Dear Santa...
Posted in 
Curling
Dear Santa...
Posted in 
Curling
Dear Santa...
Dear SantaFOD,

Despite my best efforts to the contrary, I have been a good boy this year, so here is my list of things I would like in my stocking this year:
1) A "Shake Hands" button to gracefully terminate a game when an opponent is laying a beating on me
2) An option to make the ice more "swingy" - would have to be agreed upon by both players, of course
3) Select rock/ring colors (silly aesthetic thing but also should be pretty easy to implement)
4) Again, at mutual request of the players, disable the highlighting of shot rocks to encourage a more contingent strategy as must happen in real curling.
5) At least one tournament a month that allows non-subscribers - the player base is dwindling and if the non-subscribers got to play in occasional tournaments maybe they'd want to play in weekly tournaments.
6) Offer tournaments every Saturday for subscribers in addition to Tuesday - in tandem with #5 to encourage more subscribers. In fact, #1-4 could be subscriber only features
7) A "league" tracker, where participating players can keep track of win/loss - minimum 6 or 8 end games.
8) 30-second time-out feature for games 8 ends or longer, with clock cumulative for the game, not just the end.
9) A topic pinned near the top of this board that posts, tracks demand and tracks progress and implementation of player-requested upgrades.
10) Most of all, SantaFoD, I'd like someone to acknowledge that these upgrade requests are being seen and considered. Many here love this game and would like to see it grow and improve. Good for us and presumably good for FoD.

A Merry Christmas to all!
2) An option to make the ice more "swingy" - would have to be agreed upon by both players, of course. --- I agree with this, that will change the game for sure.

8) 30-second time-out feature for games 8 ends or longer, with clock cumulative for the game, not just the end. ---- I strongly disagree with this idea. 

The rest don't matter much to me. Others can decide those. 
-------------------------
8) 30-second time-out feature for games 8 ends or longer, with clock cumulative for the game, not just the end. ---- 

I strongly disagree with this idea.
-------------------------

Wait until you're older and 8 ends is a long time between nature calls... :D
I said that I'd not be posting again until after Christmas but I feel the need to back up whitecrj here. You know as well as I do mate that FoD will not go that far but its opened it up for debate so I hope that the Mods acknowledge this topic then keep an eye on opinions & if you get a favorable reaction then implement them. FoD your numbers are dwindling so I sincerely hope that you answer the OP & take into consideration his points. That is 1 of my biggest criticisms of you, this guy has taken the time to write a lengthy post so let it count for something

8) 30-second time-out feature for games 8 ends or longer, with clock cumulative for the game, not just the end.

Really interesting points overall, but I would disagree with number 8. I like the fact that the game penalizes you for 2 minutes of idling. Say FOD gave us, say, 20 minutes for 10 ends, and one opponent randomly left for some reason. Then there would be no penalties for 20 minutes, and the other player would sit there for 20 minutes doing nothing, waiting for the opponent's time to run out. I think the end by end timer is a much more effective way of keeping everyone on pace, and is more fair for the people who have to wait for their opponents to come back to the game.

That being said I really hope FOD acknowledges you on this thread. Some of the changes you mentioned do not look that hard to implement. Besides, you're one of the few people who still care about the game, and they should be thankful that you care enough to suggest improvements. I see a failure to reply to such a thoughtful post as unprofessional and downright rude.

Merry Christmas everyone.
I whole heartily agree with #1, it would be graceful way to leave when you are being beaten badly & more in line with real curling. I also think the time could be cut way down...1 minute per end with only a 5 second grace period (instead of 15)to shot before your clock starts.

I would also like to see a draw to the button for hammer before each game.

Merry Christmas to all