« Back to All Topics
ads
Posted in 
Billiards
ads
Posted in 
Billiards
ads
im subbed and evrytime i log into this forum i get flamin ads ! why? i jus got one now...i closed it another came..closed it...another came thishappened 6 times one after another then i got 2 at end at once ! :|
In order to prevent adverts i beleive you must forst log into one of the game rooms. After that you should not see adverts on the forum.

Thats pretty stupid though 'coz lots of subscribers (me included) don't use the web browser mode because we have the PC Version. Can't FlyOrDie change it so it reckonises you as a subscriber when you log into the forum?
or since you repeadedly close it maybe you have spyware? i get many ads when playing larkinor due to that :(
and veriac os correct but i never get the "forum ads" even when im not logged in to games :p
I just got an ad that came like halfway down the page. :OX-(
Snooker....Do you get alot of pop up ads in other websites as well? If you do, like Concept says, you might be infected with Spyware. Its not too easy to get rid of it, since it clings onto your registry. Go to 
http://www.adaware.com
 and download the spyware blocker. Hope this helps mate.

Ĉrown Thief
Spyware doesn't usually create pop-up adds, it just watches what you are doing and relays informtation to its owner. I would guess that every computer without some kind of spyware protection is infected. Every single one.

If you have XP, then update to SP2. There is a pop-up blocker built in, and the firewall is semi useful. None of these will stop FoD ads though :p