« Back to All Topics
Doubles rules
Posted in 
Curling
Doubles rules
Posted in 
Curling
Doubles rules
An option for Doubles rules would be awesome.

Only differences.

Two rocks are pre-positioned. Team with hammer gets a rock in the back 4ft. Team without gets perfect centre guard (say half way between top house and hog line).

Five thrown rocks per team (fast!). Max 8 ends.

Free guard zone is for the first three thrown rocks and applies everywhere, even the house (so essentially a 5 rock rule).

Team that loses an end can choose to have hammer or not. 

There is a power play option and that's where it gets a little more complicated but I don't think you'd need it for online play. Nor do you really need the choosing of the hammer. 

It's more about the FGZ and pre-positioned rocks that makes it more of draw game and would probably be good for online play, especially because of the pace of the game too. It will be in the Olympics in 2018, btw.
The way you attempted to explain this......

Way too complicated.
Really? Where are you confused?
Personally - I'm not confused.

I know exactly how to play mixed doubles.

With saying that.....

Your explanation........

Just retarded.

I watched you play a few ends - I think you should just focus on the regular rules. You need lots of practice.
foreignexchange nothing was confusing. How else do you state rules for a game other than in bullet points? Instead of being rude all of the time, take that time and just read what's written. 
Foreign, please stop being so rude to everybody on here. No one likes you so just leave everyone alone. 
Dude - your account was insta-banned because you were caught cheating.

Now you're wandering around the lobby with multiple accounts.

Get a life.

Please stop making false claims and spending your entire life on this online game. Take a night off and go for a walk at the very least.
I ain't feeding this troll. He came by my game and instead of acting adult his first question was, "is English your first language." I was wondering that about him. Likely he has no friends to read him the words on the screen so he just gets angry at everyone because they can read and he can't. 

Probably uses one of those voice to text things to steam on the online curling game to about the 30 people who play this.
And by the way, I don't care that you call my explanation retarded. Just come up with a better way to explain it and all is good. That you have not and shows your level of retardation.

This may help you in the future. Might help you keep a few friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZB9KEXolXI
OOoohhhh, I know why he hates me. I just remembered I beat him a couple times and it was by like stealing 2 in the last end haha, good times!
I enjoy playing doubles it would be a nice addition to the game!  

ForeignExchange I don't think he complicated it much - did you expect him to create a Doubles for dummies book?
 Re...  ForeignExchange I don't think he complicated it much - did you expect him to create a Doubles for dummies book?                                                       

pointless asking him anything...he doesn't exist anymore.