« Back to All Topics
Bailing out whilst ahead
Posted in 
Curling
Bailing out whilst ahead
Posted in 
Curling
Bailing out whilst ahead
How come EVERY player ive played bails out while they are ahead, without finishing the game

Way too many 1 and done, get very irritating 
Probably a lot of new players here. Play people who have a few dots, accumulate enough dots to set the number of ends. If someone bolts, don't play them again. It gets better when you develop a network of people - lots of good folk on here as well
And also report them by clicking on player info!
And also report them by clicking on player info!
As Daniel said” Report them for what” .
Yes it’s bad sportsmanship  & annoying but not a reason to be reported.
I thought it cheating since only the losing team can end the game and surrender.
Is it because the number of ends weren't selected? Even then I didn't subscribe so I couldn't do it
The only reason that I could think of was they wanted to secure their points(or they thought the gap was too big but it was 3-2 or 2-0 so it doesn't seem like it)
I(and I think many others) just wanted to play a good game, or at least a game without anyone leaving untill it's over. I thought we would be able to report that
Oh I looked at the WCF 'chief umpire reference manual 4.0' and it doesn't have it
Maybe they don't do it because the players respect the other team? Idk
I'm new and playing my first games today....got a bit lucky on takeouts and of the 3 games i've played the opposing player was down the first 2  times 0-3 to me after 1 and bailed. the 3rd player didn't even let the end finish. is this curling or what? don't get it.