« Back to All Topics
Concerns..
Posted in 
Curling
Concerns..
Posted in 
Curling
Concerns..
Id like to see steals worth more so players don't deliberately give ya one to keep hammer, especially in tourney play with only two ends. Yes padding others with double or even triple nicks is a joke, play right if your so good which several of you are not really good. And not to see my name in there as a top player is Ok cause of my ranking but I'm never being allowed to gain cause this game in controlled by the top guys but we all no I'm right up there..:)
YES I am, it's all true. Check when I actually enter tourney's and how I beat several top players.  I think I've schooled you a few times or maybe your one of the top players that hide..
We all beat several top players in tourneys as its a short match. I never claim to be a top player & I have no idea if I've ever played you let alone who won.
Forcing your opponent to one when he/she has hammer is a fundamental strategy in curling. Hopefully the have a five rock free guard zone here though as the rules are changing in the real world. That will change things.
I realize that's how you play but when you have hammer and you allow a deliberate steal to keep hammer in a 2 end game is just not right. If you allowed more points in the ratings for a steal that would eliminate that garbage.
This is pretty standard strategy in curling - both online & 'real life'.

If the game is tied and I have hammer in the 9th and I have no way to score 2 or blank - I'm going to give up a steal of 1 in hopes of scoring 2 in the 10th for the win.

If you do not like this strategy - FlyOrDie offers a wide variety of games that you can choose to play instead.

Anytime I've seen you in the lobby lately - you're constantly complaining/making an excuse about one thing or another.

This is just another........complaint.

Put your big boy pants on - deal with it - and play.
The rules of curling were not designed for a two end game so set your # of ends higher. There is a counter attack for any strategy.