« Back to All Topics
Take outs wandering
Posted in 
Curling
Take outs wandering
Posted in 
Curling
Take outs wandering
Why is it, the last takeout of the end, especially near the center,always wanders over in the opposite direction?Is it not better to win by strategy ?
It's better to win by skill and not use max weight takeouts, since anyone is capable of holding a mouse and not releasing it. Any takeout on any shot will do what you want it to do if you can coordinate your weight release and sweeping. 
Down the middle take outs are very inconsistant. Rocks can go either direction for no rhyme or reason regardless of weight.Takes away from the game.Agree, better to win by tactics than luck
re 77.tracking rocks down center line you can see rocks move back and forth , or going wrong direction to steer into guards, Not conssistant.
Had 4 ender,easy wide open takeout for 5 just left of back center. light takeout.NOT ! rock goes opposite way misses by full rock width. 
Nik. when this happens to me I will purposely quit and loose the next 20 games.
Same,Last shot of the match and the rock wanders off the other direction and P miss by a mile. It cost me the game. There should be no reason for this.
Why does it happen on last rock of the end. Angle take out for four. Aim wide and heavy to catch inside angle. Rock overcurls and jambs other side. Not even close. This becomes luck instead of skills.
Heavy power is a bit of a gamble, but generally if you stay in the green to yellow area you can do takeouts and correct for the slight wandering by sweeping. It's meant to make the takeouts harder, but they do not wander that much if you aim carefully.

I would say you should try orange power if for the long doubles, I always think I have a better percentage with less power.
Mr. 77

That is the dumbest comment I've read in a long time. Go watch a curling game. Takeouts are part of it. Get over or go play shuffle board.
@ TheRake

I know full well takeouts are part of a curling game. I'm differentiating between real and online curling - or maybe I should have specified that. 
In online curling, ice conditions do not change. In online curling, your max power is found by holding and not releasing the mouse.
In real curling, ice conditions change. In real curling, your max power is a fast slide with you can still have control of. 
Either way, you control the weight you throw and where the rock is going to go. It doesn't matter what rock of the end it is.
RAKE,77,Nik, the issue is not weight or hit vs draw, but if you are throwing a wide open hit ,to a rock in the centre, regardless of weight or aim, the rock will often go the opposite direction and miss. You can see the rock tracking back and forth accross the centre line. 
Sometimes any strong players applies take-outs, it is part of his tactics. But when your opponent has the hammer and stupidly cleans the whole end, it's not curling, it's bowling. And to justify the fact that in real curling and lots of clean, stupid. First, it's NOT REAL curling, it is a VIRTUAL curling, there are a lot of differences. Second, curling in different countries are different. In Canada taken much to clean, so many canadians players stupidly clean the house, so on the website the majority of Canadians rather play bowling, justifying this curling so all play. Not all! Curling has3. the concept of the spirit of the game and want to play fair and nice. If for you beauty is bowling is your standard of beauty, it is not necessary to impose on others. I personally have a different standard of beauty in Curling. As they say in Russia, shove your opinion up your ass, everyone has their own opinion!
I agree krisster. When this happens I will purposly loose 20 games in protest
Same Nik . Easy take out for 4. Carefully aim, right weight, rock goes wild ,hits wrong side and jambs for a loss. Like u say, rather win or loose by skill and strategy than luck. Flyordie should fix this.