« Back to All Topics
Pathetic arnelas1951
Posted in 
Curling
Pathetic arnelas1951
Posted in 
Curling
Pathetic arnelas1951
OK so I'm playing a two end match. I concede 2 in the first end. 
I am lying "shot" in the 2nd and just about to play my final stone to win 4:2 and my opponent quits and gets a 2:2 draw instead!
It doesn't seem right, or in the spirit of "curling". The scoring system should really be changed to penalise folk like that.
Screenshot at:

http://www.docdr.co.uk/Images/Pathetic.jpg
You are right. I have found that some players are rude and obnoxious. Sometimes fair play doesn't seem to exist. I play for fun and do not mind losing a good hard game. Play hard and fair and enjoy.
The points don't actually bother me. I play for fun and enjoyment. It is more that my fun/enjoyment of having "an easy shot to win" was taken away by another player who quit.
Perhaps he/she didn't do it deliberately to avoid losing.
EveMuirhead is one of the biggest whiners in Room 1. 

Take anything they say with a grain of salt. 

Also, registrations for the Spring Bonspiel are underway
Eve all I can say about some one pulling a dirty trick like that is:
This game/site is like a garden, and like any good garden you have to work hard to cultivate your game  and put in the time it takes to pull a few weeds out of the garden so to speak, I keep a note book and write down the names of unpleasant characters and don't play them anymore. This may or may not work for you but you should find some way to get the full enjoyment out of this wonderful game. That being said.How difficult would it be to put a algorithm (or whatever you call it) that when a quit that results in a tie after the 2 quit pts/ end are added on, the quitter gets the loss ?? You aren't the 1st person that has asked this over the years.