« Back to All Topics
I Am About Done Playing This Game!
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
It makes it hard to play when things keep changing.

I played for years with Google, okay I get that Google stopped supporting Java. So I switched to Opera because of the capabilities of having a true full screen.

So now after last update I can't use full screen anymore! Now my screen has same height but smaller width. Whats the big deal you wonder. 

Well now my power bar is a different size, different speed. After some 7000 games, who knows how many stones I have thrown. I need to adjust my reaction speed and weight.

It SUCKS!!!!!
Respectfully submitted:

A number of characteristics have changed, including the curl etc. While no one likes change, updates are necessary to keep up with changes in technology. Unfortunately new releases often come with bugs - it is nigh impossible to test every browser and OS out there so there are bound to be a few bedding down issues. It would probably be very helpful to FOD if issues were reported along with browser, browser release number (usually found in help.about or something like that), operating system and version and hardware. If they are able to recreate the problem it makes solving it far easier.

Also respectfully, although many of us have played a number of games and now need to adjust weight, etc., this is simply more realistic. Real curling demands that participants play on ice surfaces that vary depending on a number of factors, including climate and even the skill of the ice maker. They adjust with every game and sometimes the ice will even change over the course of a match. "Reading" the ice is part of the sport. I might suggest that using the same curl and weight 1000's of times results in not game play but merely being programmed by the game itself. Thus, high point levels become not the result of superior game play or strategy but rather the result of doing the same thing over and over. While I doubt the idea would garner much support here, ice that varied slightly every match would add a realistic component - better players would be able to read and adjust quicker. 
i cant control  the brush, i have to get used to this?
Im agree with whitecrj, the game has become more difficult, requiring greater skills of the players, thats nice, more like real curling. I like this!
Well said Craig. As someone who has curled for 40 years, you are correct about different ice surfaces requiring the ability to read the ice and adjust. I have experienced other factors such as the rocks. You can get one rock sharper than the other resulting in one rock running normal and the other being a "cutter" or curls more. They can also require different weight thrown for each rock. So weight and the amount of curl is all part of the game. Try experiencing ice that requires you to play negative ice lol

As for the other glitches of sweeping and erratic power bar, these need to be fixed so that players can continue to play and enjoy the game. 

i cant control the brush, i have to get used to this?

The mouse cursor now has to be "on the ice" in order for the sweeping to work as before.