« Back to All Topics
Leagues.....
Posted in 
Billiards
Leagues.....
Posted in 
Billiards
Leagues.....
Just a simple straight forward question for members of FlyOrDie who use myleague.com.

Example: League A are currently the only league using roomZ and have been for some time now. Then leagueB come along, and start using roomZ without the league Admins consent. 

Is this against the rules?
Is it worth reporting to cases?
According to the Rules of Cases Ladder, any new leagues created on a site are not supposed to use a room already being used by another League.

However, at Flyordie there are considerably less rooms than players. What this means is that some compromises will need to be made.

If you have a league and it currently has no room to play in, and you still wish to keep the league active, then there several things you can do.

Find out which league currently occupies the room you want to play in.

Contact the Head Admin of that league by email asking them if they are willing to share the room.

If you negotiate fairly, and openly, you will find that many of the league Head Admins are willing to share rooms, providing it will not interfere with the current running of their league.

Of course if none of the league Head Admins are willing to Share a room thats a different matter, but i would at least find out who they are, where they are, when they run their tournaments, and if they are willing to share rooms. Until you know that information theres little point in going any further.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)

veriac, u say to ask PERMISSION at the admin of the league who is using the room !!

U are acting now like the admins are owning the league :s.

To remind you, Flyordie and Myleague have NOTHING to do with eachother. Two different site's, ok, So the rules of myleague arent to be used here.

This is all brought forward cause league "snooker" claimes that league "147break" are stealing their room. (room7)
I came back last month in fod, and never theer were tourny's noticed. Some people noticed it on the forum and asked frequently on msn after tourny's. Because after loking some days, i didn't found any league, me , goose and some others started 147break...

Now snooker league claims they were first !!!

Well, to everyone, go to the tourny calender of snooker league, than go watch the tournys they organized last 2 months--->3 !! (2 the 17th, 1 the 18th)

If you will compare it with our calender, you will see that since the day we started to use room7 we do every day between 4 and 8 tourny's, starting around the 13th , so we were the first league to use the room. We aren't claimiong it, but we just are showing we dont steal rooms like they are accusing us ..

big thanks, Ludovic

Hi βαd βwσγ™ 
This is a quote from Cases/Myleague Terms Of Use.

A Place to Play
Finding a room or a place for your league to play is your responsibility.  Take the time to investigate what Leagues are currently available for the game you are thinking of starting one for.  Consider whether or not the league has a chance of being successful before creating one. Sometimes it makes more sense to find a good existing League to join rather than adding another to a community that already has too many choices.  

At no time may you host your league in a room considered to be the home of an Official Case’s Ladder.  

Newly created leagues should look for a room that does not currently house an established league or must find a league that will agree to share a room.  If there are multiple existing leagues in a room, all must agree to a sharing arrangement.

ж2σξзж 
Below are the Rules stated by Cases Ladder when creating a New league.

Finding a room or a place for your league to play is your responsibility.  Take the time to investigate what Leagues are currently available for the game you are thinking of starting one for.  Consider whether or not the league has a chance of being successful before creating one. Sometimes it makes more sense to find a good existing League to join rather than adding another to a community that already has too many choices.  

At no time may you host your league in a room considered to be the home of an Official Case’s Ladder.  

Newly created leagues should look for a room that does not currently house an established league or must find a league that will agree to share a room.  If there are multiple existing leagues in a room, all must agree to a sharing arrangement.

If you are leaving one MyLeague in order to start your own league for the same game, at no time may you house your league in the same room as the league you are leaving without the prior permission of the Head Admin for that league.

Irrespective of the Rules here at Flyordie, when you create a new league at myleague.com the above rules are what you agree to, and those are the rules that they expect to be followed.

Here at Flyordie Exclusive use of a room is NOT granted to any specific league, nor should Flyordie be expected to enforce the Rules of regulations of an external site.

I would think very carefully when creating a league, because you then have 2 different sets of rules you must abide by. Flyordie will enforce the rules and regulations for playing here, but Cases Ladder is equally within their rights to simply remove a league if they feel that league is causing problems or is using rooms without the permission of established leagues already using that same location.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)

Consequences of Violating the MyLeague.com Terms of Use Agreement

MyLeague.com reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary to preserve the integrity of its Website and enforce this Terms of Use agreement.  Violation of any of the terms and conditions set forth above may result in action by MyLeague.com, including, but not limited to:

·         The possible, temporary or permanent, loss of the tournament toolset needed in order to utilize the tournament features of MyLeague.com.

·         The possible immediate suspension of your MyLeague.

·         The possible immediate deletion of your MyLeague. 

·         The possible forfeiture of any LadderBux you or any of your members have earned as a result of illegal activity.

·         The possible permanent ban precluding you from participation in any and all Case's Ladder's or MyLeague's, including the ability to create any future MyLeague.

The above is what cases state for those leagues unable or unwilling to follow the rules and regulations set out by them. Flyordie has no association with myleague, and therefore no control over what cases may decide to do if several leagues are unable or unwilling to find suitable compromises.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)
Yes this is FlyOrDie but Cases is in charge of leagues and has the power to delete a league if it finds out there is a problem with room sharing.
Like I told Veriac, there is no problem our end. 147break is happy to share the room with whoever comes into it, its not our room, and not once have we claimed it as ours.

The guy from another league said we weren't allowed in there because his league was created first. When that proved to be a lie he told us we weren't allowed in there cos he had created a tourney. We made a tourney for after his had finished, he made one and sulked because no-one would join. He has issued a complaint to Cases Ladder, I replied and am now waiting for their response.

As Head Admin of www.myleague.com/147break its up to me that this league is run properly and fairly, and as far as im concerned Cases Ladder and FOD will make sure that justice is served.

Paul.
Sorry Paul, this is not aimed at you, nor at any league in particular. 

It is simply an attempt to have all the leagues look at the issue and then for them to work out a viable solution between them.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)

Precisely, and like i said to you on msn veriac, i take no offence to FOD trying to do this, i know they're not placing blame on anybody. That doesn't stop me being mad though, because I tried to diffuse the situation yesterday with the other snooker league, and they would have none of it.

Thanks for your help.

Paul.
 Here is a suggestion i have used in the past to solve
 the conflict of two (2) leagues in the same room at 
 the same time, trying to run tournaments.

League A has 15 players competing, then league B enters
 the room with 10 players, League A could always mute
 League B, and vice versa, that way, no league will
 interfere in the other leagues tournaments. May be a 
 little time consuming, but it does solve ALL problems
 in regards to sharing rooms. 

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderator)
what is the other league that is using room 7?