Faked Tournament october 9. 2018
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Dear players, I send this to moderators:

A player with nickname "Davidd" participated in the tournament by starting  matches to leave the game after a few seconds(some say 30-40 games and I see on his status 20 games on 40 minutes). That's how the tournament has been completely falsified because some Top 10 players have got a fast-paced victory. Please check it out.
Regards

The result of the above becomes that "Davidd" is disqualified and ... tournament results are unchanged ... It is then illogical that the matches played by a disqualified participant are not reset and the points opponents have won not be deleted! The real effect of the "disqualification" is purely symbolic because Davidd "lost" all his matches. Well, but FoD should not be taken too serious even if we pay to participate :D
Hm if the players who played this disqualified player would lose their points earned playing him,would be very unfair. They got this opponent by the system,it is not their responsibility what this player does or not does.Also,by having to play him,they did not get any other game with the chance to get points. So why do players have to be punished for what their opponent does?It is logic they didn t lose their points.
Talking about the system,quite many times the end ranking in any tournament,is not according to the strenght of players.With other words,the system makes it well possible a player"not so good"ends before a player "very good".
It has to do with luck to get a certain opponent at the right time and also the dnd button"abused"  by players.
"Abused" because it is perfectly allowed by this system.
Players know exactly what they can do or not do.It s useless to blame players for it but the system should be blamed.
Understand your point, Mason, but ... my perspective is that I compare FoD curling with other sports, where I refer to the rules used in tournaments in most competitions for all sports, in cases where a team / player withdraws / is disqualified during a tournament, and all matches where this team / player has participated and all points from these matches are reset. I think this solution is fairer because these "matches" vs Davidd took only a few seconds and did not stole time from his opponents to play other "real" matches. I agree with you that the system may require reforms due to the reasons you mention!