« Back to All Topics
Server
Posted in 
Curling
Server
Posted in 
Curling
Server
The server here is getting worse. Can't be everyones ISP. I was on here the other night & seen at least 10 players affected by it. I know that there is likely to be the odd disconnect but it honestly seems to be getting worse. So as the problem is obviously at Fods end & as we pay its not too much to ask that you's sort it out. Thank you.
I think Wullie has a very valid point here and should be looked at with some urgency by FoD. The sooner they do something about it the better.
Yes, it is FAR worse.  Tonight my screen froze during the middle of the game while I was still connected to the internet in another window.  Definitely not an ISP problem.  Maybe that is why the number of players is down.  FoD, PLEASE look into this.
That is why the numbers are down.
The server at FOD is cutting me off constantly, even when I am just watching a game.  Even the chat is either slow or non-existent.  Time to get off your butts and fix this problem before everyone just leaves.  You need all the subscribers you can get.
Thanks for the responses people, time a MOD spoke up.
A couple nights ago I kept losing connection to the server. I always got it back, but it was very annoying, because it happened about 5 times in 10 minutes and meant I was always lagging behind in the chat and the gameplay. Open your eyes, FOD, and fix this. Players keep leaving for a reason, you know.
This is so annoying. Its blatantly obvious that you guys are unhappy with this issue & want a response from a Moderator yet the post has to be approved by a Moderator before its allowed through. See the irony in that 1, you couldn't make it up. Surely there is a Mod out there with half a brain. People are frustrated, some are staying away. When we have a complaint we realize that a Mod is not a technician & can't fix the problem, all we expect from you is for you to acknowledge it & for you to pass it on to whoever can sort it. Now do your job please as you should be doing it. Thank you.
hi wullie, i have problems too. im not able to play properly. ist hard to enjoy the game like this, hope it will be better. thx
I feel your pain mate. It happens to me sometimes still but I see it happening to my opponents regularly. It is a FOD problem & it really annoys me that no Mod will comment on this. I thought that these forums were meant to be about expressing ideas, airing complaints & a way of communicating with the Mods but it seems that they will only answer what suits them. Maybe you should just bypass them & take your complaint directly to solware. You will find them at the bottom of this page. Infact I think everyone should & state that you posted in the forum & get ignored.
As I stated above maybe a Mod can't help but they should at least clarify their position & point us to who can.
Disconnections are directly linked to the server safety. I think there are more expensive shields required to deal with those. And FOD management needs to agree to afford them. But number of subscribers is declining and so are server profits… 
Happy winter and good curling!
It is definitely FoD's problem and they should do something about ASAP. There are a lot of little Vegemites who use this site and are really very irate about the way they are treated here with absolutely no notice taken about their complaints, which are completely ignored by the powers that be, and they do not even have the decensey to try to explain what the problem is. This is from a VERY irate little Vegemite. : > )
I think a hypotese: occured the problem after chrome (Java) was unabled to connect whith FoD? Could it be related to this?
Whatever the problem people deserve an explanation & are clearly not getting one.
I know this problem is beyond the mods control, but FoD should get off their backsides and do something about this problem before they lose all their subscribers. I play Yahtzee at the same time as curling and as curling keeps dropping out whilst I have no problem with the Yahtzee site it is obvious that this is a fod problem.
A final plea to all those wonderful, hardworking and overworked mods out there, Could one of you please take the time to explain to use silly subscribers what FoD Intends (if it does) to do about this problem
Please leave the sarcasm to me Jock. Listen Mods you's are not stupid. If god knows how many people put in a complaint then you are duty bound to answer it. This is seriously beyond a joke. There are posts upon posts about this server & not 1 mods reply. Infact quite the opposite, some mod or other is taking the time to delete posts so what is that telling us? The people deserve answered even if its to say sorry we don't know what the problem is, or even to say that complaints are noted & passed on. I have screenshots of all posts & will be passing them on myself with a complaint about you's if you just sit there & appear to do nothing.
I guess mods are yust doing what they are very very good in .maybe thats the real problem here !!!
Disconnection usually means that there was some connection problem somewhere between your machine and FlyOrDie.com. It is also called being 'booted' or 'kicked'. Unlike most websites where you download the whole page content and then browse through it, FlyOrDie.com requires that you stay connected continuously.

We suggest checking the below list to see what you can do to lower the frequency of disconnections. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any of this will help to get rid of DC's.

Please try the followings:

- Your router may become flooded with data and drop your connection to your ISP. Reset your network devices to address this.
- If you're using wireless internet, try switching to a wired connection.
- Some advanced internet settings may cause issues. Check your Proxy settings and disable if necessary.
- Programs running in the background can conflict with your connection to our server. Try closing background applications.
- The game requires up-to-date drivers to run smoothly. Ensure that your network and video card drivers are up-to-date.
- Conflicting network information may cause disconnections. Try to release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any conflicts.
- Ensure that the connection between your network and the FlyOrDie servers is clear by running a trace route.
- Try another ISP.

You can also run a "tracert www.flyordie.com" in command prompt right when the disconnects happen, to see where the connection drops, and post your results here.
VEGIMITES ..LOL WULLIEBHOY IS ONE !!, THOUGH AFTER ALL THE COMPLAINING POSTS ON THE FORUM, I WOULD DESCRIBE IT(WULLIE) AS A VEGETABLE...AND AS REGARDING THE COMPLAINT ITS THE BROWSER YOUR USING(SOME WILL NOT ALLOW FLASH PLAYER ANYMORE) TRY EXPLORER OR OPERA OR IF YOU WANT TO BE ANNONYMOUS..TOR OR DUCKDUCKGO 
Frankly, I can not understand this discussion. I have a mobile broadband connection wireless that works perfectly,my connection has never failed the past year. So I can not see that FoD should have a technical problem. But there are many poor and cheap ISP in the world, perhaps the problem is elsewhere.How large a percentage of the players here have actually problems?
Best greetings and the connection will be with you. :)
Thanks for the reply Flyordie. This next comment is directed to you & Anna. Over the past month especially there are dozens of players from all over the world who suddenly have become affected by this server. It cannot be a crap ISP or blah blah blah as has been mentioned on every single players part. Its too much of a coincidence that guys that never had a problem suddenly do, I'd buy that if it was a handful but not dozens. Not to mention the people that have not complained & are just staying away.

Cheese pants I've no idea what you've taken but please demand a refund or go sign yourself into the nearest loony hospital.
Hi,

When i was talking of aggression and disrespect in comments
... U do' nt have shame "  Wulliebhoy " to say so to actor of site who takes time for to try to help u .... I compare your comment to incitement to verbal abuse...

What, who ?  Who has tried to help? Flyordie replying after at least 100 posts on the subject?  I did thank him & reply to him.  I show respect to the people that show me respect.  I suggest that you read all posts carefully & take into consideration how many people have asked for help & been ignored or is that ok?
The ONLY person that you could possibly say that I've been cheeky to is Jock Kuta but truth be known its banter between us & I've not actually been cheeky to him, he is one of my friends.
No disrespect to you Shield but you are implying that just because we come on this site then we should bow to whoever took the time to set it up. When the server posts started they were asking for help, numerous posts down the line it turned to frustration. Its the 21st century & when you pay for a service then you don't expect it to be run by the village idiots.
wullie:

"there are dozens of players"

And there are hundreds who can play normally. If there is a problem with OUR server, then not only a couple of dozens of players are effected.

Most probably the players who have problems uses isp's that connect to our server through a route that has some problems currently (that's why i suggested to check it with tracert, no reply on that one until now). 

It is an unfortunate situation, as we can not do anything to improve your connection to our server, we can only do anything if the problem occurs within our server.
Dear friends, it's surely logical that when so many NOT have bad connection, the problem may be elsewhere ....
Hello again Flyordie & thanks again for the reply. At my end its generally ok but loads of my friends that I play that used to be fine for them & now they are having sometimes several disconnects per night.
As was stated very early in these threads you might not have the answer or be able to fix it but all we asked was communication from yourselves & to be fair it has taken a lot of arguing on our parts before we got answered.
From what I hear the players can access all your other games ok & it seems to be curling. Seemed to start when Google Chrome was not compatible anymore. I use I.E & Firefox no problem really so all I can suggest now is for players to use Firefox, update Adobe & Java, clear cookies etc & see how it goes. There was frustration at no replies & to me that's fair enough but once again thanks for taking the time to reply.
Flyordie one last point, you made me laugh when you said hundreds can get in ok. The rooms are nearly always empty. When was the last time there were hundreds in curling? Anyway I've decided that my work is done here so as an early Christmas present to you all I'll be giving the forum a miss until some time in the new year. Any so called smart people that want to have a dig won't be answered. Time to focus on trying to get the points back up a wee bit. Merry Christmas all & before you celebrate too much I've nominated Jock Kuta to take over in my absence so haha folks & good luck with him. All yours Jock.
Your last point makes no sense. If you see that 70 players are online, it does mean that there are 70 players online at that MOMENT. 

It does not contradict the fact that there are hundreds of players connecting each day (most of them without connection problems).

Hello FlyOrDie:

I have been a very active player for your curling game for approximiately 5 years now.

2-3 years ago - it was a VERY common occurance to see multiple rooms filled to the max.

Now when you log in after 6pm (Central Standard Time - North America) - you barely see any players that are currently in the lobby.

It's no exaggeration when Wulliebhoy says there used to be hundreds of players online.  He didn't mean through the course of the day - he met at one time.  And I can back up that statement.

The sport of curling in itself is not dying - it's thriving.  

There are fundamental issues that players have experienced on this website - that have stopped them from playing and/or subscribing.

To reply to the forum posts and publicly post negative replies to players and subscribers is very irresponsible.

Take some accountability - and most importantly.....take some action.

Make this game great again.

We all love playing this game - so that's why we post these things.....to enjoy it to the max.
hi

i try all the things which are possible for me, but the problems are stil there. 

now something to know what is happend. "Jock" told me to try firefox as browser - i did so. and realy no more connection problems !!! great jeeha but only for a short moment. now - and i dont understand this - all the game settings dont work anymore. so i had to change again and go back to IE. 

but there is a light. i keep on trying, like using IE but opening in Firefox and so on .... thanks for all who have patience when the game is disturbed.

gg to all
I totally agree...it's annoying...it's bad when you and your opponent have to wait a minute for the next rock...but when you get disconnected it's really lame! But disconnecting server are better than wars around the world...