« Back to All Topics
Do you find it rude when someone says GG before a game ends
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
I find it rather rude and more of a "jinx" to the game. I'm talking about when someone says "gg" when the remaining shot is not so easy.
yes lol , they say gg then you miss :D
yes its a kind of 'last min trick' and about 60% of them even succeed in reversing the game. . .so my opinion in this regard is just to keep silent and concentrate on ur game. . .and later after playing the wining shot u can say ty. .u should be able to break that jinx. .good luck. .
Cheers!
It is rude because the game is not over, I think people do this to add pressure and play with your mind lol in hopes you miss, as they say this you feel obligated to make the shot with the added pressure I guess.

Darren 
This is the one thing that really irritates me on 8ball. Especially when you are about to take a difficult shot. This is 1 thing i never do to my opponent. I think it is very unsportsmanlike to say 'gl' or 'gg' before the 8 is down.
id like to reply this in the name of me when i said gg before the game finish i feel like it may will make the player shoot badly so not fair and rude :) hi from Turkey 
Saying GG Before finishing the game , clearly shows confidence.

Nothing Rude Really o.O.
its just a ( get your goat thing) no harm really.
Isso é para descontrolar seu emocional,nao deve ser feito!maliciosos fazem isso!
In real life, if you say (words to the effect of) gg before the game is over then the game is forfeit (a gimmie) and the player does not need to take the last shot (like in golf). In real life, if you try to gain advantage with this, it is pretty rude and you may end up in a fight!

But it happens all the time, I expect players to say it, so it does not bother me,

Someone is reading way too much into this.
It's just a matter of saying thanks and goodbye before someone just leaves.
I know I am never very good company right after a loss. :)
Bet they wouldn't say "good game" while their opponent was lining up the ball in a real game. 
Lol, dunno why you bother so much about it, most of the time the person saying GG bottles it & misses, thats when i nearly die with laughter o.o
i always mute player half way through game as i expect it to happen lol
It is rather annoying and not very sporting. Today i entered quick snooker tournament for the first time. I am red ball and hardly ever play the format.My first game was against a pink ball  I won the game then my opponent started giving me abuse "What a joke" "Why don't you play like this against reds" I then played him again,I was on a 20 break then he put "gg", of course he would go on to win the game by the pink.I know it's a tournament and people want to win, but come on, be fair.
Yes it is rude.  But it spurs me on to make sure I clear so it really is a GG (for me :p)
 Player "Kauto Star 5 " how can you talk about sportmanship when you make players to leave the game  saying "I have all day and I can take 1 min  for every shot in pro snooker? So come on  ...:D
Lol, why the false accusations? I am fair when I play (always greet and wish my opponent good luck, always apologise when I manage to fluke, always wait until my opponent has finished his/her break and play at a fast pace)watch any of my games and you'll see ;. This is coming from Madalin that has had names banned :D
When most people say that I think it's because they have confidence in the other person being able to make the shot and win, so, by looking at it in that way i believe it's a compliment. 
there will always be bad faith when the person knows it can lose

YES, but only if the player continues to play after sending a "GG" message.
My suggestion, to teach the players some manners, is following: 
If a player sends a single message with two characters "GG", the frame is automatically forfeited with a popup message: "You, sir, have realized that this frame is lost for any reason and by being a gentlemen player have sent a GG message stating that you forfeit the frame"
Please implement this as soon as possible!

Also it would be nice, if a player sends a GG message while the frame is still not lost which means that no snookers are needed to win the frame, to hack into players webcams and take a shot of their faces while this popup message appears with the picture added to a special thread called "GG madafaka".
I understand that the second suggestion is unlikely to happen but please at least consider the first suggestion.
U say that,But u left the game in the middle off a break against me at 30+. I,m sure it was you. Sometimes i leave to,but after a miss by myself before the player take a shot.
To be honest i sometimes do this, and it works more often than not. I dont really mind if it happens to me, i just play my shot. 

I play for a local pool team, and instead of saying "good game"  some players put there cue down and walk away from it, a silent signal to say the game should be over. This is all mind games and wont affect a decent players game.
Well said Rob, I play for a pub team in Ireland and same as that you put the cue away or start taking it apart to put added pressure on that u should finish :) Just mind games, great craic! ;) Damo
Its better when the oppint run and dont say gg

GL in games

20ı4 нσℓℓαη∂