« Back to All Topics
Why does the game keep shutting down in the middle of a match
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Almost every time I play the game shuts down in the middle of the game. Do I have settings wrong.. advice pls 

What specifically happens?

Do you receive a message saying you've been disconnected - or does the browser automatically close out?
I get no message the game will play one or two ends and then in the middle of the next end it freezes shutdown and returns to main menu to restart game
I have had the same thing happen a few times this past week.. Not sure why, but like you said, after an end or two it will randomly close and put me back in the menu.
It's been happening to me too, game freezes & then window closes several minutes later. Maybe due to all the "Olympic" traffic on the server?

Server here has been choppy for weeks now on & off.
No way that I am gonna subscribe to this game until it can handle the players so frustrating to be winning and in the middle of an end and to have all of the game just erased, gone not gonna pay money to something unreliable...

Whenever I lose a connection I can't get it back. My opponent can tho.

I have this problem a lot with the chess program. If the connection goes down on my opponent's end they are able to reconnect. If I try to reconnect I lose the game I was in and have to start over. This reminds me of the games in Yahoo. Someone found a "boot" program that forces the challenger out of the room. It always happens when you're ahead. They eventually had to close Yahoo chess. Apparently there was a programming error that someone could hack into. They could even get a boot program online. Hopefully that's not what's happening here, but it makes me wonder.
I get the same problem I have lost a lot of matches to this and like you  said when I am ahead..my frustration is getting high enough I am looking for other alt site I like this one but...if it cant be fixed very soon I am gone..