« Back to All Topics
Please Explain
Posted in 
Curling
Please Explain
Posted in 
Curling
Please Explain
I was playing a guy named Nagal. He was up 4-1 in last end. I had hammer. On my last shot I had a shot for 4 to win so he quit and I lost. How can this be right I don't understand? It said I lost 4-3. I do not understand.
FOD, for reasons unknown, has continuously refused to introduce a measure that would give someone an automatic loss if they quit. You're not the first one to get the short end of the stick there.
Just don't play him anymore, thats all you can do.
That should honestly be a punishable offence for unsportsmanlike actions..so silly.
yes this question goes back before the beginning of time
@Rubiam98

FOD HAD introduced a measure, that would give someone an automatic loss if they quit, from the very beginning. But for very good reasons that was abandoned (disconnections led to losses despite of leading, for example).

The current solution is not perfect, but is the best possible: the running end is numbered 2 or 3 depending on who was shot, every further unfinished end is numbered 2. 

In this case it seems that Nagal was shot and Skancel had the opportunity to take that shot stone out and score 4 in that end.

It is frustrating to play with such guy, I understand.
As Rubiam said mate, a  form of cheating from your opponent but FoD refuse to have a solution in place for this so put it down to experience.
Same here.   Has happenned at least 4-5 games.  Go up after first end 1-0 and quit.  Wtf?   No spirit of curling
Perhaps a better solution would be to award an 8 to the the non-offending player for the end currently being played. Another thing that may help is an "I concede" button (in all languages) that you can press if you are too far behind to continue and it gives your opponent the win as often happens in real curling. 
It seems to me that they quit when they are ahead, its basically cheating, these players cant take a beating, please change the rules
This also happened to me this week, very frustrating especially when you are a paid subscriber! Please fix this