« Back to All Topics
This is just wrong.....
Posted in 
Curling
This is just wrong.....
Posted in 
Curling
This is just wrong.....
I played a 6 end game.  After 5 ends I was winning 7-3.  My opponent had hammer going into the final end.  Before we started I quit the game.  My opponent was awarded 2 points but I still won 7-5 and I took all the points.

Even though in this example I was on the 'winning' end of leaving early - I still feel like I just cheated myself a win.

FlyOrDie really needs to change this up.  They replied in a previous posting saying they have it set like this because of a potential 'disconnect' - but the point system shouldn't be based on a 'disconnect'.

Regardless how many points they are winning by - if a player leaves a game early that should be considered a forfeit and they should lose the game and the points.

A 'disconnect' that results in a termination to the server among active players probably happens less than 0.5% of the time - so that's just bad luck if it happens to them.  If the player is good - they will earn those points back.

Please review.

ForeignExchange,You have a point here, but again… it is not a real life

If there is a way to find out whether it was a disconnection or intentional leave in this case the rules could be reconsidered, I presume. 
But it is not possible for now ,I guess, for site organizers.
So we need to live with these virtual rules of electronic games.

The rules improvement is obvious.

Happy Summer Days to all!