« Back to All Topics
Players who leave match in your high breaks
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Just today a guy  with the Username Xrulz (green) left the game when i was in an 80+ break with pos on black and so he ruined my possible century. FOD has to change something about those players who leave the game when you are in a break and they see no chance to win the match.
Either way u get the chance to end ur break, or the players get a punishment for leaving.
It's really getting annoying when you are all focused in the break and u have thoughts going through ur mind like if that guy will run or hopefully stays... just distracting those thoughts...

Pls post ur opinion, maybe if we get a majority FOD wud recognize this problem. 

TY 4 reading and gl with the cents ;)

Best regards grüezi
I agree and have nothing more to add aside from personal experience. The other day I was on a break of 132 in Power Snooker when the guy left, citing my whole break as a "good cheat", bit annoying as it was an unfinished break.
FOD already recognized the problem.

Send a screenshot and/or mute the player involved permanently, so you will not need to face him/her anymore.
I think you should be able to finish your break after your opponent leaves, and also this player who leaves should receive (for example: 24 hour ban or demerit)
Thanks for recognizing it :)

My first idea is not to punish those players, I don't care if they feel like do this, but to have the chance to continue the break till you miss. Wud be great if we had this option.

(Y)
it happens always if you play with low rank players or unfair this problem is nothing new was always
I agree you should be aloud to finish your break if you're on a 50+ break but you cant punish someone for leaving.
Sorry but that's ridiculous. Breaks are just a bonus. Be realistic guys, this aint the World Snooker Championships.
So because the problem has always been present, we shud ignore it? I think it's time for a change, although FOD already changed alot - in a positive way. 
dont play unfair players and u wont have this problem, but i agree, fod shld fix this (probably asked several times yrs ago...).
Im sorry but i dont see this as much as a problem really!!!
are you really telling me that players take this so seriously when making high breaks that players can get banned purely because they have lost and leaving a match whilst the other player is on a break higher than 50???

i do have one idea to get around this that would mean players would not have to be banned or get a demerit point
there is a simple and obvious fix to this, let the person on the break finish even if the player quits. I cant see any argument against it, if u dont want to carry on just intentionally miss.

Jimnal's idea was the one i had and just so everyone knows i think if FOD was to go the other way aka players being banned and demerited because they quit when someone is on a high break that would generally put me off playing all snooker type games including snooker lite

just a bit of fun for everyone this website i personally feel but shouldnt be getting this serious 
If we allow the player to continue after opponent quits, it will only bring other issues that are even more unwanted, that is why it is not possible currently.

My best advise is to choose your opponents carefully.

"Strong" players (capable of making half-centuries/centuries) should play against other strong players, who are less likely to quit on high breaks.

If you play against not so strong players, and he/she quits, take it as a "practice game". Practice game breaks do not count in real snooker either...

Thank you for your understanding.

OP 
OP you said that finishing break after opponent quits will bring other issues. Can you name one? 
i dont agree with punishing people for leaving during game.
might be your high end break might be a number of reasons.
if something terrible happened in a world championship match im sure a player is allow to forfeit.
we are here and playing cause we enjoy playing in our spare time we are not forced to be here.
OP, what are those other unwanted issues??
if your opponent forfeits you win the game and the game ends.
continuing the game to see how much you would of won by for bragging rights would be considered bad sportsmanship in my opinion.
whiteghost its not about continuing the game to see how much you win by, if your on a high break and in with a chance to get a century and your opponent leaves surely you'd like to be able to finish it?
OP clearly cant name one

its kinda forced me to stop playing players that are highly skilled and take the game very serious (far to seriously for my liking)

OP clearly can name one, but it is rather technical, so I do not wish to get into any details, but I can tell you that these are mainly security issues.

Btw, no one is obliged to play against highly skilled players, I hope you can still find many players to choose from.
Iv just started playing snooker and im already getting sick of people just leaving when im on a break. 
One was 45 and loads of 30s. I know they are small breaks but my biggest recorded is 22. You should be able to continue your break regardless if the opponent leaves or not. 
Im already getting sick of people continuously moaning, complaining, no matter what we do.
An online game will never be the same as real snooker, it's about time everyone accepts this fact.

If your opponent quits, frame over, break over. Period.
If you do not like it, then just play without caring for max breaks, as before.

Btw, if you had 40's, then you should have 40 recorded, even if opponent quits at 40.