :)
Can you please have Bank Pool listed on front page? There is never any players online at certain times.
With all the new regulations placed, I notice 3 is too low to win. An appropriate score would be 5.
Op if u made it so that u dont have to call the ball and pocket this game would be a lot more popular i bet
i would play it and a lot of others would..
Don't get the need for this one.

Like pulling teeth. Each to his own though.

Table with no pockets? Pure billiards....cricket..Why not do the lot?
Pure billiards would actually be pretty cool
If you are creating new games, I feel as though Rotation would be a fun and exciting game. Havent tried banks yet but ill def. give it a whirl. 
Just imagine, a billiard game you could score in the thousands.....
Paul.. if you dont use call shot everyone would fluke. ;)
So it wud be called "Hit and Hope Pool"

Can we have a Kiss Call option ?

Roger (Translator)

[Edited by: Translator on Dec 24, 2011 2:39 PM]
i think its ment  for the more skillfull players i like it for a change will help me with my bank shots find it hard but practice will make u better so stop crying n play it more guys or dont just dont cry about it
can bank pool be removed from flyordie or at least move this dreadful game from the compound list please
I do no think it should be removed just because some players do not like it, as long as there are some players who do like it.

OP
most people think the game is dismal, boring, slow & depressing so could you at least move from compound to give the 99.9999% of players who hate the game a better chance of climbing compound list & not lose out on points.
Can we have the BankPool game in the box while changing the Pool Games please ?

Roger (Translator)

[Edited by: Translator on Dec 30, 2011 2:03 PM]
most of the times theres 0,1 or 2 people in bank pool lol

[Edited by: Translator on Dec 30, 2011 7:09 PM]
Can you refresh please toplist, my name soent appear 

[Edited by: Translator on Dec 30, 2011 9:41 PM]