« Back to All Topics
Curling Tourney Disgrace
Posted in 
Curling
Curling Tourney Disgrace
Posted in 
Curling
Curling Tourney Disgrace
I am not a subscriber, and don't play in tourneys, but I just thought this needed to be said.

Someone has already posted about this, but I think it deserves to be said again. Today, in the curling tourney, Good Lucky once again gave points to Rymata near the end to give him the temporary crown. 

This is disgraceful. There were so many people, like davinfr, gabrielamihaela, WIND, and whitecrj, among others, who were fighting fair and square, tooth and nail, for the title. It disgusts me that Rymata and Good Lucky would collaborate to unfairly give Rymata more points.

There are witnesses who will back me up here- I'm not lying. As a spectator, it angers me that these two people would undermine the spirit of curling, and that all of the people playing hard for the crown didn't get rewarded for their superb play. 

Something has to be done about this- this kind of behaviour isn't fair to anyone, and certainly does not belong in an online curling game.
And just to update, Rymata did in fact win the tourney. Most likely because of that fabricated match.
Not fair results in this tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair, not fair, not fair !!!!!!!!!!!!
Shame for who give gifts!!!!!!!!!
From what I have heard this is NOT the first time this has happened with this pair. The Mods should at least have 1 observer in Tourneys or at least look at the replays which I believe they can do and come down on transporters.
I was playing in tonight's tournament and I am very sorry to see that Fly Or Die will condone the type of transporting of points that occurred there.  Moderators are quick to discipline other players for infringing on the rules, so why is this not being dealt with?  Subscribers deserve fair play in tournaments and games and it is the job of FOD to see that that happens...Get on the job!
I really did not want to write this post as 1 of them is a friend of mine or was lol, prob not anymore after this. This is the 2nd tourney in as many weeks where the same has happened by the same 2 people. Gab a few weeks ago brought this to your attention Fod & Chucky got disqualified so i'm sure that this result can be deemed void & 2nd place which would be Gab could be awarded the tourney win. Simply put it IS cheating & its totally unfair on the people who subscribe to play in the tourneys for this to be happening. I will not be subscribing again if this is going to be the normal thing in your tourneys now. You have a load of rules which you like to remind us about every so often so I suggest that you refresh your own memory & live by them too. There are enough players complaining but whether they will publicly condemn this who knows but as you claim to have chat logs then go into my last match & have a good read at the chat. Thanks Rubiam for putting the post up & obviously I 100% agree with you. You have probably made a few enemies now but fair play to you for standing up for what you believe to be right & proper. Its not very often that FOD do the right thing but i'll be watching with interest to see if you do so this time.
Not only should players be DQ'd for cheating (when it is found that they are indeed cheating)but they should also be DQ'd from any further participation in ANY FOD tourneys for a least 6 months , if not longer.FOD should let us, the players, decide what is to be done with people caught cheating.Mods, you should open a thread and ask all of us what should be done in these situations and make a ruling.Grand Prix pts should be taken away , if not DQing them from the Grand Prix altogether.I'm not talking about just tonite's episode but for us to decide what is to be done for any and all cheating in the tourneys now and in the future.If hard discipline is dealt out , it should discourage any of this behavior in the future.It's shameful that this subject even has to be addressed in 1st place.How small and pathetic must someone's life be to have to do something like that in order to feel good about themselves??   
From "The Spirit of Curling", World Curling Federation Handbook:

Curling is a game of skill and of traditions. A shot well executed is a delight to see and so, too, it is a fine thing to observe the time-honoured traditions of curling being applied in the true spirit of the game. Curlers play to win but never to humble their opponents. A TRUE CURLER WOULD PREFER TO LOSE RATHER THAN WIN UNFAIRLY.

(Emphasis mine)

Good Lucky was disqualified for this same stunt in a recent tournament.  A moderator could watch every one of his tournament matches and disqualify him, but Good Lucky doesn't seem to care.

There is only one person that can stop this cheating: RYMATA!  If RYMATA is a true sportsman, he would get Good Lucky to stop this.

A TRUE CURLER WOULD PREFER TO LOSE RATHER THAN WIN UNFAIRLY.

RYMATA, do you agree with the above statement?  If you do and Good Lucky does this again, you should disqualify yourself from that tournament.

What do you say, RYMATA?
SHAME SHAME SHAME!!! Mods have to step into character now, this is match fixing over all limits! Throw the involved players out of Grand Prix!
is incredible how moderators don't hear us!!!
Its possible that the players in question have been dealt with as the Mods are not going to come & tell us. They could already have demerits or something. There is a tourney in just 6 days time & both players could & should be banned from entering, it can be done. I don't want to hear arguments about how Ry done nothing wrong as he is benefiting from this & is happy to do so. Fod as you can see by the posts feelings are pretty strong on this subject so you do need to be seen to act. I am using my phone just now but later I could find a list of your rules & quote the sections & sub sections about cheating & transporting to you incase you are having difficulty here on deciding what to do.
Today I threw a game after the first end, but only because I was 5 down after the first end and knowing my own abilities knew I had no chance of winning. This is definitely NOT the same as throwing a game so that the opponent can win the tourney. It happened in the first 1/2 hour into the tourney and my opponent did not go on to win, In fact I ended up higher in the rating than he did : > )
 gabrielamihaela
is incredible how moderators don't hear us!!!

--------------------------------

You have to assume they hear. This isn't the first time this has come up. By the inaction, it seems they don't care.  
can someone explain how exactly they were cheating? I know I heard good lucky gave points but how?  did he concede half way through?  did he throw his rocks through the house?  accusing people of cheat is a serious allegation but before i am willing to condemn anyone I'd like to know without doubt they were indeed cheating.  did only one person see this happen?  
Hi Steed, Chucky & Gab don't really get along. Chucky would prefer Rymata to win the tourney than Gab, Rymata & Gab are pretty close in Grand Prix points too. Chucky got disqualified from a tourney 2-3 weeks ago for the same thing & if my recollection is right he admitted it. He quits matches deliberately giving his opponent the points when funnily enough its Rymata who benefits. I'm sure opinions will be divided so form your own conclusion mate. Anyway folks before this thread turns into 100 pages lets see if the Mods act, if we see demerits or a ban from Tuesdays tourney or a reset we'll know. Or maybe a Mod can come here telling us that its dealt with, you don't have to tell us what you's done but that way we'd know that we have been listened to.