« Back to All Topics
Freezing?
Posted in 
Curling
Freezing?
Posted in 
Curling
Freezing?
Now I know there's usually a lot of freezing in curling... It's the only shot I can make...
But lately I've had some issues with my connection freezing briefly mid-shot, and it will happen about 5 times in one single shot. Really annoying, and makes it way harder to judge speed and line.
Anyone else experience this? My internet connection is fine otherwise, just wondering if it's a server problem... Wouldn't be surprised, anyway.
And while I'm here, the Scotties starts tomorrow. Go Team JJ and Team Fleury!
hi
in curling there are indeed a lot of connection problems, you need to have an excellent debit to play perfectly

Malik
For my part, I have experienced a sudden loud buzzing and frozen picture that goes into black screen, then the image comes back in chunks, totally unplayable, During all this, I am not disconnected as the sound is there all the time. After I disconnect and upload again, the server says that this server is unsuitable for this game. although it is the same server I have always used and can use again after some time. Do others have the same experience?
Things are really going down hill it seems.
I only have one word to sum up the cause of such issues.

Neglect.
hi
this is normal when java is not updated

malik

《.¢ℓαяк кєหŦ.》, is this an answer to my question?. 

Hi Malik 《.¢ℓαяк кєหŦ.》Ty, I have dowloaded Java new version now, but I have played for a long time without Java on Google Chrome!!! Is this normal? I read something about Java and windows 10 have to use Internet Explorer browser. Should I use Internet Explorer or Firefox instead? 

Wowjustwow would accuse you of talking rubbish, there is nothing wrong with FoD.
hi
you can play with the 2 AIYANNA but I recommend firefox, it is much better than explorer
Malik
Hi Rubiam,

The low temperature is mainly due to the large amount of ice in the room. Unfortunately, this is not something FlyOrDie can control as you cant play Curling without ice.

Regards,
Boss
@Rubiam98

It seems that your chipset or networking drivers needs an update, also cleaning up the log files can help. If using Windows: Some uninstall the driver and and then reinstall it driver with Windows Update.

@AIYANNA

Black/Blank Screen has always to do with video card driver (crashing and restarting), happens a lot when messing with overclock values (overclocked GPU). Sometimes a simple graphics settings adjustment helps (had this case when running Win7 64 and an Nvidia card: it is called TDR, Time-out Display Recovery: I underclocked my base and memory clocks by 50mhz and turned my voltage down by 12.5.).

@Wulliebhoy 

Nice to see you trolling again

@All

Since almost all games were running with Java, and this isn't supported anymore, many technical issues are on the road. Therefore older graphic cards don't work anymore or they do but cause many issues. Also some browsers don't do a good job, namely Blink-based browers (Chromium and Chromium-based browsers like Chrome, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)#Browsers_based_on_Chromium
 ). The only browser that can be fully recommended is Firefox (Gecko-based browser).

The sound goes on while you are disconnected, as far as i experienced it! You should wait until you get reconnected.
I am using Safai under OSX and have no problems at all.
I don't troll, I just liven this place up. Nothing personal.
THERE'S THAT WULLIEMONSTER TALKING RUBBISH AGAIN WHEN HE STATES THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FoD.))))
Put a Cardigan on, that should help with the freezing a little :O