« Back to All Topics
WARNING
Posted in 
Curling
WARNING
Posted in 
Curling
WARNING
Note to all - I enjoy a good game and try observe sportsmanship at all times. However, I WILL ABSOLUTELY peel guards and play takeouts when my strategy calls for it, and I make no apologies at all in this regard. If this is not to your liking, best not to play me. :)
It’s amazing the amount of people even the top players who complain about this. It’s your game & you are there to win Craig so do as you need to. If others can’t adapt or find a way to win versus you well stuff them. I 100% agree with you.
I agree i have players against me complain because i dont play a "proper" strategy but thats how I win.
Throwing hard generally introduces more random, less skillful outcomes and accentuates the element of luck in the (video) game. If that's what you like then cool. Lots of players don't appreciate it. 
it absolutely amazes me the number of people playing this game that have not figured out the draws and take outs are part of the strategy of this game.  Have they never watched this sport on TV?  In a normal game, there are seldom no take outs, and if you do not have last rock and you put your rock on the button, I am going to take it out, otherwise how would I be able to score.
Curvin'Rock That's not a good argument. You can have just as much luck with draw weight and rub a stone and roll buried instead of the rock crashing on the guard and making a mess out front. 

Also, with how hard it is to make raised takeouts, the chances of getting "lucky" are far outweighed by just making a terrible shot.

If you don't like playing people who tick rocks, use takeout weight, or anything else. Just play people you know and agree before hand, not to use takeout weight, or tick guards or sweep etc. whatever you want. 

To complain because people are playing within the rules and general strategy of curling is nonsense. 
Yes....some folks call it bowling and I definitely try to tell them take outs, peels, and hit and rolls are all part of the real game, takeouts being one of the most common shots around.

People who whine like that... will not change their attitude because you give them information. They are just whiners who want to annoy you into doing what they want, just like children. There are many children or at least childish people here. 

So just mute them and move on.