« Back to All Topics
whats wrong
Posted in 
Billiards
whats wrong
Posted in 
Billiards
whats wrong
when i challenge ppl in rooms it sumtimes jus freezes n u can see ppl tlkn but u cant challenge ne1 else.....:@ why is this
i happends to me too . i sometimes have to close the game and resign again and it is suck a pain. But it unfreezes when some1 else challnges you and the challenge screen appears on your screen. So you either wait until some1 challenges you or restart the game again..its long either way lol scotty
What annoys me more is watching your opponent break....then the balls totally re arrange themselves from what you just seen. Whats that all about?
What happens to me is... i challenge someone then there is a loading arrow that wont go away unless i reconnect!
yea i get that aswell murphy sometimes it shows the white go in and sometims it shows a srtipe or spot go in and when it comes 2 ure shots all the balls 2gether and still and open table
Yea, i have the same prob as scotty i challenge someone then it just freezes and you can not do anything but watch what peeps are typing in lobby and when i break some times the balls are going really fast then they all just stop.
is it me or does this crash if your playing a player with high ratings? happened 3 times in a row.....
FlyOrDie you really need to sort this out.....

FOD just because you have been having network problems i lost ratings because i was in the middle of a game ...and ur connection broke even though my internet line was fine......
either give me my ratings back or do something else!!!!!!
I am sure that FlyOrDie will soon sort this 
slight
 problem though.

Thank You
CRAIG_5000
In my experience of playing on FlyOrDie for some time, this usually only happens at that time of the night when our American friends decide to join us on the games. I.e. when there is a whole load of people taking up all the available bandwidth that FlyOrDie has to operate on. It happens. Unfortunately it happens with all online games to a certain extent, and there is very little that can be done about it.

Basically FlyOrDie have a set amount of space allocated to it. Think of it as a big pipe. A 
really
 big pipe. ;) Now every time someone comes online to play in the games, they take up some space in that pipe. Imagine that as a trickle of water. Now when enough people come online, and are all doing the same thing it turns into a flood! And sometimes there isn't enough space in the pipe to deal with all the water. So it leaks. This can be reprisented by the 'glitches' you occasionally see. 

This can also be attributed to the same thing happening with your connection. Occasionnaly your internet connection will 'hang' and when it decides to cary on working, it's got to catch up with what was originally happening. If you're in the games this can mean that you experience a lag when playing.  

It's just the games trying to play catch up with what's happening, and sometimes you might get booted off the servers, you might find your screen go's funny or you might not be able to challenge people. It's immensely frustrating, and if you're not in a game the easist thing to do is leave the room and come back in again. If you're still having trouble, try reconnecting to the internet. 

One of the obvious things is when you are playing a game, the cue takes ages to appear. It's one of the players connections slowing down, and causing the whole game to run at a slower speed than normal.

Now 
dragon_king
. To Threaten FlyOrDie over lost points is pointless (no pun intended). They're not doing this on purpose, it just happens sometimes. The best way to get around this is to accept that fact. It happens to us all at some point. There might be a technical guru out there that can shed some more light on the problem, but hopefully this simple explanation will help shed some light on the matter. 
I have also experienced the case of a ball going down from the break but then I get my go and it is 'open table'.
This must be a glitch in the game software, if the graphics just had to catch up then the ball would remain off the table.
My opponent didn't see any ball go down on his/her screen but I both saw & heard the 8 ball go in. After a few seconds the balls were re-arranged & the 8ball was still on the table & nowhere near the pocket.
Please try to find the problem, it seems that it happens to more than just a few people.

Thanks.

2of3
Mr bishi
that was not a threat it was a complaint....theres a huge difference and i was talking to FOD not you( no offence)..i dont think your a mod so stop making accusations...but i agree with what ur saying about the game.
flyordie since u changed this whole thing    its gone awol.......evrythings goin wrong so far.....the graphics r goin wrong........EVERYTHING......is going wrong!!!!!
mr bishi ur not even a moderator stop doing these long essays that dont help anyone
cant stop laughing fineaim....but its true 
mr bishi

you make ur sentences too long, prolonging the conversation. Next time be direct on what your saying. Half of the people here just ignore your opinions
dragon_king
Hi FineAim, what doesn't help you about what Mr Bishi said? Well frankly that little so called "essay" explained every little detail.
If you don’t know what was making those errors then that little essay tells you why

Mr Bishi mite not be a moderator but he sure knows his stuff.

:D Resistance :D

Dragonking what do you mean "next time be direct on what your saying"? You can’t be more direct on mr bishi's little speech that was as short as it gets.
You can’t tell anyone what to do and not to do when they reply to a forum! Why are you complaining when he even answered your question? :@ 

Resistance
Maybe I should get my friend Zombie Dave to explain it for you? 
so resistance if your telling me "not to tell any1 what to do in a forum"...what was the last post all about then?

dragon_king
Thrrr shrrrd mrrk hrrrm brrrgrrr rrrrn. Rrrrt rrrr lrrrrrrrrd rrrrf frrrgwrrrtz. Thrrr crrrn Errrrx rrrrrt frrrrrf. Mrrrrb yrrrrd brrr brrrrr orrrr wrrrr Xzzbrr. 

Trrrrt.
Mr Bishi i didnt say i never understood it. I did agree with everything you said...if you look at the post i made before

dragon_king
Well THAT makes it all better then!
No Scotty Dragon_King isn't a Moderator
 :p
I chipped a nail slapping my computer thinking it froze during my game!

Anyhoo... I'm sure FOD read this topic by now so all we can do is wait for them to put down the doughnuts and work on it. 

In the meantime... let's grabs our pool sticks and rumble!!