« Back to All Topics
End of an era - Talent1 says goodbye
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
The time has come when I leave FlyOrDie for good. This was because of someone who hacked my password and because my email was deleted after 5 years out of use, I could not get the password restored. 

I had a good time for the most part. Many people I have gotten to know and we've had a lot of fun together. Those of you who helped me have a good time and make this place a good place to stay I will mention. (if I forget someone, maybe they didn't mean that much to me, but I could):

long time members:
gabrielamihaela
WIND
JohhnyHR
Wnnter

newer meetings that I enjoyed:
Playing tournaments alongside Vikram Boss, Giest, gabrielamihaela in 2015 was a lot of fun. 

this group was a lot of fun to be with:
Wulliebhoy
Jock Kuta
High Maintaineance
JenJonesFan
NotJohnShuster

I finish as probably the most versatile player on FoD, as I could play about any game quite well on this site. I hope I gave people a good time and I wish you all best of luck in the future.

As many of you maybe know I am quite good at sailing, and this will be my focus from now on, together with studying. Bye forever.

Talent1

Well Talent its a real shame to see you go mate, it really is. You will be missed as you were fun but I wish you all the best in the future mate & hope to see you back 1 day. All the best   Wullie
Talent!

You will be truely missed on this site. Not only were you the BEST player here, but a true gentleman to go with it with no pretensions of Elitism ,

RIP talent
Goodbyes are not forever.  Goodbyes are not the end.  They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again.

I haven't talked to you much, but from the little I've seen you say, you seem like one of the nicest people one here. :)

Good luck with your future friend. :)
I did not talk so much with you, but u seems like a nice guy, and it was a pleasure to see you in action. It's a shame that there are people who did this to you.. Good luck in future Talent1.
It is sad to realize that our website becomes a legend. Talent1 one of the strongest players in the history of curling site. I always respect you and I hope in the future you still come back and bring joy its bright and unpredictable game. I wish you luck in life and success in your profession.
RYMATA
Talent, please don't do that, man!
At least come here once biweekly or monthly at least,  or as a last resort- when you can.
In fact, I've enjoyed a lot to play with Sailer.
Best curling player here ever so far, but Trout is approaching :S
Good luck, my friend and keep in touch!
Talent1 plsss dont go :(!! Good luck in anything what you will do and dont forget us!! Dont go :(
The short time I could talk with you, show me why you will be missed in this room. The Greatest champion of the game and a fine person, without the arrogance and "know-all attitude" other crowned players show in here (guess who). Hope you will went back.
why the big gesture talent just start a new account and rise quickly to your impressive heights all will know who u are.no need to over react

My old nick was Aiglon...I came back.

Maybe you should make Talent2. :)
Talent1, or should i say better Seiler , was my mentor, was showing me the joy of this game .

To be honest, its quite funny to say that bcs we never seen or meet in real life, but he rly was my truly friend here, and still is .

Wish you all the best, and all of the luck my friend .

When u decide to comeback again, just know here are allways at least 1 player and man who respect you, and thats me .

Greatings, JohhnyHR
Realy shame Talent will no more play

FAROUT best player with manny others who left already before

sick off cheating and transporting

300 er,VINNIE Jones,PIKACHU,Having Good Times etc etc

Curling level is only going down last 2 years realy a pitty

Seiler you where always a gentleman,and played regular on this side,and you wheren't adicted like last year somecalled (top-players) who live here 24/7 and still got not clue and TALENT,only playing litle feeders and can't beat the real deal!
And i understand why not make a new name because he isnt like FP/BRB/Trout who needs to make a New nick out of shame every 6 month
Nono Talent is the real deal and always will be
Wish you good luck m8 and sail away,thanks for the fun and good times

My main man Lars! Along with Johhny HR, you were my mentor and compadre up in here. We played some great games along the way. Wish you the best in the future Lars. See you in Rio come summer 2016. Surfs up mate :)
Lykke til med seilingen og studiene dine.. :) :@ :@
artificial-file, just wanted to say you, all the players you were calling they left, just 300er left of those .

All other on your list stayed and still plays on other nicknames .

Wonderboi22, dont you dare to left to, come back for old clashes :)
I suggest to open a vote. 50 votes needed, guys, for Talent to stay. 
Lars, you must respect the wish of 50 of your friends here. :-)
+1 , 49 needed
:-)
vote No 2 from me, and I hope all the good people vote for him to come back. Hurry back mate. 
10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 votes to STAY
2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 votes to STAY
3000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 votes to STAY
Talent, moderators must to help you! Cant beleved what is happening to you!
hi talent1 ,i have seen you have recovered the nik very well!as you say you have more important things to do and you can't stay here much time..it's right, here it is only a good place to have fun and you certainly can return sometimes for short time to have fun again with all players of this lobby.so i can say you bye and see you soon! :)
you have my vote too Talent !!

(Y)

42 ;)
Shocking that you were able to get your nick back...The hacker didn't even reset you! :O :D
Hacked?

Those kids from gomoku still doing it..so sad
Theres a group of people "Known to the moderators" that steal accounts of others and they do it because people don't use symbolized/custom passwords, if you want to avoid being hacked i suggest using a password using Character map symbols instead of regular letters/numbers..higher chance of keeping your account secure.
FOD users must be aware that we do not encourage anyone to join the moderation team from the lobby with a link provided: 
xxxxflyordiemodholxxxxx

Moderator application can only be found and submitted through 
http://www.flyordie.com/contact.html

When are the mods going to do something about the low life that hacked the TOP player and forced him out of the game. They know who it is and refuse to do anything about it. They think and rightly so that cloning is not on, yet allow hacking to take place, which in my opinion is a life banning offence. 
I just hope the take time out from the bar in the pool-hall and do something about it at long last.
Talent1, you will be missed for sure.  It was great to have someone with your ability on this site to balance other egos.  I wish you all the best.  So glad you enjoyed our fun group.  Take care and hope to see you back in the future.
Jock for Mod, get in there mate, you tell them.
>When are the mods going to do something about the low life that hacked the TOP player and forced him out of the game. They know who it is and refuse to do anything about it.

I think you are judging the Moderators without knowing the facts.
Believe me guys it's not as simple as just banning one person for it, its a group of them doing it and they have ways of hiding who they are on each name which is what prevents FlyOrDie from instantly banning them on the spot.

I know because they have done it to one of my oldest friends and one of the greatest players from my game "TANX" (TerminatorAzteca) A legend of the game from Brazil, who played since 2002, they stole one of his nicknames somehow then later on we found out they had all of his names and the mods had to ban them to stop the thieves using them which in return forced the real one to quit the game himself due to the fact he had lost all of his accounts without even doing anything wrong.

This group of hackers are a disgrace to this website and I wish I could do something to help. All i can do is help you guys become more aware by detailing it. It's not a rare issue they do it all the time mainly to old nicknames with dice to apply for GIFT subscriptions so they can use them in Tournaments to gain free additional subscriptions. They are what we here would call "Pathetic Specimens".

Keep your accounts more secure and don't click links unless they are posted by someone you know and trust. 
To use character map to make a more secure password you can locate it at the following path

Start Menu - Accessories - System Tools - Character Map.
Once you have it open and have selected characters you want to use as your password, copy and paste them into a document and save that document. Then go onto your account and change the password by copying and pasting the one on there. As i wrote above, be sure to use irregular letters and numbers this will make it more difficult for anyone to guess your password because that's what they do, they spend endless hours sitting there guessing passwords, key-logging players and tricking them into giving them their password.
Be sure to never give your password to anyone and that includes people you know very well on the internet and even in real life. 

If anyone struggles to change their password via character map symbols, post below and I will make a tutorial video for you showing you exactly how to do it.

Note : Do not post your password, email address or any other delicate information on here as these players also hack email addresses that I'm aware of, so to keep yourself 100% secure, don't trust a soul. Might sound harsh but that's the best way to keep your account intact.

It was obvious that I was a victim because they wanted to use my nickname for tournaments. If I would not have VIP nothing would have happened. No matter what happens I will never again feel safe, which kind of ruins my joy with the game. I was generally not suspicious that someone would try to hurt me. However, I did notice my fault quite fast which at least limited the damage somewhat. 
Talent1 - If you are still logged into your profile in your web browser it's still possible to re-secure it.

If you are still logged into it right now as you read this, stay logged into it as I can help you re-secure it.
Hello  Talent1

Because you was hacked is there any 1 in the lobby following you in games if so right the names down 

The player that hacked you all ways have a book mark ip 
ip blockers can not hide from this  all ip are logged 

There's all ways a way around ip blockers 
It's not as easy as I expected 

Keep safe smile more 
I hope you feel safe on FlyOrDie 
SKY-22

Goddess.
You are one of the few mods I would trust, but, I believe Talent1 when hes says what happened to him. I have always found him to be one of the true gentlemen (Myself and Wullie included haha) on this site and very helpful to novice players like myself.
Please look into this offence and hopefully bring the low-life to book T/Y
not being smart talent but doesnt this reply show that talent 1 is still in tact and not hacked or how would you have posted here under the nick talent???
chinees guy was 40
Jock 39
Me 38 to go