« Back to All Topics
Resign button
Posted in 
Curling
Resign button
Posted in 
Curling
Resign button
It might be a small issue, but it should be easily resolved. Like in snooker or chess, curling needs a resign button!

It is quite common that curling games ends in handshakes before or during the last end, as it is often practically impossible to score enough to even tie the game. Having to exit to the lobby seems unsportsmanlike, and sometimes you might want to challenge for a rematch. This should be made possible.

As a side note I would urge players to resign more often. Coming home more than four points down with hammer or more than two points without, is just a waste of time.
Agreed...the button should be labelled "shake hands" - WITH a confirmation screen though...some people might think it appropo to shake at the start of a match :)
I wish more players would resign when they know that it is impossible for them to win the match, personally all they have to say is gg & I resign. My problem is that this is a reasonable suggestion & I'd just like the Mods to answer & say if it can be done or not, that way we know & it saves others from continually commenting & then a Mod pops up at post 37 & says no it can't be done. Please clear comments or suggestions up faster.
I agree with Wullie, if the game is out of hand, simply say, gg & I concede/resign or whatever. (better than just running). A concede/resign button may be easier for language barriers though & cool some tempers.
I like this idea...would be a small step to improve this already great game :)
You should have to manually also go over to the persons house that you want to resign with and shake hands live to make it good :D
Yes.  I agree.  A "Resign" button is needed.